Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #31
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Here's the languages I liked Wilt in:

English
French
Japanese
Polish

Am I being fair now?
I suppose-- I've never heard French or Polish. I have crappy video-veiwing capacities.

But I probably misinterpreted your original post. And if that's the case, I'm sorry about that.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:33 PM   #32
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Sorry about the double post.

Does anyone know where there may be some Korean translations of Foster's floating aorund? I have this weird thing for Korean language (especially the written aspect, since I can read it), so hearing Foster's in Korean would absoluetly rock my socks. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #33
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

Ah yes, Dutch dubs... the rottenness...

They've named Cheese 'Brie' all jokes like 'Mac & Cheese' and 'Bloo Cheese' are now gone... the only joke that DOES work better is 'Nu zijn we brietjes!' ('Now we're brother-ladies' ?)

Though it's pretty much only the translations that can suck at moments. The voices are pretty well done..
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 AM   #34
WestBunny:3
Newly Abandoned

We must dominate the world!  

I first saw Foster's dubbed to spanish ***, but I think it still works a lot better in english and I'll always say that that's what keeps the magic of the show

***Something that anyone has said yet, there is a huge difference between latin spanish and european spanish. The version discussed about two or three pages ago was the mexican one, but here I'm talking about the european version (in which Eduardo doesn't try to talk english). And it's always the same damn thing, everyone arguing about how horrible the other voices sound . It's just sad. Latin people just don't watch programmes dubbed by us, and neither do we. It's terrible to say it, but I myself find SO annoying mexican accent,but well, latin people keep saying that "you all seem to be talking with a potato in your mouth", so fine (hey that reminds me of cheese )
What I wanted to say is that there is more than one spanish accent and you should try to watch the two versions, and that I'm really against this nonsense about which dub is better.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #35
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

I first started watching Foster's in Hungarian, given that I live in Hungary... some jokes play off really well, and the dub is great. The only thing that disturbs me is that they haven't translated too many names, and the ones they did fit quite well, except for Wilt, who's named "Boom" (wtf?), it sounds quite weird to say the least. I've also seen it in Italian, and though Italian dub is usually great, this is just... sick. Horrible.

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #36
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
I first started watching Foster's in Hungarian, given that I live in Hungary... some jokes play off really well, and the dub is great. The only thing that disturbs me is that they haven't translated too many names, and the ones they did fit quite well, except for Wilt, who's named "Boom" (wtf?), it sounds quite weird to say the least. I've also seen it in Italian, and though Italian dub is usually great, this is just... sick. Horrible.
Heh heh... nice one. I once got really bored and ran Wilt's thread through translate.google.com and seeing what his name came back as in English. I got some intersting results-- my personal favorite is Korean: "Pick up the cup." Quite amusing at 2 AM really.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #37
Another Castle
At Home

So far, I have seen little bits of Fosters in German (I liked it), Dutch, Polish, Irish and Italian. I've looked up the different European CN sites and they have the same clips for each language. I cannot really remember each of the voices (I don't think anything sounded particularly out of place), but it is funny when you see a sign/banner in English and sometimes a creepy voice translates it!

One thing that strikes me is that a lot of humor is based around wordplay and puns- take for example, from Cookie Dough, Bloo says:
"C'mon guys, we need that dough- get it kneed dough!"
A clever pun in English (and one of my favorite lines), but you need to know that 'dough' is slang for money, and since they are baking cookies, they kneed dough as part of the progress. How Does that translate? Especally taking into account Bloo's delivery

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo

Last edited by Another Castle; 01-28-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Whoops, spelling!
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #38
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
So far, I have seen little bits of Fosters in German (I liked it), Dutch, Polish, Irish and Italian.
Irish, really? As in Gaelic? Or just English with an Irish dialect? I'm very curious.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:46 AM   #39
Another Castle
At Home

Irish Gaelic, I get it confused with the Scots language. Here's a link (which may or may not work):
http://www.tg4.ie/stud/cula/prog.asp?PID=7

Like Welsh or Breton, it is one of those ancient Celtic languages that the minority speak as a first language, but heavily plugged by the local governments in schools and on road signs, to save it from extinction.

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #40
Chi'n Ta
Newly Abandoned

Since I'm from Brazil, I guess it's natural that I've watched FHFIF in brazilian portuguese a couple of times.
I've also watched the english version, which in my opinion is way better than the brazilian portuguese dubbed version. I mean, Bloo is really loud in the portuguese version and Cheese doesn't sound right (I'm used to watching the original version, so I've grown used to Cheese's original, creepy and incredibly funny voice).

Sorry for my bad english. XD

Here is the short called Pen Pal in brazilian portuguese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5eaCBTm8Z4

Note: I'm not sure I should be posting this, since there haven't been many new posts in this thread lately, and this is my first post here.
Chi'n Ta is offline   Reply With Quote