Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #21
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3353-h4xx0rrrr View Post
PBL, Mac's mum never said "Throw him out on the street," but she told Mac to get *rid* of him. That could mean a lot of things. "Give him to the neighbor kids. Take him to the dog shelter. Just get him out of this house."

Gotta comment. Now, I guess this might just be me, but I wouldn't let my eight year old (and no shouts of "but he's SOOOO mature!") give away a HAMSTER. *I*, the PARENT, would go online or something, hit a hamster forum maybe, and find either a rescue or someone to adopt it. I'd put even *more* effort into finding a home for a being who can talk and think like a human being. It strikes me as massively irresponsible to expect a child to find a good home for an imaginary friend, let alone to expect him to do it in 24 hours. (And if she didn't actually expect him to do it in 24 hours, I have to wonder if she was surprised when Bloo was gone so quickly. Think she asked Mac where he took Bloo? *I* don't.) Reminds me of the episode of Animal Cops or one of those shows where a woman went to JAIL for allowing her 13-year-old to let his dog starve to death chained to the fence in order to teach the KID to be responsible. SHE went to jail, not him.

I am not a parent, and I doubt I ever will be, but I think its pretty obvious that Bloo's mere presence at home was not the problem - and in fact Bloo's sudden removal without ANY other sort of intervention was WORSE than just leaving him there and ignoring the whole situation. I do not blame Terrence 100% for all the problems between him and Mac and Bloo (unlike a lot of people who would like to believe its all his fault), but I do know that taking Bloo away from Mac was NOT the right thing to do. Arguments about the fact that if it didn't happen the show wouldn't exist aside, of course.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #22
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

There is no doubt in my mind that Mom's decision to make Mac get rid of Bloo made things worse than before. There's no doubt that she works hard at her job, but as a parent, I don't believe that she's doing a very good job. I agree that it's not Terrence's fault for the conflict with Mac and Bloo. Bloo isn't just a thing, he's real to Mac. He's basically an addition to the household. You don't just get rid of anyone like that.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #23
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
What are you're opinions on her. I've heard very many people say she is a cruel, vicious, evil witch thing... okay maybe not the witch part though. I personally think that she just didn't understand the concept about Bloo, and how he was basically real too, and other kids Mac's age still had imaginary friends. As a matter of a fact, I bet if Mac told his mom that other kids his age still had imaginary friends than she would not really mind. I just think that she isn't very supportive of Mac (and maybe of Terrance too) Is because she works a lot, like Wilt said.

P.S. Please don't hate me for not saying cruel things about Mac's mom...
I'm repeating myself from the previous board, but...don't like her, and never will.
I don't HATE her, I used to...sometimes I tend to jump ahead and judge people, but then I get to see the character development as the show progresses and I learn said character isn't so bad. Mac's mom isn't all that bad, she's just painfully naive about children and Imaginaries, and about when the "proper" time is to seperate them. I mean, is there ever a truly "proper" time? If there was, it should be a decision that both the creator AND Imaginary Friend can agree on, and if they seperate, it would be a mutual understanding, not being wrenched apart with tears and sadness....such as in Mac's case. That is what made me feel very badly towards Mac's mom...she hurt her son so deeply and didn't even realize it, because she's PAINFULLY NAIVE.

But well, giving her the benefit of the doubt.....she at least sticks up for Mac and deals out the punishments to Terrence. (Ala the sleepover ep.) Well okay, maybe Terrence didn't deserve it that time...but whatever, my point is stated. lol

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:41 AM   #24
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
But well, giving her the benefit of the doubt.....she at least sticks up for Mac and deals out the punishments to Terrence. (Ala the sleepover ep.) Well okay, maybe Terrence didn't deserve it that time...but whatever, my point is stated. lol
Well, how many times has Terrance done something to Mac and gotten away with it scott free. Maybe it's justice coming in a different form. But still, how could someone like Terrance make a hole in the ceiling by himself. (If they were on the top floor, they could blame it on a plane flying overhead! ).

Up until Infernal Slumber, (which I still have to see in its entirety), I was under the impression that Mac's mom knew about Foster's. I also thought it would be interesting if they invited Mac and his mom, (not sure about Terrance) to Foster's for dinner. I could imagine that prior to dinner, Mac would be meeting his mom there, and would be fretting the small stuff, worried if something went wrong at dinner, that he won't be allowed to come back.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #25
Sims Katie
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_Phone_guy View Post
Up until Infernal Slumber, (which I still have to see in its entirety), I was under the impression that Mac's mom knew about Foster's.
As was I. It was a surprise to learn that Mac was keeping it a secret for her. It also brings up a lot of questions, like why she hasn't noticed, and how he's been getting away with it.

Sprinkle sprinkle little bar
What I wonder is a cat... keeshh
Sims Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #26
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

It's certainly possible she does know, But then again, he goes home earlier than she does most of the time anyway.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:31 PM   #27
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I tend to think that perhaps Mac's mom DOES know about his visits to Foster's, but isn't letting on that she knows, but is instead hoping he'll just "outgrow" Bloo eventually and stop visiting him. As long as his visits are not causing more problems, like causing Mac's grades to slip or something, she probably won't say anything.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #28
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I tend to think that perhaps Mac's mom DOES know about his visits to Foster's, but isn't letting on that she knows, but is instead hoping he'll just "outgrow" Bloo eventually and stop visiting him. As long as his visits are not causing more problems, like causing Mac's grades to slip or something, she probably won't say anything.

pitbulllady
Then again, maybe she really doesn't pay attention to what's been going on with Mac. I shudder the thought of Mac outgrowing Bloo.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #29
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

hopefully they won't ruin the joke and show her face one of these days.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #30
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

On the older forum, someone posted that Perhaps Mac's teacher might mention to Mac's mom about how Mac brought Bloo to show-and-tell once. And Mac's classmates may ask "How's Bloo?"

One idea I have is that if Mac's teacher did mention to Mac's mom about Mac bringing Bloo to show-and-tell, Mac's mom might assume that Mac did that just before she told him to get rid of Bloo. Likewise if Mac's classmates asked Mac "how's Bloo" if she was around, she might assume that they don't know that Mac doesn't have Bloo as far as she knows.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote