Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: How do you rate the series finale of Foster's?
A - Foster's went out with a bang! 40 75.47%
B 7 13.21%
C 4 7.55%
D 1 1.89%
F - A bust. 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #51
Corpse13
Newly Abandoned

The chocolate milk lives on..  

The ending couldn't have been more perfect and cute and slightly heart-throbbing towards the last second- in my opinion.
Spoiler Below
Honestly? 'Kay, bye doggies. I actually thought I was going to cry when Cheese gave his little farewell at the very end, because it means I'll never hear him say anymore new, random things.

I sort of doubt they would remove the show completely, but still.. re-runs aren't quite the same.

Just as I had promised myself, I stayed home all day yesterday and watched it until there was nothing left to watch. Of course, I saw the plot coming because it's one of those plots that cartoons always use, but.. it was still so beautiful and truly a great way to bow out of the cartoon-biz.

Spoiler Below
As for the last message in the credits; Craig and Lauren, no need to thank us for our viewership, it was a pleasure to come along with you on this wild ride.
Even if it's over now, I can tell it will leave everyone with so many memories, and just that alone is enough to be proud of. I believe we can all say we'll miss Fosters, but it was amazing while it lasted and I couldn't ask for anything more. For as sure as today I will not be able to stop talking about this finale, FHfIF will be remembered. And even if people try to forget, there will always be a kid shouting "I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!!" to make them remember.
Corpse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #52
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula
Default And so it all comes down to this....

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when
But I'm sure we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through, just the way you used to do
Till the blue skies chase the dark clouds far away..."

(From the song "We'll meet again" Written by Ross Parker and Hughie Charles)

After six seasons worth of episodes, three movie specials, about a dozen or so shorts, two hand held video games, a somewhat popular online game, a few comic book adaptations and countless amounts of merchandise it all boils down to a twenty two minuet thank you card to all the fans of the series, and it could not have ended any better then what we got.

Foster's didn't need to go out with a spectacular earth shattering event, it just had to go out there one more time and do what it always did well and that is just being the most entertaining animated program on television today. And it did and that's the way we like it.

Simple and Beautiful you can't ask for anything more.

A+++

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #53
niagarafeline
Newly Abandoned

"So you finally believed the wolf! How little boy who cried of you."  

Is CN going to play the Final Five again anytime soon?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #54
Creamy
Settling In

Is He Dizzy Yet?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by niagarafeline View Post
Is CN going to play the Final Five again anytime soon?
Probably not , but you can find the first 3 episodes in "Episodes on the Computer" thread. Sparky says shes putting them up for download too soon, so I assumes that means the last 2 as well.

Last edited by Creamy; 05-04-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Creamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #55
CrazyPhil
Settling In

Ride 'em cowboy.  

Well, like everyone else here, I stayed in my room and saw the final five, and while the ending wasn't anything really earth-shattering, it's probably better that way. It was still everything I'd hoped it would be and a wonderful way to end such a wonderful show, because to me Foster's isn't only one of the best cartoon shows ever made, but one of the best shows ever, period. While I am a little depressed that it's over, 6 seasons is plenty for a cartoon show and I feel much better than it ended while it was still good than dragging on and turning to crap like some other shows coughfamilyguycough.

And I too will wait patiently for the rest of the DVDs and hope that CN will eventually show re-runs or another network will pick the show up.

Goodbye, Fosters, and thank you to Crag and Lauren for making such an excellent show for us.
Eduardo: "I like voting."

HIM-Best.Band.Ever.
CrazyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #56
JohnnyRotten
Newly Abandoned

Foster's forever.  

I have to be honest, I was on the verge of crying when "Goodbye to Bloo" was over. It was a good episode, probably one of the higher points for season six. But with this episode, and much like the rest of this season, I just didn't get that "feeling" that I get when I watch the older episodes.

I was really hoping that Craig and Lauren would collaborate on writing this episode. That would've been spectacular. I can't recall who wrote the episode right now, but I believe it might've been Derrick and Tim.

Just a few personal thoughts about some details in the episode...
Spoiler Below
Did anyone else think that Eduardo was giving Paco to Mac in the box that turned out to be onion casserole? I was kind of P.O.'ed that Eduardo wasn't crying over Mac leaving, and it was just the onions.

Cheese living at Foster's? I would've loved to see an epilogue to this episode, and what would've happened.

The image of 'Thanks for watching' that rolled alongside the credits was great...

And it was nice to see some semi-regular characters make appearances in this final episode.

Anyone else hoping for a 10th Anniversary episode, like Craig got for the Powerpuff Girls?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #57
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

What I also liked about the ending was that it was so open-ended; No major characters got adopted, Mac never moved away, etc. Anything that happens after that episode is left to other's imaginations. It's awesome that they ended it like that.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #58
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
What I also liked about the ending was that it was so open-ended; No major characters got adopted, Mac never moved away, etc. Anything that happens after that episode is left to other's imaginations. It's awesome that they ended it like that.
It's almost like they're encouraging us to keep the metaphorical torch lit.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 05-04-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #59
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I agree because if they did do *something* (Mac getting to take Bloo home, or or another kid adopting him, or just Mac moving away, etc), I'm sure I wouldn't have been satisfied with anything. I'm sure the same could be said for a lot of people.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #60
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri Karamazov View Post
What I want is an ending that sparkles with the creativity and cleverness of the rest of the show, but has a certian finality. Something like the last strip of Calvin and Hobbes, where the boy and his stuffed tiger ride off into the sunset, friends forever. That would be sad, but satisfying.
Good call on that, because that is pretty much what we got IMHO.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote