Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #21
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how Wilt could even play a keyboard with only one hand, since he'd only be able to play the notes at one end of the scale, the high end, unless the thing was programmed to simultaneously play the correct corresponding notes that he couldn't reach. I'd figure they'd use Wilt as the drummer, sort of an homage to the drummer from Def Leppard, who lost an arm in a car wreck and had a special drum kit built for him that he can play with his foot...but then, if this is going to be a Spinal Tap spoof, I wouldn't wish the gig of drummer for that band on anyone(except Bendy or Goofball)! Those of you who saw the movie will know what I mean, lol!

pitbulllady
Although Wilt would be pretty cool as a drummer, he would still be able to play the keyboard. Earlier this year, I was asked to sing for The Black Country's junior keyboard ensemble at a performing arts gig that was going on the weekend I went to Germany. And while I was stood back stage, waiting to go on I watched the kids playing Radio Ga Ga, and one of the kids was only playing with his right hand. If he knew how to use a keyboard properly, Wilt would probably be able to play pretty effectively, after all, playing a keyboard is basically only using your right hand any way, and you only use your left hand for chords. He'd probably have a little trouble with piano though... But on a keyboard, playing along with a band, it'd be awesome.

Still, Wilt as drummer sounds brilliant, but I think I'd be pretty happy if he was playing a keyboard. I probably wouldn't shut up about the fact that Wilt played the same instrument as me XD

Last edited by Vampyre; 09-01-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

It would be funny if they had a running gag with the role of the drummer constantly switching between minor IF characters for one reason or another...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #23
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I always saw Wilt as a guitarist myself, he could use his other arm to adjust the knobs (not the correct term I'm sure, but my musical verbatim is quite limited).
Old 09-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #24
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
I always saw Wilt as a guitarist myself, he could use his other arm to adjust the knobs (not the correct term I'm sure, but my musical verbatim is quite limited).
Now that you say it, he COULD be one...
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #25
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
You have to be able to hold down the various strings at different points on the neck of the guitar, with different fingers, while strumming or plucking with the fingers on the other hand. Wilt would pluck or strum, but he wouldn't have any control over the duration of notes, and it would sound very flat. Again, now, with modern musical instruments, which have computer chips and whatnot, I guess a guitar could be programmed to automatically adjust the pitch and duration of notes for certain songs, requiring very little skill on the part of the guitarist, but Wilt strikes me as being more of a "purist" who'd appreciate more traditional music where the skill of the musician is important to the sound.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #26
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Ah, I figured there'd be something wrong with that. It happens often when I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. But hey, if you never speak up, you'll never be right at all, so you'll probably be subject to plenty of my "opinions I should just shut up about" in the future. Still, a shame about the guitar thing. I think Wilt would look rockin' with one.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #27
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I just caught a brief preview of this ep on Cartoon Network. they showed the scene where the uhm, BAND(and I use that term loosely)was playing, with all of them wearing those white Vegas-era Elvis jumpsuits with the capes and all the rhinestones(except for Bloo, who was in makeup as Gene Simmons), and Wilt just sorta hitting this one note on the keyboard with his stump of a left arm, while wearing an expression that suggested, to quote Ford Prefect, he could have had more fun in a cat's litterbox. I somehow got the impression that Wilt, Ed, and Coco were not exactly keen on being in Bloo's band.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #28
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

The episode has been available on iTunes for a while now, and having seen it, I have one thing to say... you will NOT be disappointed.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #29
fosters-fan
At Home

Send a message via AIM to fosters-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
The episode has been available on iTunes for a while now, and having seen it, I have one thing to say... you will NOT be disappointed.
You've seen it..... from iTunes? You're kidding, right?

-Eduardo, 'Eddie Monster'
fosters-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #30
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Knowing Bloo, he probably take all the credit for his band.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote