Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJ1800 View Post
Wait a minute, I just thought of something involving Jackie Khone's Origin. Craig McCracken himself said that people lose the ability to make imaginary friends by the time they reach adulthood. By Craig's own rules, Jackie Khone's origin is physically impossible.
I believe the creation process is largely biological in nature, not a purely mental exercise. As I recall, Lauren has said that the cutoff point is adolescence, so it is logical to assume that the same adolescent hormones that switch on one's ability to reproduce in the traditional manner also switch off the brain's ability to create Imaginary Friends. It is possible that a mutation might arise wherein the cells in the part of the brain responsible for creating Imaginary Friends lack the proper receptors for these hormones, and as such the ability wouldn't be switched off and would be retained into adulthood. There is certainly precedence for things like this, the most notable being the ability to digest milk; normally this ability is lost as one ages but a beneficial mutation allows many people to continue to drink milk all their lives. In the case of Billy Dee Williams, he simply has a mutation of some sort that allows adults to create Imaginary Friends.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-02-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: I hate typos.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #12
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I believe the creation process is largely biological in nature, not a purely mental exercise. As I recall, Lauren has said that the cutoff point is adolescence, so it is logical to assume that the same adolescent hormones that switch on one's ability to reproduce in the traditional manner also switch off the brain's ability to create Imaginary Friends. It is possible that a mutation might arise wherein the cells in the part of the brain responsible for creating Imaginary Friends lacks the proper receptors for these hormones, and as such the ability wouldn't be switched off and would be retained into adulthood. There is certainly precedence for things like this, the most notable being the ability to digest milk; normally this ability is lost as one ages but a beneficial mutation allows many people to continue to drink milk all their lives. In the case of Billy Dee Williams, he simply has a mutation of some sort that allows adults to create Imaginary Friends.

Great explanation, Cass, even impressing me, a Science teacher by profession! I guess that while it's normal for most adults to be unable to create IFs, some do retain that ability. As for the woman(whom we assumed was Khaki Jones)seen talking to Jackie in GWH, she could have been some other IF's creator who was simply taken in by Jackie's charms and was talking to him...while he was probably flirting with HER.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Yeah, just like I said Billy Dee has the "Cool Gene" meaning he's capable of creating IF's well into adult hood.

Great this whole area of discussion has now got me wondering if BDW was responsible for the creation of other IF's, like for example he could have created Peas to get him ready for his guest stint on "The Jefferson's' where he had to act opposite of actor Sherman Helmsley.*

*(For anyone who doesn't get the joke, Sherman Helmsley is not a very big person...get it get it?)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #14
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Thank you Lauren.