Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:30 PM   #101
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I agree, it's hard to take that episode without grinding your teeth or just feeling bad for her. Like I said with the whole "Bloooo" episode issue, Frankie was treated badly by a BAD person and even though she made mistakes in both episodes, the guy tormenting her in "Bloooo" wasn't reallying trying to.

That was partly her fault where as this was all squared firmly on Goofball. But Frankie is a strong person and a sweet one at that, she gets peeved and loses it from time to time but as you can see, she isn't the type of person to take it personally. Even when Bloo ruined her date in "Frankie my Dear".

She's good as gold inside and that's one of the reasons why I like her and Mac so much, because they both are really decent people. Even Goo in her youthful ignorance can be down right rude or annoying sometimes, but Mac and especially Frankie are by nature sweet and very kind and caring people.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #102
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Well the difference is that Bloo dosn't intend to hurt people, he's just so fixated at whatever whim entered his head at the moment that it completely fails to occur to him that something else is going on. Goofball is just... well he acts like my brother at his worst.I mean really atcs like my brother, who will to this day make dirty dishes and laundry, kick me off the computer crush my legos and make me get stuff for him (I've stopped objecting, but i'm ready to cheer as he's going off to california for winemaking and i'll never ever ever see him again muahahahaha! Where was i?)
Old 08-30-2006, 07:03 AM   #103
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Watch the episode again.
But I don't want to.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:16 AM   #104
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
But Frankie is a strong person and a sweet one at that, she gets peeved and loses it from time to time but as you can see, she isn't the type of person to take it personally. Even when Bloo ruined her date in "Frankie my Dear".
Indeed. My personal favorite example of this is from "Busted". Upon discovering that Bloo and the gang had been responsible for all the messes she'd had to clean up, she responds with "Guys, this isn't cool..."
That's all? It just isn't cool? That's an awful nice response, I'd say.

It was funny as well.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #105
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
Indeed. My personal favorite example of this is from "Busted". Upon discovering that Bloo and the gang had been responsible for all the messes she'd had to clean up, she responds with "Guys, this isn't cool..."
That's all? It just isn't cool? That's an awful nice response, I'd say.

It was funny as well.
And that's what makes Frankie so awesome. She could've said, "How could you guys do this to me?! I hate you all!" and run off to cry in her room. But she didn't.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #106
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
LOL! Many would say we are pretty sad to find a cartoon character attractive! But I say it's a testimet to her wonderful character. Her personality is wonderful, and she's even a beauty.
In my opinion, Frankie is far more appealing to me than most fictional female characters I've seen, in animation AND live-action. Her attractiveness is something that is very genuine and wholesome while still being downright foxy, instead of being a cynical attempt at pandering to the lowest common denominator.

And Frankie is vulnerable. Even though she's one of the show's most level-headed characters and can be the "beacon of reason" when needed, she is also fallible and, as we now know, very prone to getting "the short end of the stick", even when it's completely uncalled for. Believe it or not, I find that refreshing. I HATE it when females are portrayed by the mass media as being completely infallible and goddess-like, and I LIKE that she doesn't get special treatment by the writers just because of her gender... even though it's a character I love and care about.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #107
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I agree, it doesn't seem that there's much between "Princess Peach-esque damsel in distress" and "I am STROOOONG, I am INVINCIBLLLE" female characters and Frankie is a perfect balance. She's like a real person, instead of the writers trying to make her a butt-kicking.... something.... just so she can appeal to feminists and pervy guys alike.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #108
Cyburn

I like Frankie, shes attractive, but still has a personality unlike many attractive girls in cartoons.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #109
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
She's like a real person,
which is why she's so entertaining.
It's not easy to create such a human character in fiction.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:57 AM   #110
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

And that also goes to show how talanted the writers of the show are. I actually daydream of what it would be like if I ended up working at Fosters (if it were real ofcoarse) and how I would interact with the characters.
I could see myself actually being the peace-keeper between Frankie and Harriman. Getting between them and trying to find a happy mediam in whatever they are arguing about.
I could see myself insisting on doing the jobs Frankie would rather not do (clean the toilets and stables) and takeing her out of the house if things get too heated. I would just try to give her the slack she desrves.
About the only character I probobly would have trouble getting along with is Bloo, but I would try anyway. Wilt, Co-co, Edwardo, Mac and Frankie would all be easy to get along with. I think I would get along well enough with Harriman. He reminds me of my grandfather. Bloo would just need alot of care. The slightest thing could set him off.