Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #1131
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
He'd most likely try to convince them to adopt some other, "more deserving" friend out. Remember World Wide Wabbit.
Ah, yeah, that’s a valid point. Still, in the end, you would think somebody would convince him to allow them to adopt him. When the show ends, and it has its series finale, I hope that all the characters get adopted, or get back with their original creators. Wilt’s too nice to not get adopted, though maybe he could be “hired” by Foster’s, or something. It worked for Mr. Herriman, though I understand that he had a special status because he was Madame Foster’s Imaginary Friend.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 09-17-2007 at 12:27 AM.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #1132
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
This question has probably been asked before, and it?s probably a subject of great debate, but why hasn?t Wilt been adopted? I?ve missed a lot of episodes and I?m not really sure if this has ever been addressed. Wilt has been seen by a lot of people, and nobody is freaked out by how he looks, so what?s the deal? With his personality, as ?Good Wilt Hunting? had shown, he?s pretty much one of the best Imaginary Friends that a family could adopt.

Granted, I know the ?real reason? is that he?s a main character and having him get adopted would be a serious problem for the series. However, I wish there was some sort of explanation.
While we've never seen anyone "freak out" by Wilt's appearance, it is apparently a rather frequent occurance, since he himself makes a mention of this in the pilot, when he thought that's why Mac and Bloo were just staring at him. I teach school, and I know how a lot of kids, especially younger kids, are about something that's "broken" or imperfect. They don't want anything to do with it. To them, and probably to some of the parents, too-Wilt is just messed up because he's had an arm amputated and he's got that blind "wonky" eye. Even a lot of adults are uncomfortable around a handicapped person, even if they try to hide it. I guess, too, that Wilt's tendency to put others ahead of himself, and even to put himself down at times, has had something to do with his not being adopted. Perhaps as well, HE has some intuition as to when that perfect kid, that kid who really needs him, not just as a friend, but in that same role of mentor/helper/surrogate father/big brother figure that Jordan created him for in the first place, comes along. Me, personally, I'd rather see Wilt go to live with his creator, or find another way in which he can live at Foster's(he's pretty darn indispensible there, after all) and serve as a friend and role model to many kids. Wilt would be perfect working with an organization like Big Brothers; he could coach after-school basketball programs for at-risk kids, and that way, he wouldn't limit his need to help others to just one kid or one family.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #1133
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
This question has probably been asked before, and it?s probably a subject of great debate, but why hasn?t Wilt been adopted? I?ve missed a lot of episodes and I?m not really sure if this has ever been addressed. Wilt has been seen by a lot of people, and nobody is freaked out by how he looks, so what?s the deal? With his personality, as ?Good Wilt Hunting? had shown, he?s pretty much one of the best Imaginary Friends that a family could adopt.

Granted, I know the ?real reason? is that he?s a main character and having him get adopted would be a serious problem for the series. However, I wish there was some sort of explanation.
I'm not sure if this counts, but he was once adopted by Mac's principle, but too bad he was brought back in the end. He seemed so happy to be a flagpole...XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #1134
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
I'm not sure if this counts, but he was once adopted by Mac's principle, but too bad he was brought back in the end. He seemed so happy to be a flagpole...XD
Wilt would act "happy" if he had to be a kennel cleaner at Michael Vick's place, but whether or not he actually IS happy is another situation. We know that he's certainly appeared happy since the beginning of the series, but that all this time he's been "bottling up" a lot of pain and anguish, until he just couldn't deal with it any longer, thus his trek to confront his former opponent in the movie. He was not actually "adopted" in "Emancipation Complication" by the Principal; he was SOLD, like a slave, by Lil' Lincoln, who planned to use the profits he made by selling the Imaginary Friends to turn Foster's into a cassino. I don't count the actions of Lil' Lincoln to be "adoptions" at all, because of that. Many of the IF's, like Eduardo, were sold to families who mistreated them, without any consent on the part of the IF. Wilt himself was being used, in every sense of the word, as an inanimate object, for a laugh, and he was not part of a family or actually helping anyone, just filling in for something that the school was apparently too cheap to buy(sounds awfully familiar).

pitbulllady
Old 10-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #1135
Kootiebirdo
Settling In

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti!  

For such a generous kinda guy who wishes to be adopted by a loving family, he truly deserves better than the way he was treated in that episode.
Kootiebirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #1136
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

You know what Wilt also deserves? More screen time. Not a second of screen time in a whole episode. Do I need to explain?

Last edited by antgirl1; 10-06-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #1137
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
You know what Wilt also deserves? More screen time. Not a second of screen time in a whole episode. Do I need to explain?
Nope. I wish he got more screen time too. I haven't really seen much of him since "The Buck Swaps Here". Well, and then "Bloo Superdude" but he wasn't really "himself" in that. I miss seeing Wilts optomism and cheeriness, and being more of a parental figure to everyone else. But really all they've shown lately is his great smile, and saying a word or two. I miss you, Wilt buddy!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #1138
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Nope. I wish he got more screen time too. I haven't really seen much of him since "The Buck Swaps Here". Well, and then "Bloo Superdude" but he wasn't really "himself" in that. I miss seeing Wilts optomism and cheeriness, and being more of a parental figure to everyone else. But really all they've shown lately is his great smile, and saying a word or two. I miss you, Wilt buddy!
Antgirl, Vampyre and myself have been discussing this very topic on DA. Wilt has really not had a major role at all in Season Five, and in fact, he's been AWOL in many episodes, or he's only glimpses for a millisecond, in the background somewhere. It's starting to really bug me, since it seems like he's being written off the show, more or less. While I know that there are some folks who'd love to see that happen, Wilt is one of the most popular characters on Foster's. Anywhere I've seen a favorite character poll, he and Bloo are usually tied, or very close, for the top spot, and if being the subject of fan art and fan fiction is an indicator, Wilt is probably THE most popular. It would seem that in spite of the network's insistence that little kids are the "core" audience of this show, and that little kids want to see more of Bloo, Bloo, Bloo, getting rid of a character as popular as Wilt would prove detrimental in the long run. I believe, though, that before GWH ever aired, there was some thread in which I expressed concern that after that movie, Wilt would either be pushed aside as a character and more or less become one of the lesser, background characters that we just occasionally see or hear, or he'd be written off the show entirely.

He was in "Cheese A Go-Go", though he clearly wasn't himself, and wore this woe-be-gone expression the whole time(and I DON'T think it was because he struck out as a defense attourney, either) and barely spoke. He didn't have many lines in "The Buck Swaps Here", and got treated like dirt. He was in "Something Old, Something Bloo", but really didn't have a major role there, either. He has a pretty good line in "Bloo Superdude and the Potato of Power", but, as has been pointed out, you couldn't even see all of his face since he appears only via Bloo's story, and naturally Bloo is going to be the central figure there. He had a pretty decent role in "Schlock Star", but we only glimpse his legs in "Bride To Beat", and he's not in "Affair Weather Friends" at all, and then there's that token glimpse in "Ticket To Rod". Coco isn't doing much better, though Eduardo has had several moments to shine in Season Five, since I more or less consider both "Cheese A Go-Go" and "The Buck Swaps Here" to be Eduardo-centered, and he's also supposed to be the main character in the upcoming "Better Off Dead". It's like someone just thought, "Hmmmm...Wilt got his own movie, so everyone is tired of him now, so we can put him on a shelf and more or less forget about him." I guess it waits to be seen how much we see of Wilt in the Halloween episode, but since it really seems to be yet-another Bloo-centered episode, I don't have my hopes up.

I'm really, really starting to miss that smile and that familiar squeak of Converse sneakers, too. What I'm REALLY missing, though, is that old chemistry, that group dynamic, if you will, between Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mac, Bloo and yes, Frankie. We haven't really seen them all together as a team not once this season, have we, except for the ending of "Schlock Star"? It seems that rather than cooperating and having little adventures together, they're always splintered into smaller groups and competing against one another, like in "Schlock Star", where we only briefly saw Wilt, Ed, Coco and Bloo together before Bloo "fired" the others and decided to go solo. They only came back together right there at the end, to perform Pizza Party's song, but mostly we've only seen glimpses of one or the other, and then Mac and Bloo. Yeah, it's nice to see Mac and Bloo together as best friends, but let's not forget that this is "Foster's Home For Imaginary FriendS", not the "Mac and Bloo Show", or just "The Bloo Show".

Sorry, but I had to get that out, if that's OK.

pitbulllady
Old 10-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #1139
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
"Hmmmm...Wilt got his own movie, so everyone is tired of him now, so we can put him on a shelf and more or less forget about him."
That makes me very sad, and wanting me to take him off that lonely, possibly dusty shelf where the other things that are there, like Wilt, seem to have been forgotten as well.

...Gosh, he might hack up a storm up there, with all that dust!

Last edited by antgirl1; 10-07-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #1140
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I wish I could argue. I wish I could say it's not really been that bad. I WISH I could. But it HAS been that bad. Be aware that you guys aren't alone in wishing for more ensemble episodes, and more Coco and more of WILT to be seen. I keep telling myself that they're waiting 'till the end of the season to show the REALLY good episodes, and that Wilt has a big part coming soon.

Uh.....sorry bout all the caps.

Last edited by Ub3rD4n; 10-07-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Ub3rD4n is offline   Reply With Quote