Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Other Fan Creations

Notices

Other Fan Creations Post and discuss any and all other Foster's-related fan creations here.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace
Default Fosters - Sleepover

Hey guys, if you've been on here since last December when I joined (or look at old threads) you know I was working on a Fosters online game, a pet site/adventure game crossover. Well I have long since scraped the idea of making a site (after finding PHP is WAAAAY over my head) and for awhile now It's become an idea to make a PC adventure game.

Well now that I finally have the full version of Adventure Maker I can get the ball rolling! But I thought this would be an awesome community project, so maybe you guys would like to help out!

The games story is that Mac is over at Fosters for a sleepover, and something happens that causes a grand adventure with many Fosters characters (main and stock) puzzles, quests and some good old comedy. As you can see theres lots of wiggle room there!

===

Pretty much every position on the game can be filled. (except programmer, I'd much rather work alone on this, and you'd need to have the full version of the program I'm using to help anyway and it's $70.00 USD)
Here are the jobs we need help with:

Sprite artist - We're going for a classic look, here you don't need some omg amazing program to make them. MS Paint is good for this XD For this job we'll need walking sprites of Mac (he's the playable character) walking left, right, up, down and standing poses of left and right. (I can ref you to a walk cycle tutorials if you need one!) and other chars in standing poses. The save the files as high quality BMPs with a bg colour that is not used in the sprites. I'll edit them and save them as super high quality GIF's. The GIF's are not animated, the program will do this it's self.

Story Writers - Write the road stops, and the basic idea of the game.

Dialog Writers - Write conversations in the game. This is prob one of the hardest jobs. If you've played a adventure game you know that there is almost a limitless amount of dialog characters can talk about. You will need to know the characters VERY well for this. Although you could be assigned to one character, we'll see how this one goes.

Puzzle Writes - The people who write the puzzles, combining items, getting things for NPC's, this is the stuff that moves the plot forward. And please, not just "Find the key to open the door!" Thats lame ._.

Other? - If I am unable to make all the BG's for the game myself that could be a job. Other things are open too such as beta testers

===

FAQ (will edit as more are asked):

Q. Are you making money off this, will I be paid for helping?
A. No, this is all love for this fandom, I don't have extra cash to pay you and CN would slap us with a serious legal pwn if we tired to sell it. It's freeware =D

Q. CAN I HELP =DDD
A. Yep, the more the merrier! All I need form you is a bit of dedication (BTW, real life > game, I understand this)
your e-mail (or if you don't want to give me that, I'd like to know if you have e-mail alerts on for messages sent on this forum. If you do I'll PM you here instead)
and your AIM SN (if you can't d/l AIM on your computer there is a java version of it that you can use just to connect to the network and be in that chats we'll have to talk about the game)

Q. Chats?
A. Well, we'll all need to get together to talk about whats happening with the game right? Chat's will happen at whatever time is best for everybody. If you can't make it to one it's ok, I log everything on AIM so you can read the transcript latter on.

Q. Deadline?
A. No, were free to take whatever it takes to make a good game

===

So, thats all I can think of right now! I hope you guys like the idea and can maybe help out a bit. Thankz for readin' guys
Old 10-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

Oh cool! I would love to help write! That would be awesome!

I like this idea. :]
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

Wow! This would be COOLIO! I wish I could help, but I'm afraid I just don't have THAT much free time on my hands. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroace View Post
And CN would slap us with a serious legal pwn.
By the way, this is a hilarious quote and I'm 'onna put it in my sig. :D
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
Oh cool! I would love to help write! That would be awesome!

I like this idea. :]
Great! I'll put you on My AIM list and talk to ya soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
By the way, this is a hilarious quote and I'm 'onna put it in my sig. :D
XD awesome =3
Old 10-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
Subzeroace

Here's a preview of two of the rooms!

http://subzeroace.freepgs.com/SubZfi...me/bedroom.jpg
http://subzeroace.freepgs.com/SubZfi...ankiesroom.jpg
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

I wouldn't mind helping with the whole story, puzzle and dialogs....

That's probabally the only good things I'll be good at.

I mean, I like writting the best, especially if I can share the ideas with everyone else.

As long as Berry gets to be in the game though
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Subzeroace

Excellent ^^ And I'm sure we'll have a spot for Berry! Probably some sort of thing where to get her to do a favor for you you have to get Bloo to go on a date with her XD but when you (reluctantly) ask Bloo he goes into his normal "Who's Berry....?" stuff.

On the progress front I'm made the Mac walking sprites and programed the rooms I showed you guys the other days with the walking area and basic things you can look at. (Items will be added latter once we have a nice story)

Oh BTW, when you guys who are helping out get on AIM next my SN is PsychoSubZ, feel free to add me and say hello! You can meet my PIC Sam that way too >> (I've asked her to join here but she hasn't not much of a forum person) I have some lovely new plot ideas that I'd like to throw around too
Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

I have a LOT of free time... I could help with dialogue. I'm quite good at keeping characters in character. I guess the characters I'm most familiar with are Goo, Mac, Bloo, Frankie, Herriman and Eduardo. I can also take a crack at some sprite art (I'm an illustrator, but never worked with pixels) and vector art for backgrounds... anyways, you tell me what to do

I only have msn, though, which is also my email: hateiscool@gmail.com

[edit]

Some vector arts I've done (just for refference):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Zeitgheist.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ible_terra.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...on_by_Zeit.jpg

Last edited by Zeitgheist; 10-31-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
I have a LOT of free time... I could help with dialogue. I'm quite good at keeping characters in character. I guess the characters I'm most familiar with are Goo, Mac, Bloo, Frankie, Herriman and Eduardo. I can also take a crack at some sprite art (I'm an illustrator, but never worked with pixels) and vector art for backgrounds... anyways, you tell me what to do

I only have msn, though, which is also my email: hateiscool@gmail.com

[edit]

Some vector arts I've done (just for refference):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Zeitgheist.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ible_terra.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...on_by_Zeit.jpg
Oh my ._. those are awesome! Sure you can help out ^^
Just so ya know; BG files are 640px by 480px you can make the pictures bigger just make sure they are that size when you send them to me. And I'd prefer high quality JPG's (the program won't use PNG's x.x)

I still only have Frankie and the Bloo/Wilt/Eduardo/Coco's room done, so any room shown alot in the show is where you can start =) I'm thinking the foyer, the laundry room, kitchen, dining room, Mr Herriman's office, the game room or the room with all the clocks, would be the way to go. Of course we'll need a hallway or two.. We just have to make sure there are the right amount of doors to go to the rooms.

Sprites... mmmm... You know if you wanted to you could go the vector route if you wanted as well... You'd need to re-draw the walk cycle for Mac though.

Anyway, ether reply to this/PM or e-mail ( tehsubz [AT] subzeroace [DOT] com ) back on this, then we can get talking more about the game ^^
Old 12-26-2016, 03:58 AM   #10
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

And look where the idea led.