Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall

Notices

Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall Topics relating to the MMORPG FusionFall belong here.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default Something That's Been Bothering Me

First, I've not played this game. I suck, horribly, at any games, and have little time to become involved in them, so perhaps I'm "jumping the gun" here about something I honestly don't know much about.

Anyway, most of y'all know I'm a huge fan of Wilt, and I know he has a role in FusionFall. Exactly how much does this game fit into what is considered "canon"; in other words, IS it a continuation of the "Foster's Universe", with the story of those characters? You see, what's bothering me is this: I've seen several fanfics and fan art pieces on Deviant Art which seem to indicate that Wilt dies in this game, that he's killed off. Is this true, or not, or is it just the angst-ridden minds of the fanfic writers and artists who came up with that?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

It's not canon, of course not. If it were canon all the CN characters wouldn't be in the same universe teleporting real-world kids into said universe, would it?

The reason many people speculate that Wilt and other certain characters die at some point is the following:

The game is set in an alternate universe where Planet Fuse has come along to pretty much wipe us out. When you begin the game, you have been catapulted too far into the future, a future where many characters, such as Wilt, do not appear. Then you go back into the past, where Wilt and those other characters DO appear.

Therefore angsty-types like to speculate that those characters that do not appear in the Future must have died fighting the good fight between now and then.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
It's not canon, of course not. If it were canon all the CN characters wouldn't be in the same universe teleporting real-world kids into said universe, would it?

The reason many people speculate that Wilt and other certain characters die at some point is the following:

The game is set in an alternate universe where Planet Fuse has come along to pretty much wipe us out. When you begin the game, you have been catapulted too far into the future, a future where many characters, such as Wilt, do not appear. Then you go back into the past, where Wilt and those other characters DO appear.

Therefore angsty-types like to speculate that those characters that do not appear in the Future must have died fighting the good fight between now and then.
OK, I think I get it now. You have to remember that I don't play the game, and the whole concept of "multi-verses" within a game, as was explained to me by a die-hard gamer friend of mine, is rather strange. It makes more sense that far, far into the future, if Wilt and the others do not appear, that they'd have just as likely expired from old age(however old that is for IF's)as having died a violent and horrific death "fighting the good fight", as you put it, or that they simply didn't get catapulted into that same future.

pitbulllady
Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

To be honest I don't know at all what happened to any of the characters not in the Future zone, but for Wilt, it is said on his bio on the official FusionFall site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Fall Official Website
Wilt is the kindest and most thoughtful imaginary friend around, and he's always willing to lend someone a hand, even if he only has one to offer! No matter what the situation, Wilt retains his positive outlook on life. Even when a number of Fusion Spawns are able to infiltrate Foster's Home, Wilt remains confidant that he'll be able to get rid of them. He takes it upon himself to rid the house of the Spawns, but he is going to need help to get their numbers under control.
My theory was he eventually tried gaining Foster's back, but failed and possibly died *brick'd* in the process. However, when the "hero" of the game shows up to fix everything an alternate outcome could/probably will emerge.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

To be blunt, no matter what the fans think/want to think, I'm sure the only reason certain characters are missing in the Future is because the Future is the free portion of the game. The Fusionfall people want the players to pay, so it makes sense to put far more characters in the Past. Want to see your favorite characters? Pay up. I mean all in all, the Future is a far smaller version of the game than the Past.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Lol, that's kinda a meanish way of putting it, but it sounds really logical. XD

Even if that's so, there's no harm in coming up with kick-butt back stories.

Last edited by antgirl1; 06-03-2009 at 02:02 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
DaBomb
Newly Abandoned

I think they put some in the past and not the futer is becuase: [I READ] The characters are either DEAD or CAPTURED. Here are some DEAD characters [SAD]:

Juniper Lee,Mac[FOSTERS :[],ALL REST OF fosters CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR OUR BIG FURRY FREIND! Eguirdo [Or wutever] I feel sorry for that. You can go to past and see them!

Only you can save the rain forest.
DaBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:52 AM   #8
Bloo4Ever
Settling In

We Hardly Knew Ye...  

Not to be skeptical, but I can't believe Mac, or anyone else from Foster's (except Gary ) would be vanquished by those disgusting green things!

However, it does make sense why Eduardo is the only one still around.

But still, I need proof! Can you state your source please?

Cheese: I have braces.
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.

Imagination Never Dies...But if it did, the date would be May 3, 2009
Bloo4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #9
DaBomb
Newly Abandoned

I can show you some links.

HERE:

Mac: [READ]

http://fusionfall.wikia.com/wiki/Mac

Big monster: [CANT SPELL HIS NAME][READ]

http://fusionfall.wikia.com/wiki/Eduardo

Juniper lee: [READ]

http://fusionfall.wikia.com/wiki/Juniper_Lee

To see about more go to the sidebar and click on characters. Scroll down and click their name!

Only you can save the rain forest.
DaBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #10
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb View Post
I can show you some links.

HERE:

Mac: [READ]

http://fusionfall.wikia.com/wiki/Mac

Big monster: [CANT SPELL HIS NAME][READ]

http://fusionfall.wikia.com/wiki/Eduardo

Juniper lee: [READ]

http://fusionfall.wikia.com/wiki/Juniper_Lee

To see about more go to the sidebar and click on characters. Scroll down and click their name!
You DO know that Wikia can be edited by ANYONE, don't you, and that Wiki's are NOT official or canon? We've already seen a lot of lies and garbage posted on Wikipedia and on the Foster's Wiki about the show and its episodes, so personally, I don't trust information put there for the most part.

pitbulllady