Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #31
Trippetta
Settling In
Festive!  

Default Point System

Could someone explain the point system to me?

It seems that just when I think I've figured it out, it gets random on me.
I try to play every day, (but can't always), always do a favor, and here and there use the "call a friend" to empty out a spot or two on the bar. But, sometimes I am credited when I "call a friend" and sometimes not.

I'm fairly dense, so please bear with me.

I just found Monty's comprehensive post in "Bloo's Adventures"...
That was a big help and answered most of my question.

Though, I am still wondering about the "call a friend" feature - about getting points randomly
???

Last edited by Trippetta; 10-17-2006 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Most of this answered thru another post.
Trippetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #32
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippetta View Post

Though, I am still wondering about the "call a friend" feature - about getting points randomly[/i]???

Exacly what do you mean by points and point system. if you mean the number of each chore to do, that is a random number that is smaller if you login at least every other day.

please clarify

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #33
Trippetta
Settling In
Festive!  

Thanks for your help, Monty.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I basically play similarly to what you mentioned on your other post:

"Thus in order to get a popularity point each day you must have a free spot in your friendship bar. I usually keep my friendship bar at Three that way I always have space to do a favor.

I usually do 2 of my duties and then Half of the third, then I call a friend to complete the third duty that way I always use a friendship point."

My question is about the citizenship points - under what circumstances do you receive citizenship points when you use the "call a friend" option to complete chores.

You mentioned that using the point will complete half - rounded up - of your total number for one chore. I have noticed that isn't always true for me.
For example; One time, (at band camp), I had a full friendship bar, completed 4 out of ten of a chore. I opted for the "call a friend" option but it took 3 "friends" to complete the chore. Shouldn't it have only taken two?
And this instance I was credited. Actually, I had three or four Citizenship points to start and this filled the bar.

However, other times using the "call a friend" gives no points at all.
So, I am confused.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #34
Rognik
Newly Abandoned

Here's what it details in the help files.

Do a favour for one of the friends - gain one popularity point and one friend
Do a duty - gain one citizenship point
Call in a friend - half of the (total) tasks for the duty is complete (completely done if 0/1)
Go on an adventure with Bloo - gain 6 popularity points

So, if you have to, say, pick 7 white flowers, and you call in a friend, then 4 flowers are picked and 3 flowers still needs to be picked. If you call in a friend again for that chore, it's completely done.

However, I'm sort of curious: if you call in a friend, are the "tasks" completed removed at random from the maps, or do the chore locations generate randomly?

Last edited by Rognik; 10-17-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Rognik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #35
Trippetta
Settling In
Festive!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rognik View Post
Call in a friend - half of the (total) tasks for the duty is complete (completely done if 0/1)

So, if you have to, say, pick 7 white flowers, and you call in a friend, then 4 flowers are picked and 3 flowers still needs to be picked. If you call in a friend again for that chore, it's completely done.
Ok, but...
I had 10, completed 4. That left 6. I called in a friend, which only took away 2. I then had to use 2 more friends to complete the task (2 each). Then it gave me (approx.) 6 points. I should have just needed one friend. I should have gotten just one point.

Tres bizarre.

Thanks, tho!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:21 PM   #36
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippetta View Post
Ok, but...
I had 10, completed 4. That left 6. I called in a friend, which only took away 2. I then had to use 2 more friends to complete the task (2 each). Then it gave me (approx.) 6 points. I should have just needed one friend. I should have gotten just one point.

Tres bizarre.

Thanks, tho!

It must have been a glitch, Sparky originally reported getting more than one popularity for favors when she first started playing.

It should have taken only 2 friends to complete the remaining 6 and you should have recieved only One citizenship.

also I have experimented to see what happens when you call a friend. It actually does the chore for you. for example I went to the Dock and called a friend to finish Feed Cyrex the Sea Monster. when I turned off notey there was a Big Bite out of the Dock. Thus the Duties remaining are randomly Done for you.
I have had the game crash in the middle of doing chores and under that situation. The chore can randomly change, Usually keeping the Numbers but changing the locations and sometimes changing the floor of the chore.

Monty
Old 10-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #37
Trippetta
Settling In
Festive!  

I had originally been unsure whether you received the point or if using "call a friend" would forfeit the point, since that isn't specified in Notey.

At any rate, its a good glitch.

Thanks for all your help!

Old 10-19-2006, 06:12 AM   #38
FeetyPajamas
Newly Abandoned
*liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick* Forum taste funnnnnyyyy....  

Send a message via AIM to FeetyPajamas

Hey Guys.

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I haven't seen it on any other threads, although I may have missed it.

Is it possible to "catch up"? I only started playing in September.
FeetyPajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #39
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeetyPajamas View Post
Hey Guys.

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I haven't seen it on any other threads, although I may have missed it.

Is it possible to "catch up"? I only started playing in September.
yes it is posible to catch up.

Playing evey day it takes an average of two weeks to complete each update.
Thus when people "Caught up" they then have to wait for a new update to be released next month (like myself), While people that started Later are able to continue playing without waiting for the game to expand.

Monty
Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #40
Jaamillion
Newly Abandoned

Default High Scores

In something fishy, bloo's brothers, curse of the bloo pearl and potatoes calientes...I've beat my high scores and I don't always get a collectible or new pics. Is this normal or am I experiencing a glitch? Also, what qualifies as a collectible? I have the outer space furniture and I've collected 2 buddies from Goo but the present icon never shows up next to my name. Do you see the present icon or just other people?
Jaamillion is offline   Reply With Quote