Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #101
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

I love Bloo, but I do think he should be a bit more considerate of Mac. Like in Sweet Stench of Success, the line that was burnt into my memory was, "I don't care about Mac!" Bloo, how could you say that?

Camp Keep a Good Mac Down, in my perspective, was not for Mac-bashing purposes. It wasn't meant to bash anybody. I cannot really find any way in which it attempted to bash the kid. Yes, Bloo was selfish, more than he normally is at least, but I'd like to think that if the Foster's gang was lost somewhere trying to surive, Bloo would be the last to perish. He knows a good thing when he sees it. Bloo was given the opportunity to eat the food, so he took that opportunity--survival of the fittest is how I see it.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 11-06-2006 at 03:00 PM.
BlooCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #102
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Survival of the fittest does not account for revenge.

Also, I think Mac's behavior in Bloo's The Boss and Challenge of the Superfriends equally irritating. Stop yelling at your friend, idiot!
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #103
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Mac didn't seem out of touch in "Boss" if you ask me. I think he was upset Bloo was doing something so dangerous and downright unhealthy, staying outside in a crappy cardboard box and using puppets to delude yourself into a fantasy foster home isn't good.

It's bad. And besides, Mac HAS to yell at Bloo nearly all the time because that is usually the only way he gets the point, and even then he ignores Mac. Plus like everyone said before, Bloo has had a long habit of pulling stuns and lying to them before.

Mac thinks realistically and seriously, I also think he was trying to force Bloo out of this stupid idea. It took him forever to convince Bloo to behave in "Bus the two of us" and even longer in "Infernal Slumber". I don't feel Mac was in the wrong in "Boss".
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #104
Voxxyn
Banned

I'm with Mr. M. I can't blame Mac at all for getting angry like that.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #105
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzinistzerg View Post
Survival of the fittest does not account for revenge.
Er...Bloo ate up all the food because he wanted revenge?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #106
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Honestly, am I the only one bothered by the fact that Bloo and Mac are apparently becoming more and more hostile towards one another? Well, maybe hostile isn't the right word, but it's obvious they're beginning to grate on one another much more often, and there have been too few episodes recently where they're just being buddies, such as in Squeeze the Day. I'd love to see more episodes like Squeeze the Day, I really, really would. And while it's not uncommon for best friends to fight with one another........the number of arguments Mac and Bloo have been getting in recently is insane.
I agree; while I've said before, and still say, that it in a way proves how strong their friendship is (how many friends come along in one's lifetime that you could bicker with incessantly and still be best friends?), and while their fighting is usually hilarious, I'd still like to see more of them.... well.... being stupid together. More and more it seems like Mac is forced to play parent or babysitter to Bloo, and I hate to say it, but they're getting more and more opposite -- so much so that if it keeps going like this, they'll just.... have completely incompatible personalities or something. It's almost like they're drifting apart. Okay, I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, but....

I'm going to do what some people here have done for Frankie and say: I've always been fond of the "2-or-more-best friends" concept, but -- and this is just my opinion -- nobody has done it better than Craig and Crew have done with Mac and Bloo. Their friendship is simply my absolute favorite of any fictional medium ever, and I adore them both, so I'd like to see more of them being pals, and Mac having fun more often. That's why Squeeze the Day ranks so high on my list of favorite episodes (which admittedly is very long, because Foster's is great).

But I did totally understand Mac's yelling at Bloo in Bloo's the Boss, because I mean.... he was living in a cardboard box, all alone, with a stray cat that could have any number of diseases for which Bloo would have to be rushed to the hospital to get a tetanus shot if it bit him (no offense, Chuck), and talking to himself, just to prove he can do good deeds.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #107
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
Er...Bloo ate up all the food because he wanted revenge?

No, revenge form the others on Bloo.

Yes, you do have a point. It's just the yelling that struck me, though.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #108
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow
I think all in all Bloo does need to tone down torturing Mac if you will. Bloo puts Mac through alot of hell, even though they remain buddies in the long run. Bloo barely has to worry anout anything because he's careless 90% of the time.

