Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #2021
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Default What will you dream, Little Nemo

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989/1992)

I found out recently about this unknown animated film thanks to The Nostalgia Critic, and I have to admit, it's not bad. I mean, there's some major problems with the story, and the opening scene is the most random (kinda like saying 'Every time I say the word 'elephant', the Burger King will appear!'), but the animation is astounding, two of the songs are beautiful (no big surprise as the songs in this film were written by the Sherman Brothers), and Princess Camille is definitely a real cutie. The best moments from this movie for me are
Spoiler Below
Camille punching Flip (trust me, he truly deserved that! ), and the end when Camille and Nemo share a kiss before he wakes up.

Overall, it's not one of the best animated films, but it's nowhere near awful or terrible. It's just an okay film, with great animation.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 01-20-2014 at 05:57 PM.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #2022
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Mega Piranha (2010)

Genetically altered fish escape from lab in Venezuela and make their way North to Florida, surviving bullets, bombs, missiles, and a 20 kiloton nuke along the way. American Special Agent and a lady scientist do everything in their power to stop them. Fish grow bigger every hour and are whale-sized by the time they reach Florida. After escaping from Venezuelan captors, Special Agent comes up with a plan to kill the fish with Navy Seals armed with high-powered underwater rifles. At the end of the movie, Special Agent and lady scientist make out. A 2010 Syfy Channel (who else?) movie, produced by the Asylum, the same people responsible for bringing to us such cinematic classics as Mega Python vs. Gatoroid, Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus, and the unforgettable Sharknado. Stars Tiffany as Sarah Monroe the lady scientist, Paul Logan as Special Agent Jason Fitch, and Barry Williams as Secretary of State Bob Grady.

Overall, I'd say it was entertaining, as long as you don't expect a coherent storyline or anything resembling scientific accuracy or plausibility. Enjoyable, yes, but by the stars this is one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen. My thanks to Walgreens for only charging me $2.00 for the DVD.

Still better than Twilight, by the way.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #2023
Macfan123
The local sugar demon & Mac fan

Pour some sugar on Mac  

Muppets Most Wanted 2 times.

Macfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #2024
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Mega Piranha (2010)

Genetically altered fish escape from lab in Venezuela and make their way North to Florida, surviving bullets, bombs, missiles, and a 20 kiloton nuke along the way. American Special Agent and a lady scientist do everything in their power to stop them. Fish grow bigger every hour and are whale-sized by the time they reach Florida. After escaping from Venezuelan captors, Special Agent comes up with a plan to kill the fish with Navy Seals armed with high-powered underwater rifles. At the end of the movie, Special Agent and lady scientist make out. A 2010 Syfy Channel (who else?) movie, produced by the Asylum, the same people responsible for bringing to us such cinematic classics as Mega Python vs. Gatoroid, Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus, and the unforgettable Sharknado. Stars Tiffany as Sarah Monroe the lady scientist, Paul Logan as Special Agent Jason Fitch, and Barry Williams as Secretary of State Bob Grady.

Overall, I'd say it was entertaining, as long as you don't expect a coherent storyline or anything resembling scientific accuracy or plausibility. Enjoyable, yes, but by the stars this is one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen. My thanks to Walgreens for only charging me $2.00 for the DVD.

Still better than Twilight, by the way.
Then I will ban this movie!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #2025
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Post Everything is AWESOME!!!

The LEGO Movie (2014)

At long last, I have FINALLY seen this hysterical and amazing movie. I was lucky enough to attend an advance screening of this movie (I'm currently in hospital, so I should be so lucky) and if you haven't seen this movie yet, I suggest you stop reading this and go see it. The voice acting is hysterical (who would've thought Liam Neeson would be hysterical) and the animation (done by Animal Logic, the same studio that did Happy Feet) is astounding! The story is basically a prophecy story, but it has so much smart writing and great humour (considering that this is the same directors that did Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street, that's not surprising), you'll be willing to stay on this fantastic ride. Oh, and good luck trying to get that song out of your head. VERY highly recommended!!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #2026
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Brave (2012)

Rousing Celtic adventure in medieval Scotland. Headstrong princess Merida doesn't want to marry any of her dork suitors, argues with her mother about it, runs away, and inadvertently plunges the realm into chaos. Plenty of action, humor, and heart, with a little magic, likable characters and a good storyline, which you pretty much expect from Pixar.

Rated PG; Runtime = 1 hour 33 minutes.

In other movie news:

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/sony-p...160136471.html

Oh, joy.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #2027
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Immortals (2011)

Watched this one at Howard's place last night. Big-budget action and adventure in ancient Greece. Mad King Hyperion seeks the Epirus Bow, which has the power to release the Titans from their inprisonment in Mount Tartarus, and it's up to mortal hero Theseus to stop him. The movie has a larger-than-life, epic feel to it, with some fairly bloody battle scenes, more than a few acts of barbarity by Hyperion and his henchmen, and appearances by the Greek gods dressed in golden armor. This is the best mythology-based movie I've seen in a long time. Stars Mickey Rourke as Hyperion, Henry Cavill as Theseus, and Frieda Pinto as the oracle Phaedra. The movie doesn't follow the plot of any specific Greek myth that I recall but given it's entertainment value I'm willing to ignore that small detail.

Rated R; Runtime = 1 hour 50 minutes.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #2028
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Godzilla (2014)

I rarely see movies in an actual movie theater anymore but sometimes you gotta say the heck with waiting for the DVD, you want to see the movie on the big screen, and you want to see it NOW. That was the case last Friday when Howard and I saw the newest Godzilla movie. The plot? Mankind inadvertently awakens a gigantic insect-like thing from ancient times, which goes hunting for sources of radiation for food. It also calls out to and awakens it's mate. Both tear up a lot of real estate while seeking food and each other. Godzilla, sleeping on the seafloor, hears them calling to each other and awakens to hunt them down. There's a lot of destruction but we don't get to see the ancient monsters fighting as much as you might expect. Godzilla himself is bigger than ever, although his neck seems to be shorter than it used to be. He got two rounds of applause from the audience during the film, the first when he first uses his breath weapon, the second after his inevitable triumph over the other monsters (which also involved his breath weapon). The movie ends with the big guy swimming out to sea, presumably to wait for a sequel other monsters to reappear. Good movie overall, with a grittier, darker feel than most Godzilla movies. A little light on the action, perhaps, but there's enough to keep the movie going, and towards the end a nuke goes off. Can't have giant monsters roaming around without at least one attempt to nuke 'em, y'know.

Rated PG-13; Runtime = 2 hours, 3 minutes.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #2029
Howard
Desert Rat

I believe in Babo!  

Quote:
Godzilla (2014)

I rarely see movies in an actual movie theater anymore but sometimes you gotta say the heck with waiting for the DVD, you want to see the movie on the big screen, and you want to see it NOW. That was the case last Friday when Howard and I saw the newest Godzilla movie. The plot? Mankind inadvertently awakens a gigantic insect-like thing from ancient times, which goes hunting for sources of radiation for food. It also calls out to and awakens it's mate. Both tear up a lot of real estate while seeking food and each other. Godzilla, sleeping on the seafloor, hears them calling to each other and awakens to hunt them down. There's a lot of destruction but we don't get to see the ancient monsters fighting as much as you might expect. Godzilla himself is bigger than ever, although his neck seems to be shorter than it used to be. He got two rounds of applause from the audience during the film, the first when he first uses his breath weapon, the second after his inevitable triumph over the other monsters (which also involved his breath weapon). The movie ends with the big guy swimming out to sea, presumably to wait for a sequel other monsters to reappear. Good movie overall, with a grittier, darker feel than most Godzilla movies. A little light on the action, perhaps, but there's enough to keep the movie going, and towards the end a nuke goes off. Can't have giant monsters roaming around without at least one attempt to nuke 'em, y'know.

Rated PG-13; Runtime = 2 hours, 3 minutes.
This movie is a must see! If you like battle action - this is it. I cannot say anymore than Cass. We saw it together last Friday, and my eyes were glued to the screen.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #2030
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Brave (2012)

Rousing Celtic adventure in medieval Scotland. Headstrong princess Merida doesn't want to marry any of her dork suitors, argues with her mother about it, runs away, and inadvertently plunges the realm into chaos. Plenty of action, humor, and heart, with a little magic, likable characters and a good storyline, which you pretty much expect from Pixar.

Rated PG; Runtime = 1 hour 33 minutes.
Of all the Disney movies ever made, this is one of only four I haven't seen yet. And the only one I really, REALLY want to see! I don't remember why I never saw it at the theatre. I was probably too poor. I own Frozen already, but I have yet to see Brave. There's something wrong with this.

As for the last movie I saw, it was Virgin Queen, about Elizabeth I. I love the history!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote