Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Ricky Fieldmouse
Revived Member

HELLO THERE. I'M DOCTOR RABBIT  

Send a message via MSN to Ricky Fieldmouse
Default Do imaginary friends age?

I'm sure we all notice a change in Bloo's voice during season 2. Which came the question: Do IF's age? All the resources of IF's aging is that one flashback in The Trouble with Scribbles and the photo album in The Big Picture, but it didn't look like If's were aging.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I don't think they do, personally, or at least not that we can see. Bloo's change in voice is.... something probably involving Craig and Co. wanting it to be higher.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It may depend on the IF; perhaps some show signs of aging while others don't. I cannot, however, picture Mr. Herriman as a cute little baby bunny.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Phsyically, no, imaginaries don't age. This is evident from Mr. Herriman explaining to Mac and Bloo about the photos, given they don't change their appearance it's a waste of time to take a photo every year.

But aging as in, still celebrating a 'creation' day happens given the whole Arty incident. Even if it was a hoax, I like to believe the imaginaries to at least celebrate the day they were created. So they'd be a certain number or ages, even if there has been no physical change from when they celebrated their 1st birthday to say.. their 75th birthday.

But aging mentally? That's another issue all together. They obviously learn things as they go through the years. What's right, what's wrong, world around them etc. etc.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #5
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Phsyically, no, imaginaries don't age. This is evident from Mr. Herriman explaining to Mac and Bloo about the photos, given they don't change their appearance it's a waste of time to take a photo every year.

But aging as in, still celebrating a 'creation' day happens given the whole Arty incident. Even if it was a hoax, I like to believe the imaginaries to at least celebrate the day they were created. So they'd be a certain number or ages, even if there has been no physical change from when they celebrated their 1st birthday to say.. their 75th birthday.

But aging mentally? That's another issue all together. They obviously learn things as they go through the years. What's right, what's wrong, world around them etc. etc.
I think that their behavior does indeed change, depending on their environments, their experiences, and of course, their mental capacity to begin with. They might very well age internally, though. Many animals do not exhibit any outward signs of aging, but inside, their parts just eventually "wear out", for lack of a better term. There just comes a time when their bodies' capacity to repair themselves internally is no longer able to keep up with the stresses of life. I think, too, in the case of sentient beings like Imaginary Friends, aging can be very much a state of mind, just as it often is with humans. You've probably heard the old saying, "You're as young as you feel", which can be quite true. My mother died at the age of just 46, from complications of emphasema, but due to her long-term depression, she was an old woman by that time, tired of living. In contrast, my great aunt, who lives across the road from me, is 87, and she's more active than I am, and most of the time, FEELS better than I do! It has a lot to do with attitude and spirit, as much as with time.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

Yeah, I too agree with pbl.
And in my opinion, who knows, mabe it also can depend on if the child imagined the friend to be "physically age-able"? I dunno, I'd kinda want my imaginary friend to grow old with me. But that's me. Speaking of the subject, even if some imaginaries don't appear to physically age, I wonder if they can still go through puberty? You don't have to change on the outside to change on the inside you know.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
Yeah, I too agree with pbl.
And in my opinion, who knows, mabe it also can depend on if the child imagined the friend to be "physically age-able"? I dunno, I'd kinda want my imaginary friend to grow old with me. But that's me. Speaking of the subject, even if some imaginaries don't appear to physically age, I wonder if they can still go through puberty? You don't have to change on the outside to change on the inside you know.
Like aging, it likely varies from IF to IF, and let's be careful with this, okay?

Old 11-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

Oh okay, I just always wondered.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
Thornwhistle
Banned

I see you.  

That makes me wonder. When Mr. Herriman was imagined by Madame Foster as a young girl,was he already an old rabbit?
Thornwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I think so; my theory is that he was created as a substitute for her own father, who was absent for one reason or another.