Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Oh, that is SO a Mario & Luigi reference, Mario is the fat one, and Luigi is that taller, skinny one. And the "We're like a team" thing pretty much goes with it too. Ed even called Wilt his "bro". XDD
Mario and Luigi are neither the only nor the first fat guy/tall skinny guy team.

It's a common cliche, and a funny one.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
basilsunshine
Settling In
I get by with a little help from my friends.  

Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm native american. & no, it's not a farm.

Is this the first time they've used Madame Foster's first name?

Stoned Eduardo and Khones made this episode one of my top favorites.I wasn't paying much attention to the plot though. I guess I should watch it again before making a review.
basilsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Hold on now, they used Madame Foster's first name? What was it? I missed that!!!!

As for Cheese, I never really wrote him off as being useless, unentertaining, or an uninteresting character, just that in comparison to the other Fosters characters, he is. I always saw him as a perpetual toddler. If you want a better appreciation of him, I suggest seeing the "Ideal waste of time" music vid on Youtube with him in. It helped for me. And, of course, he does grow on you after time. He's very much like a (very) younger brother.

I too, am kind of sad that Coco can't get much of a limelight episode, due to her lack of intelligable speech and fluctuating lucidity (My So Called Wife being on the crazy end of the spectrum).

Also, I reccomend to anyone who doesn't like a certain episode of Fosters to rewatch. It can do wonders.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Also, I reccomend to anyone who doesn't like a certain episode of Fosters to rewatch. It can do wonders.
Not for all of them, unfortunately.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Not for all of them, unfortunately.
Yep, that's the truth. I actually rewatched "The Buck Swaps Here" today and I ended up enjoying it more than I did the first time (that's probably because I had the sound up this time, though! XD), but I rewatched "Cheese A Go-Go" as well and I still couldn't stand it even after the second time. In fact, I disliked it even more! I guess some things just don't do better the second time around, but it's all just a matter of opinion.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:07 PM   #6
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

It is because to be honest, I still find myself liking "Go-go" more then I did the first time. I'm really enjoying the episode for itself and not just focusing on Cheese's constant yakking. Like i said before Cheese really doesn't bother me anymore, he's done more annoying sounds and said annoying things worse then this.

He was much more annoying in "Big cheese" but that was a more well crafted episode. Either way, I found there was too much fun to be had with everyone else and their weird going ons. Eduardo, Madame Foster and Jackie Khones all had amusing and entertaining plots. In truth, Bloo was the only one who really made such a big deal out of Cheese.

Yeah Frankie made it seem like it was big at the end by finding out where he goes, but I think even as Louise put it is that there's less to Cheese then meets the eye. And while i do admit I felt so bad seeing Frankie really suffering, I was happy to see her in another prominent role and more importantly, doing the right thing.

Helping Cheese was obviously not the smartest thing to do, but she still tried to help him and even went to all the trouble to bringing him back to Louise and dealt with everyone else's problems too. Plus, she's the ONLY one who didn't get arrested. I don't know why but I just find this episode to be a gas (no Eduardo pun intended).

It's the same way with "Bloooo" and "Emancipation", most people hated these episodes along with "Go-go" but I loved them, especially "Bloooo".
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I re-watched it OnDemand. This episode still dosen't do anything for me. It feels like an episode of "Fairly Odd Parents", by that I mean the plot goes way too fast & there's was like 5 funny jokes. I really think they need to get some new Cheese material, or else his popularity will go dooooooown. I suggest getting some writers from Zim, who always had funny stuff for Gir who is basically like Cheese. Or *COUGH*Me*COUGH*.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote