Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #1881
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Having found a decent apartment, well, Reality took my happiness as a personal affront like it always does and retaliated by attacking my other computer. Specifically, I'm getting an "NTLDR is missing" error and the damn thing refuses to boot. The Windows XP disc has gone missing, courtesy of the recent visit from the electricians, so unless I can find it there's nothing I can do. Serves me right for trying to get a little happiness out of life.
Bleh.

That just sucks.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #1882
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I've got to mention customers at my work again. My expectant co-worker is clearly showing now, and yet some lazy people still expect it to be her job to lift 40 and 50 pound bags of dog food or cat litter. She still tries to do it, but I'm so afraid she's going to hurt herself. So if I'm nearby I'll do any lifting for her, after which I usually give a dirty look to the customer. One lady today criticized her for sitting down on a stool because it's harder to see her behind the register. She's sweet tempered and let the comment roll off her shoulders, and I kept quiet but I felt like telling the lady "Mind your own beezwax, she's pregnant you idiot!"
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #1883
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

One time when I was working at a crafts store I had sliced my hand open and was actually trailing blood on the floor on my way to the back office for first aid and an old lady made me help her pick out some floral picks. Some people honestly baffle me.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #1884
L.G.
Melvineer

Plenty since the start of this week.

- The...intruder alarm for my new dorm goes off so often (because the doors don't close completely when people enter or exit), it's driving me nuts...and my bedroom is close to the main entrance.
- I thought my truck's driver side door was frozen shut again when a simple pull on the door handle didn't open the door (but a stronger pull did the trick thankfully)
- Snow and ice on the road is getting old...fast...especially with only RWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Having found a decent apartment, well, Reality took my happiness as a personal affront like it always does and retaliated by attacking my other computer. Specifically, I'm getting an "NTLDR is missing" error and the damn thing refuses to boot. The Windows XP disc has gone missing, courtesy of the recent visit from the electricians, so unless I can find it there's nothing I can do. Serves me right for trying to get a little happiness out of life.
Nonsense. It's not too much to ask for something to go right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I've got to mention customers at my work again. My expectant co-worker is clearly showing now, and yet some lazy people still expect it to be her job to lift 40 and 50 pound bags of dog food or cat litter. She still tries to do it, but I'm so afraid she's going to hurt herself. So if I'm nearby I'll do any lifting for her, after which I usually give a dirty look to the customer. One lady today criticized her for sitting down on a stool because it's harder to see her behind the register. She's sweet tempered and let the comment roll off her shoulders, and I kept quiet but I felt like telling the lady "Mind your own beezwax, she's pregnant you idiot!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
One time when I was working at a crafts store I had sliced my hand open and was actually trailing blood on the floor on my way to the back office for first aid and an old lady made me help her pick out some floral picks. Some people honestly baffle me.
'Reasonable' is just not in some people's vocabulary apparently. Shameful.

Last edited by L.G.; 01-28-2009 at 06:18 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #1885
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

A note to parents everywhere; children on rollerskates do not belong in a supermarket. I do not like having your child plow into me from behind or from either side, and little Junior did so several times, twice to me and at least once to several other customers. None of us appreciate this in the slightest. The next time you shop, leave either the skates or the kid at home, I don't care which. If this happens again, I sincerely hope that your hyperactive little brat slams into the egg display so that I can laugh as I watch you pay for them.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #1886
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

That is why it belongs only in the rink.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #1887
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

"Wheelies", the shoes with one wheel in the heel, get annoying when the kid isn't being careful, I totally agree. And when skateboards and rollerskates aren't allowed in certain areas, those shouldn't be allowed either. Or, at least the kid shouldn't be allowed to roll on them. I'm sure I would have loved to have a pair when I was a kid, but I also wonder how safe they are. Can you really run wearing them? I'd be afraid the wheel would hit a pebble, or I'd just put my foot down heel first and I'd slip and break my neck.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #1888
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

No I've seen those things before, and the wheel is actually removable, so that it be a normal shoe. But still, yeah. Rinks or skating-specific areas only.

Last edited by antgirl1; 02-03-2009 at 04:06 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #1889
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Yeah, I know the wheel can be removed. And a trap door can be placed over the hole so the heel is solid. But I was referring to when the wheels are in place. They'd still make me nervous.

I was a little miffed at my side job today when I found the silk plants I had so thoughtfully and carefully arranged around the buildings had been tampered with or had disappeared entirely. Last week I put out three new plants, and two weeks before that I made a flower arrangement, and placed it in an attractive vase. Today one of the new plants had been tampered with, the new vase had been moved to a less scenic spot, and two other plants that had actually been around for over a year just disappeared. Makes me wonder if someone is annoyed with all the plants I've placed around, and they're hiding them from me now.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #1890
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

A moment ago I was treated to the sound of yelling out in the hallway. Seems that a guy from the third floor, probably drunk, was mad at the guy across the hall, who I saw go into a liquor store earlier and is almost certainly drunk. He was loudly informed that the first guy was going to "have my sister come down here and beat your (expletive deleted) @$$!" Yeah. More arguing to come later, no doubt.

I look forward to moving day.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote