Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #61
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

Chip And Dale Rescue Rangers
Animaniacs
Tiny Toons
Pinky and the Brain
Rocky and Bullwinkle
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Secret of NIMH
Last Unicorn
Balto
Looney Tunes
Rock and Rule
Cats Don't Dance
Invader ZIM!

There may be others but that's all I can think of currently
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #62
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I'm delighted to see WordGirl brought up so many times! I've quickly fallen in love with that show, too. It's cute, it's funny, and entertaining, even for us older folks.

Among others, I've always loved another PBS animation- Arthur. Been a fan since it's debut in '95 I think it was. I've got to mention Pepper Ann again. And Sabrina the Animated Series. Man I miss those shows. Three's also Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain. I miss them too. There's also PBS's Maya and Miguel, Curious George, and Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, and Angalina Ballerina. Of other CN shows there's Chowder of course, Codename- Kids Next Door, and I enjoyed Teen Titans as well.

Man, all but Arthur, Curious George and WordGirl are hard to come by now days.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #63
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
"I'll also admit that if I go totally insane and get a pet monkey I am soooo calling him 'Captain Huggy Face.'"
And you also know him well as "Bob"?

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #64
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Chowder
South Park
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Space Ghost Coast to Coast (I guess it could count as a cartoon, right?)
Home Movies
Beavis and Butt-Head
Ren and Stimpy
Futurama
Rocko's Modern Life
Flapjack
Simpsons (old eps)

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 05-08-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #65
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Dexter's Laboratory (original, not the "revived" version)
Futurama
Tom and Jerry (originals from 1940 to 1969 or so)
A couple of those late 80's Disney cartoons
Looney Tunes
SpongeBob (yeah yeah, whatever, lol)
South Park (first 7 seasons, ones past that are crap, mostly)
Invader ZIM
Camp Lazlo
The Marvelous Misadvenures of FlapJack
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
and most classic cartoons, really.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 05-06-2009 at 05:23 PM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #66
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Oh yeah, I like Lazlo, too. And another PBS cartoon, Martha Speaks, which is about a dog who ate alphabet soup and "the letters lost their way. They made it to her brain so now she's got a lot to say!" Yeah, I do watch a lot of PBS.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #67
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Oh yeah, I like Lazlo, too. And another PBS cartoon, Martha Speaks, which is about a dog who ate alphabet soup and "the letters lost their way. They made it to her brain so now she's got a lot to say!" Yeah, I do watch a lot of PBS.
Oh my, how whimsical.

Anyway, my favourite cartoons...as a kid, I always liked Garfield and Friends (I'm old enough to remember when that was a brand spankin' new TV show), and it remains one of my favourites today. Sure, there's a fair amount of nostalgia involved in that, but I also believe that the Garfield segments do actually hold up quite well, twenty years on (the US Acres segments, or Orson's Farm, as they were know internationally, don't quite have the same appeal - a little too overtly didactic in their morals, perhaps? - but I still like them). Even better are the Garfield TV specials, most of which I have on DVD (though there are a couple which were never released in Region 2 which I probably should try to import some time). I'm not satisfied with the Garfield toons of today. I didn't really care for the live action movies, and while I do keep thinking that maybe I ought to give the newer CGI animations a chance some time, a part of me can't help but automatically resent the fact that they're done in CGI (does everything nowadays have to be?), and I fear that for as long as Lorenzo Music stays dead, the spirit of the older Garfield toons will always be beyond revival.

Keeping with the comic strip incarnations, I'm also a fan of the Peanuts cartoons (the TV specials which spanned two or three decades, and the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show series from the 80s).

Then there's Roger Rabbit. I love his cartoons (all three of 'em, unless you count the one seen at the start of the movie), along with the character of Jessica Rabbit, who always cameos. It's too bad they stopped making them, after doing so little - I believe that the last one was shown theatrically with the UK release of Toy Story back in 1996. Oh sure, there have been plans for another Roger Rabbit movie ever since the first one was such a big hit back in 1988, but...if it was ever going to happen, I think it would have done so by now, while the original was still relatively fresh on people's minds.

And I will put in some support for Pepper Ann, because I always enjoyed that cartoon. It had a very quirky and likeable sense of humour, and I always found Pepper Ann herself to be a lot more relatable than most other female protagonists - animated or otherwise - of the time (though I'd probably have to describe myself as something of a cross between Nicky and Pepper Ann).

There's probably a heck of a lot more I could mention - including all the really obvious stuff, like Animaniacs, Freakazoid!, Duck Tales, the Raccoons, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and all the old Disney shorts - but I probably should get a move on with my routine in the outside world, so I'll cut it short for now.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-07-2009 at 03:51 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #68
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

Figured I'd add a couple that I forgot and one that I just love that was a recent find...

Futurama
Simpsons
Family Guy
Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
Dark Wing Duck
UP
and the one that I've recently been addicted to,

Capitol Critters...
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #69
happy80schild
Newly Abandoned

How come it's the bad ideas people remember  

Send a message via Yahoo to happy80schild

I think mine are:
Spongebob
Arthur
She-ra Princess of Power (mostly the memory of it as an adult they are not as great)
Jem
Powerpuff Girls
Time Squad
Better condition Driving Miss Crazy
happy80schild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #70
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I've just recently started watching a show that I first didn't take too much notice of back in 2004, but it's now one of my favourites.

The show is called Martin Morning (also known in French as Martin Matin). It's a French animated series about a seven-year-old boy named Martin, who wakes up every morning as something/someone completely different! He could be an alien, Sherlock Holmes, an Indian Chief, a dragon, a 19th Century navel officer, even a caveman! The show deals with whatever he becomes and the situations that he finds himself with, with his friend Gromo, and his girlfriend Roxanne.

It's a kids show, but it doesn't bother me at all, and it also has a catchy theme song too.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote