Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

I just gave this episode a 9.8 out of 10 on TV.com. All in all, a great episode.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

I loved this episode, even if the only way I saw it was from Sparky videotaping the episode from the CN website. And despite the lags and the grainy imagery the comedy shined like nobody's business.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

In comparison to "Cheese a go-go", this definitely beats it out, while there still suffered a few minor flaws, this was a really enjoyable episode and an accurate one at that. This was a great way to get all of the characters in on the plot and of the episode, and made everyone involved with a different need for the 100.

I myself have been to swap meats before and just like at anime conventions, there really is an ass load of interesting and weird crap to buy. I can totally related with how everyone found something they liked there, even knowing half of this stuff is so amazing they know they'll never be able to afford it.

I loved the fact Eduardo actually asked Mac and Frankie, not being as dim as to do whatever Bloo said, not to mention the fact Mac and Frankie both went crazy which was a real riot . I especially loved the fact Mac referenced en episode with the "False movie" toy thing, I love it when shows do it, it's quite rare actually.

I liked the idea of having a "bad guy" around but thing with the arms confused me as I didn't know if he had really small arms and the "coat arms" were just for show so he could steal, or if he had a trained animal or imaginary friend inside helping him. That was just a really confusing part if you ask me.

I also felt weird considering Frankie's "item of choice". The thing looks and is named after a zamboni machine which just like the real machine, is big and large as hell. I like the fact they made Frankie actually acknolwedge how crappy her job has become with cleaning and want to make it easier.

But honestly, I think that thing would be a real pain in the ass to load onto the bus, get it home, and get it INSIDE Foster's, not to mention where she'd store the thing when she stopped using it. It's a minor thing but something that did make me wonder. I also felt Mac had good reason to want the toys.

Bloo screwed him out of everything and he had every right to get those toys, I especially liked how Mac is now standing up for himself and back talking Bloo like with the brain remark (the jar joke was great "No seriously, they REALLY have them in jars" "TEN BUCKS!" .

The Benny Hill chase was all right and I loved Mario and Luigi's cameo. I guess my only beef comes with the "defeat" of the swapper burglar. I felt it was too comical and just too "yuck-yuck" for the show. Bloo getting busted was something I was glad to see, it's nice to see him taking SOME responsibility.

The best part though has to be the ending. Mac and everyone buying that doll house for Ed meant the world to him, and it was a touching scene to make him feel better after all the running around they did with him. And of course, the hilarious (and surprising) freaking little fort Knox Ed has in his safe.

I was REALLY taken back by that, the gang's shocked faces were priceless. Pardon the pun. In anycase aside from a lame villain toppling, this was a great episode and really used the characters well emotionally and physically. Everyone got involved and I was really satisfied with this episode's turn out.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Excellent summary, dude. I have to agree with the part about the villain; I was sure there was an IF inside that coat, and half expected a referrence to Orlando Bloo. As for the Zamboni, true, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but neither does a coyote buying high-tech gear from Acme. I just call it cartoon weirdness and smile. And Bloo in the back of the police wagon was priceless.

Overall, I'll give it a 9/10.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 09-27-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #15
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
As for the Zamboni, true, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but neither does a coyote buying high-tech gear from Acme. I just call it cartoon weirdness and smile.
I normally feel the same way, except in Wile and RR's case, they are the only ones who exist in that cartoon series and thus the wackyness is more acceptable. The thing that made me feel weird was just the fact something that was meant for cleaning was so absurdly large.

it's like buying a go kart from a garage sale or something, sure it's fun to ride around in but good luck trying to take that thing home and/or find a place to store it in the meantime.

It's not a bad thing like I said and the episode was still great, it was just something that struck me as weird.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #16
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
The thing that made me feel weird was just the fact something that was meant for cleaning was so absurdly large.

It's not a bad thing like I said and the episode was still great, it was just something that struck me as weird.
Think of it as a symbolic referrence to the absurdly large amount of cleaning that Frankie does every day. On that level it makes a lot of sense.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #17
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Spoiler Below
Mario and Luigi's cameo= absolute love

This was a great episode. Had me stitches. Did anyone see the Johnny Bravo wig? And Darbie's actually from Dexter's Lab!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #18
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

I like this episode! It totally makes up for the previous episode. I like how the gang is trying to get the 100 dollar bill from Eduardo. I also like the Mario and Luigi cameo in the episode. The one thing I didn't like is Bloo being arrested. Bloo hardly cares for his friends and he should be nicer to them, he should try yinging instead of yanging, because the last time Bloo really wants is to spend time in prison, a long time perhaps. Anyway, I give this episode an A.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:00 AM   #19
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyo View Post
Spoiler Below
Mario and Luigi's cameo= absolute love
No kidding. I loved it.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:45 AM   #20
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

It has sucked to be Wilt in the past two episodes.