Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I wanna see IB dressed as Mr. Herriman.

I'm dressing as Darth Vader yet again, assuming there's a good party to go to. On Halloween itself I'll be taking refuge in one of the local restaurants. The one thing I miss about my old building was their "No Trick-or-Treating" policy; I could spend the evening at home without being interrupted every half-hour or so. This year I've got to go out and hide.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-20-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #12
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Gee, Cassini, will you ask for the meatloaf again? :lol:

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I live in a different area than last year, with different restaurants. One of them does have meatloaf, but in keeping with the scary theme of the holiday I think I'll be ordering the liver.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I live in a different area than last year, with different restaurants. One of them does have meatloaf, but in keeping with the scary theme of the holiday I think I'll be ordering the liver.
Ewwwww!(place barfing Bloo smiley here)
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I might as well share that my work place has Halloween dog and cat toys, accessories and costumes up now. Including some licensed Disney costumes. I'm so tempted to get Joey a Peter Pan costume since he's been my favorite character since I was a wee thing. There's also a Little Mermaid one which I think would look adorable on my furry niece Jing Ling. I just really don't want to spend $20 for each.

I'm still deciding what I want to dress up as. There's also an adorable dragon costume that's only $15 that I'm thinking about getting Joey. And I could dress up as a damsel. That would be fun. But then I'm still debating, I dress up in my medieval ones more than anything else. I want to do something different this year!

Yeah, maybe we'll both be angels or I'll dress in Victorian underpinnings, and Joey can be a cowboy or something.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #16
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

You know, I envy you all dessing up and making a big event of it. Halloween is really just the evening once a year when kids come to collect their sweets. I might even try buying them off with fruit again this year now 'Sporticus' has them in his power.

Anyway the last time I dressed up as anything was as Che Guevera for a fancy dress do years ago and all that involved really was putting on a beret and fatigues. I think I'd like to have ago at the full scaly dragon outfit really with a big tail and little smoke bombs let off in the muzzle here and there. Something proper scary and intimidating. Still keep the glasses though.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 09-05-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: that's not a word
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #17
bloonuggets

Sparky, you don't have to stay home on Halloween, but you can go out to parties. Just Google "Halloween Parties in [insert city here]" and there's a list (that will be occassionally updated as it were) of places to go.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #18
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Thanks but I'm uncomfortable around large groups of people, strangers or not, who are drinking and behaving sexually, as is the case with pretty much all parties. (Unless it's a church party or something, and frankly that sort of thing makes me uncomfortable too.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #19
bloonuggets

And before All Hallows Eve, here's a picture of me in my brand spanking new Jessie from Team Rocket of Pokemon, as seen at the New York Anime Festival:

The biggest surprise of them all was when Rachael Lillis, who was the original voice actress for this character, saw me dressed in this and her jaw dropped. She was so surprised, she even gave me her autograph. And I also saw our pal Waynekaa there as he worked the event for acparadise.com.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 10-08-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Edited picture.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #20
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Thanks but I'm uncomfortable around large groups of people, strangers or not, who are drinking and behaving sexually, as is the case with pretty much all parties. (Unless it's a church party or something, and frankly that sort of thing makes me uncomfortable too.)
Ugh, I am the same way. I only drink on occasion, and honestly could care less about the sexiness of costumes. It all just seems like an excuse anymore =( And the church thing... eh. I'll not get into that. But seriously... all the Halloween costumes are about sex anymore rather than actually dressing up. It seems so lazy to just go spend $50 on a badly made generic costume.

I'm going to be dressed as Bad Girl from the game No More Heroes.

I made the costume myself and it turned out AMAZING. I am so proud of it! I will definitely post pictures when I get some. I'm actually thinking of begging my photographer to take professional photos of it, but I haven't really asked her about it :/

Funny how I really dislike the sexiness of costumes AND heavy drinking, and the character I'm being is a trashy combination of both. Oh I just couldn't help it... I love the stark contrast of her character so much!

Tags
costumes, halloween, way off topic