Mac however has lots of things to worry about, including home life, school life, and everything else any logical person would worry about. And while I agree they have a powerful bond, it would be nice to SEE more of that bond rather then Bloo stressing Mac out all the time.
Exactly what I would like to see. And, odd as this may sound, because of Bloo's very nature, there's a good chance he's even genuinely forgotten about all of the other concerns Mac may have. After all, no longer having to live in the apartment where some of Mac's concerns would seem genuinely more real to him, Bloo may have completely forgotten that, well, Mac has responsibilities before having fun.

Quote:
And see MUCH LESS of Mac bashing episodes like "I only have surprise for you". That just took Bloo's pranking to a whole new dirty level, and that episode really upset me in alot of ways. I found it totally unfair to Mac.
Jeez, tell me about it......

Whereas "Foster's Goes to Europe" was a smack in the face, to me "I Only have Surprise for You" was like having both my kneecaps bashed in by a lead pipe by the end. Seriously, that seemed to even violate Bloo's personality on how far he would go for a prank, as well as the others complying with it. Maybe they thought it would send a "loosen up" message to Mac, but really, I think it did just the opposite. In a way, you'd think that this little event would just make Mac more and more suspicious of everyone. I know it would do that to me......

And, like I said, it didn't seem like a Bloo-esque prank. It was more like something I think Terrence would pull if he had the intelligence and cunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzinistzerg
His behavior in Go Goo Go is kinda odd though; he snaps, but even I, with my tendency towards whinyness never snapped like that as a kid
Actually, I can easily see why Mac would have snapped the way he did. I mean, his one sanctuary in the world had just been violated by an over-eager girl who was consistantly bugging him day after day after day while he was trying to avoid annoyances like that. Then, one day, he finds everyone in the van because they can no longer even go inside the house, and is told that he has to stop coming to Foster's so Goo will stop going to see him. While being assured that the deal will still stand, that is that Bloo will never be adopted, the idea has been changed so that it will now stand as long as he never comes back to Foster's, rendering the whole deal fairly pointless.

So yeah, I don't really find it odd with Mac having snapped, is what I guess I was trying to say.

Quote:
Also, I think Mac's behavior in Bloo's The Boss and Challenge of the Superfriends equally irritating.
I agree with Mr. Marshmallow and Voxxyn that Mac was quite in the right to do as he did in Bloo's the Boss. As for Challenge of the Superfriends..........come on! It was basically a Bloo shenanigan, but Mac was doing it instead! It was like Mac was being allowed to be a kid in that episode, which is something that happens rarely enough as it is. Give the kid a break for getting irritated with his friend's jealousy, despite the fact that Bloo would have done exactly as Mac was doing if given the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri
I'm going to do what some people here have done for Frankie and say: I've always been fond of the "2-or-more-best friends" concept, but -- and this is just my opinion -- nobody has done it better than Craig and Crew have done with Mac and Bloo. Their friendship is simply my absolute favorite of any fictional medium ever, and I adore them both, so I'd like to see more of them being pals, and Mac having fun more often.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #109
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzinistzerg View Post
No, revenge form the others on Bloo.

Yes, you do have a point. It's just the yelling that struck me, though.
Ah. Yelling at Bloo was not survival of the fittest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Whereas "Foster's Goes to Europe" was a smack in the face, to me "I Only have Surprise for You" was like having both my kneecaps bashed in by a lead pipe by the end. Seriously, that seemed to even violate Bloo's personality on how far he would go for a prank, as well as the others complying with it.
Now that you mention it, it is peculiar that the others would, firstly, even allow Bloo to humiliate Mac again, and secondly, actually help him carry out his plans. They might have let Bloo pull a prank on Mac, considering that it was Bloo's "tradition," but taking part in it sparks my curiosity.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #110
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

This is what I mean by the difference in the writers. Let's stick to the friendship theme, folks, and not bashing/yelling/acting stupidly around your so-called best friend.
They do need to lighten it up a bit, or I'd fear they would drift apart. Could explain if/when in the future Mac does give up Bloo if that's how they choose to end the show. (Which I doubt, but one never knows.)

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote