Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #2281
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

People who drive like morons and then look at everybody else like they're the morons makes me want to take hostages.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #2282
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Teacher bullies student, gets caught on student's cell video:

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/tea...224600400.html

I say fire his sorry @$$.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #2283
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

When you ask people not to move your things.. and then they do it anyway. @_@;
Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #2284
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

There's no hot water in the shower.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #2285
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Wondercon is this weekend, but I can't go anymore because they moved it from the Bay Area to Anaheim. Lauren (and perhaps Craig) will be there and everything. I never get to see them anymore.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #2286
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

My hate for Carls Jr commercials led me to a wonderful site, commercialsihate.com. I immediately registered.

I don't get the argument some people make when you complain about commercials, saying "if you don't like it don't watch it/turn it off". Its a COMMERCIAL, not a 2 hour movie. What are you supposed to do, turn the set off, sit there and count to 30, and then flip it back on?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #2287
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

Default Baby laughing - love or hate?

Speaking of commercials, this one made me change the channel whenever it aired.

Babies are cute, and at first I thought it was funny, but it got annoying fast, as it was aired about twice daily. I feel either you love it or hate it.

By the way, I'm in Brazil now. The point of the commercial is to help this bank save money if you switch to paperless statements. There was even a "the making of" where I found out the baby is from an English-speaking family, most likely American.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #2288
Sparky

I was just the victim of check fraud. Last month I decided to be nice when a couple guys came around claiming to be selling books and magazines and I cut them a 7 dollar check for a magazine that was supposed to be donated to a children's hospital. But I felt weird about it and looked up the company name and found that they alter checks. I put a stop on the check but they did in fact alter it so the stop didn't work because in order to stop a check you have to know the amount it was written for, and the bank thought it was written for 70 because that's what the company altered it to say. It should be all taken care of now, but what a pain in the butt.

Replying to tell me know dumb I was or how you already knew about that scam would make you a jerk, by the way.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #2289
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
My hate for Carls Jr commercials led me to a wonderful site, commercialsihate.com. I immediately registered.

I don't get the argument some people make when you complain about commercials, saying "if you don't like it don't watch it/turn it off". Its a COMMERCIAL, not a 2 hour movie. What are you supposed to do, turn the set off, sit there and count to 30, and then flip it back on?
I think I'd better not tell you where I got the best burger I've ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I was just the victim of check fraud. Last month I decided to be nice when a couple guys came around claiming to be selling books and magazines and I cut them a 7 dollar check for a magazine that was supposed to be donated to a children's hospital. But I felt weird about it and looked up the company name and found that they alter checks. I put a stop on the check but they did in fact alter it so the stop didn't work because in order to stop a check you have to know the amount it was written for, and the bank thought it was written for 70 because that's what the company altered it to say. It should be all taken care of now, but what a pain in the butt.

Replying to tell me know dumb I was or how you already knew about that scam would make you a jerk, by the way.
It's amazing how low people will sink to get money. I don't think the penalties for this kind of crap are stiff enough.

And, speaking of low ways to make money, look what one town in New Jersey is now doing:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Yep, an $85.00 fine for texting while walking. All in the name of "safety", of course. Yeah, right.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-13-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #2290
Sparky

Oh no, I EAT at Carl's, all the time, I just abhor their over-sexed ads.