Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
Starsky
Settling In
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!  

Default Cheese A Go-Go

The May 4 episode will be the beginning of the Cartoon Network Invaded plotline thingy:

Friday, May 4, at 7 p.m.: Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends: ?Cheese A Go-Go?
After seeing an alien movie and reading a tabloid about an alien who somewhat resembles Cheese, Bloo becomes convinced that Cheese is a brain sucking alien. Bloo sends out a message to deep space and essentially invites the aliens to Earth.

Here's the news.

Last edited by Starsky; 04-13-2007 at 05:16 AM.
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Talking Three weeks to go...

Woohoo, yeah!! Ladies and gents, we have a synopsis!! Awesome find, Starsky!

Looking at the press release, it seems like they're having a month full of cheese-and-alien-based episodes. It's...an odd concept for a programming season, but I'm not complaining when it includes the Season Five premiere that we've been waiting for for so darn long.

As for the episode itself, it sounds like we're in for a Bloo-Cheese extravaganza. It's an understandable move, I think; the show's been away for five months, so a season premiere centred around two of the series's most popular and attention-grabbing characters is a good way to get people to take notice again. I like the sound of Bloo's role in this one; it just sounds very...Bloo. I'm not the hugest fan of Cheese, all told; he has his moments, but he's a character they need to handle carefully, because if you focus in too much on a dumb character, chances are you'll end up with a dumb show, and that's not what Foster's is. I don't think he's been overused yet, and I don't think that this episode will tip him over the edge either, but so far they've had him in the show once or twice per season, and that's how it should stay.

Anyway, those concerns can wait; for now, I'm just revelling in the fact that I'll be watching a brand new Foster's episode just under three weeks. Happy days!!

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 04-13-2007 at 05:42 AM. Reason: David Soul.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
Voxxyn
Banned

That sounds like it will be a fun episode, and it definitely makes sense to focus on the two most mainstream-popular characters. I hope this will shine through as a legitimate episode with quality writing and characterization, and won't just seem like a hoaky attempt to get big ratings and sell merchandise.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 04-13-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I am honestly not sure I like this idea. I certainly have no objection to storylines involving extraterrestrials per see, but somehow it doesn't feel right for the show.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Question Cheese Phone Home?

Hmmm...actually, I wasn't particularly considering the alien angle to start with, but now that I think about it, I wonder how direct they're actually going to be with the extra-terrestrial content. I mean, I know that the press release seems to suggest that the episode is going to basically feature an alien invasion, but I've started to take their press releases with a bit of salt, because they have a tendency to overplay and misconstrue things at times. I just wonder is the aliens might not turn out to be Imaginary Friends when we see the actual episode, or some other spin on the idea...

Of course, then there's the possibility that the episode will just feature aliens. In that case, that...would be a departure, yes, and a risk. I'm also unsure as to how that would sit with the Foster's universe, but based on the end of Season Four, Good Wilt Hunting, and the positive noises Lauren was making about Season Five, I'm willing to withhold any judgement until I saw the episode in question...
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Y'all realize that this is gonna vindicate Bloo with his "Galactic Warlord" and "zombie" theories, right? Just thought I'd toss that out there...

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
Voxxyn
Banned

It doesn't say it'll be an actual crossover between shows, but a string of new episodes from different shows sharing an "alien invasion" storyline... though it seems that the invasions on the other shows is chronologically linked to the events of the Foster's episode. Though that doesn't necessarily mean we'll see the Foster's characters on the other shows.

Cartoon Network obviously created this 'major event' to spark interest in viewers and expand the popularity of the shows, without any regard to it's plausibility in the Foster's universe. I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't negatively affect the show's quality. I really don't want to see Foster's superb writing and endearing characters dumbed down to fit in with the irritating juvenility and stupidity of CN's current public image.

And I'm wondering: will there be other new Foster's episodes throughout May... or are we only getting one new episode because of the invasion event, meaning that we'll have to wait even more for the rest of the season?
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Personally, I think it sounds like a fun premise and possibly fun episode. The only thing that really makes me skeptical is my own....distaste for Cheese. While I don't despise the character, I think he gets far too much air time already. However, I can say that I have wanted to see more interaction between him and Bloo, and so I'm actually somewhat optimistic about that.

Let's hope my optimism punches out my cynicism on this one.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'd wait and see what the episode brings, before I think of this being a promising episode or a disappointing one. I can say is that it's definitely something different. Anyway, I'd rather see a bit more Cheese than more Goo.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Default To Serve Cheese...

So these aliens are genuine? Naturally, we're used to seeing all sorts of strange and far-out beings in the Foster's universe, but from the outset it might be slightly harder to accept the presence of outlandish creatures who aren't actually IFs (if not put in context with the rest of this CN "alien invasion", I'd probably have assumed that these so-called aliens would actually turn out to be imaginary friends themselves - if not an outright hoax or false alarm - but I suppose they have played that particular card enough times already - Who Let the Dogs In, Land of the Flea, etc - so it would be nice if they had something more surprising up their sleeves).

That said, I have always wanted them to do an episode dealing with some form of the paranormal (the closest they've previously come was with that brief seance segment of Infernal Slumbers), though I would have readily expected their supernatural suspicions to prove groundless, as they did in IS. It's kind of hard to explain why it'll feel so odd, particularly for a TV series in which figments of the imagination are instantly transformed into living, breathing, sentient beings. Perhaps it's something to do with the strong emphasis it places upon imagination in providing escapism from the mundanity and problems of the everyday world - the notion of such anomalies existing independently from that might seem a tad disconcerting. Hmm, maybe that's not it...well, I guess I don't really know.

But, strange or not, I'm all ready to welcome this episode with an open mind and arms. Wonderful to have new Foster's on the way...let the good times roll!

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-13-2007 at 02:06 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote