Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #1381
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

i was playing this game at the mall today, and the point is to line up all the little blocks to win a cool prize. well, in my condition today, its best described like this.

this does not make me a happy camper. im still kinda annoyed by this, and it happened almost 2 and a half hours ago.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #1382
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

That new Mentos ad where a guy sitting next to a water cooler eats a Mentos and a hot woman comes up and Frenches him and makes gulping sounds like she's drinking water, and then they tell you that "Mentos are mouthwatering". She was drinking his drool. THAT'S GROSS.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #1383
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I've seen that commercial too, Sparky. I really miss the old Mentos adds.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #1384
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Yeah those Old Mentos ad were pure awesome, why does Madison Avenue always have to mess with a good thing.

Oh well thank goodness for youtube so we can return to a time where candy commercials were fun and not disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLccC...eature=related

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #1385
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ew, no, I don't like that new Mentos commercial, either.

And kittens, awwww, I love kittens! They make my heart melt with cuteness overload every time I see one. Even when they're naughty, I just can't help it. However, I do know how angering it is when they chew through a wire. My cat chewed through my laptop wire a number of years ago while I was on it. Sparks actually started flying and the wire fizzed, it gave me a heart attack! Seriously, I thought I was going to die there for a second, if not from electrical shock or burning the house down, then from at least losing my furry child. One of the biggest frights I've ever had in my life! And just this last week, he was *I think* chewing on the cord again and before I could kick him away, my computer went dead. Another fright, I thought he destroyed my computer! I'm not sure what he did, but I guess my computer has some safety thing where when it senses a problem with the power supply, it automatically shuts off. I turned it back on and all was fine, and even let it run on the battery alone for a while. Yup, all was fine. But ugh, why does my cat like leathery/rubbery feeling things to chew on?? He's destroyed many watch bands and even shoe straps. Yeah, no matter how cute he is, that always makes me mad.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #1386
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

You know what they say, the thing about kittens is that they grow up to be cats. As a cat lover, though, I don't have a problem with that.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #1387
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
That new Mentos ad where a guy sitting next to a water cooler eats a Mentos and a hot woman comes up and Frenches him and makes gulping sounds like she's drinking water, and then they tell you that "Mentos are mouthwatering". She was drinking his drool. THAT'S GROSS.
Yeah. It's because of crap like this that I no longer watch television.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 AM   #1388
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
What the heck?! Eww...nasty!! Then again, I'm not entirely surprised that stuff like this is getting on television nowadays. Sadly, some folks probably love stuff like that.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #1389
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
What the heck?! Eww...nasty!! Then again, I'm not entirely surprised that stuff like this is getting on television nowadays. Sadly, some folks probably love stuff like that.

Ugh, yeah I hate that commercial.

Speaking of downright disgusting commercials, anyone remember that Sour Skittles ad from about a year ago with the man hooked up to a milking machine? F**king nasty. And people wonder why I don't drink milk.

There's another gross ad for the New York Smoking Quitline or whatever it's called, I don't think it airs anymore but it was this guy describing in explicit detail how he had to get his leg amputated because blocked arteries stopped the flow of blood into his leg, which was brought on by smoking. It's not the ad itself that bothered me. It's the fact that they always aired it around dinnertime. I used to change the channel whenever it came on because it was that bad.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 06-04-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #1390
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Oh, man, that's disgusting.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote