Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

View Poll Results: Which Fosters character got it the worst?
Eduardo in "Land of the Flea" 1 2.50%
Wilt in "Where there's a Wilt, there's a way" 3 7.50%
Frankie in "Imposter's home for Make'em up pals" 15 37.50%
Mac in "I Only have Surprise for you" 13 32.50%
Goo in "Make Believe it or not" 0 0%
Coco in "Cuckoo for Coco cards" 1 2.50%
Mr. Herriman in "World Wide wabbit" 1 2.50%
Blooregard in "Bloo Tube" 3 7.50%
Other, please specify 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow
Default Which Fosters character had it the "worst?"

We all have our least and most favorite episodes on Fosters and one thing I've been noticing is most of the least favorite episodes are episodes that have certain characters getting the crap either verbally, emotionally, or physically kicked out of them. So I was wondering in your guys opinion, who got it the worst?

Do you think someone got a more humiliating or painful episode then the other? And if so why? Bare in mind I tried VERY hard to pick episodes that I felt really gave characters a hard time, and it was VERY hard to pick an episode for Bloo, just wanted to note that.....I also forgot to add him DOH! Sorry if anyone can help me fix adding Bloo to the poll that'd be great.

My choice actually doesn't go to Frankie (shocking isn't it Cass ) but actually it goes to Mac in "I have only Surprise for you". The reason is because unlike with Frankie, Mac actually developed a psychological phobia of his own birthday and to add insult to injury, it it "thanks" to his "best friend" Bloo. Bloo totally ruined Mac's birthday year after year with little cause or care.

I felt the damage done to Mac was inexcusable and utterly unforgivable by Bloo and it made me feel worse seeing the whole house join in on it. As much as I love Frankie and loathed Goofball's jack ass treatment of her, at least she felt better about it in the end where as Mac got no closure in the episode at all, only humiliation. Well that's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 06-13-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

You already know my first choice. And, having finished off Frankie's antagonist once and for all early this morning, I'm done with him.

As for my second choice, it would have to be I Only Have Surprise For You. "Inexcusable and utterly unforgivable" describes Bloo's behaviour perfectly. Some best friend; if I were Mac I would have put him up for adoption right then and there. No one should have to put up with crap like that.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-13-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Out of the options given, I voted for Imposters, since it was the worst out there. I personally think that Frankie had it worse in The Big Cheese, but I realise you were restricted to one episode per character, even though Frankie seems to get a raw deal most often.

My motto about these kinds of episodes is generally: "If you could live through The Big Cheese, you can live through this one."
Old 06-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Out of the options given, I voted for Imposters, since it was the worst out there. I personally think that Frankie had it worse in The Big Cheese, but I realise you were restricted to one episode per character, even though Frankie seems to get a raw deal most often.

My motto about these kinds of episodes is generally: "If you could live through The Big Cheese, you can live through this one."
I regret to admit that I actually had quite a few episodes of Frankie to pick through. She got shafted in "Cheese a go-go", "Blooooo" (but everyone kind of got shafted there), "Store wars", "The Big Cheese". Imposters however easily had the most painful moments for Frankie in one episode.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

To make things more interesting, I'm gonna say Bloo in "Crime after Crime". Everything he tried doing backfired, and he was forced to eat his own weight of "It." Of course he deserved "it", but adding that to the mental torture of having Herriman, of all things, praise and thank him for his misdeeds was too much for poor Bloo.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I think that Frankie had it the worst in "IHFMEMP's", by far. She was subject not only to aggravation, but such intense humiliation, in that episode, and was denied a well-deserved and rare night off to do something she'd been looking forward to for so long, all because of you-know-who. She was made to look like a fool, which we all know she's not, and to make matters worse, two of the people she can usually count on the most to "have her back"-Mac and Wilt-totally ditched HER to go to the concert she so badly wanted to attend, with the individual responsible for her not being able to go in the first place! As much as I myself depend on a job and live literally from paycheck to paycheck, if I'd been in Frankie's position, when Herriman told her she had to stay home and clean while the others went to the concert, I'd have had to tell him to kiss my you-know-what, and went anyway! What's he gonna do, fire her? Fine, let him(IF he can, that is), and that way she can collect unemployment benefits. There's no way she should have had to put up with that. No other resident, Imaginary or otherwise, can get by with what that little dipstick from Canada did, or get such preferential treatment and behave with such insolence, so I don't understand why HE was designated such "royalty".

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

I think Mac had it the worst, though Frankie was pretty close.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I feel Frankie had it worst in "Imposter's". She deserved that night off, and not only did Herriman take it away, she was mocked and made to work harder that night. No one understood the emotional turmoil she was going through, so she felt misunderstood and horribly taken advantage of and used (which she was). And the last straw was when everyone went to the very concert SHE had been so looking forward to without her. I guess I've also kind of been there. It's very depressing and discouraging, and sometimes the most you can do is have a good cry and muster up enough courage and strength to continue on. I really felt for her.

As much as I love Mac, I didn't dislike "I Only have Surprise for You" as much as it seems many others did. Mac is strong, and has a good sense of humor, and although clearly not wanting to be made a fool of again, he has no problem shrugging it off when it does. And I thought Bloo was pretty genius to think all that up himself and get the whole house (minus Ed) to join in, although I agree he definitely needed to be smacked for being so mean. But Mac made it through just fine. It just goes to show that Mac, too, can misconceive things.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
But Mac made it through just fine. It just goes to show that Mac, too, can misconceive things.
Its very hard for me to say this being someone who gets "in deep" into a show so much that I forget or ignore concepts such as "the creators did this for that reason" or whatever. But truth be told, both Mac and Frankie seemed to be misconceived by the episodes, they almost seemed like redundant episodes.

Everything in both of those episodes was made exactly to make us think Goofball and Bloo were doing bad things, and like Frankie and Mac, we had no reason to think it was anything else. The episodes in that right are deceptive and kind of unfair to the characters because they did what anyone would normally do or think and screwed them over.

This is of course my opinion. I also disagree with you saying Mac made it through just fine because in truth, at the end he ended up with egg on his face (or cake in this instance) and he was left humiliated and mocked. Much as it pains me being a die hard Frankie fan, I can honestly sit down and watch "Imposters" but I cannot ever watch "Surprise".

Why you ask? For two reasons:

1. "Imposters" is one of the few Frankie centered episodes so good one or bad one for her, its one of the few times we get to see her take the center stage.

and most importantly

2. Frankie ends up being okay with this.....Mac didn't.

In the end, Frankie was able to bounce back from that UNFORGIVABLE Hell hole that goofy creep put her through. Frankie does all the work and gets all the stress instead of all the thanks, yet even through her most painful moments she still comes back winning with a smile by the end of the episode.

Just like in "Cheese a go-go", at the end she was fine, cleaned up, and felt okay about things, same as in "Imposters". But as for Mac, in the end he didn't end up okay, he was left totally brutalized by Bloo with Mac left as the butt of the joke, unable to feel better about it or come to terms with it.

This is the reason I voted for "Surprise" instead of "Imposters", you guys can disagree with me if you like but that's as clear as I can get for why I felt that episode was horrible and is STILL too horrible for me to watch ever again. The only upside was seeing Mac go commando and Eduardo being clueless as ever. Nothing else for me, at least "Imposters" gave Frankie plenty of air time.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I understand what you're saying. But another thing that makes me think Mac was ok in the end (or at least would be ok), is although he was mocked and humiliated, it all happened in the presence of friends whom he loved and he knew loved him. If he were in the company of strangers, that would be unforgivable and I would see the episode in an entirely different light. I can picture Frankie and Wilt, maybe even Bloo, helping him clean up and finishing off the party with a grand ol' time after the cameras were turned off, so to say.

And another thing, even though "Imposters" ended with everyone somewhat happy, even Frankie, I didn't like the ending of it. I guess I found it too unrealistic. I mean, Goofball thanks her and says "You took real good care of me", is that suppose to make her feel better? Somehow she does, but it wouldn't have helped me. Maybe it's just a personality difference between Frankie and myself, but I would have felt like he was mocking me since for one thing, I would have felt like he was rubbing the guilt in even more after thinking he was a human kid all that time, and for another, he knew he was making my life miserable and then thanks me for letting him do it?? I know it's just my opinion, but Goofball's "niceness" at the end was just mocking, and added more insult to the injury. It just seemed off to me. As for Mac, sure he was incredibly annoyed, and he had every right to be, but like I said, he's strong and has a great sense of humor so I can easily see him getting over it rather quickly and enjoying the rest of the party.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote