Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #201
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Did she take classes for acting, or did she just audition cause she was told that she's good act makeing voices? Either way, she's very good at what she does.
They have classes for such things. Not sure if Grey Delisle ever took them, supposedly she looked into it when she was told she did good voice immitations as a stand-up comic.
Sounds like she has fun...
Old 09-10-2006, 07:08 PM   #202
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Anyone can audition, that's for sure. But I'm sure you're better off with classes to back you up. But some voice actors come from nothing and move on up. I guess it depends on whether you have the right voice, personality, attitude, and abillity to take directions.
I don't know if I would ever take a shot at seriouse voice acting, but I enjoy reading into it. I may try fandub's or lend my voice to a friends project. I have a history of performing, so I may do well. I think I could be a good voice actor if I REALLY made the effort. But one thing is for sure: It would be increadably fun to work with the Foster's crew! They must have a real fun time. It show's in the finished product.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #203
Voxxyn
Banned

If you want to see just how talented and diverse Grey DeLisle is, compare Frankie to Mandy from The Grim Adventures. If it weren't for sharing the same voice actress, they couldn't possibly hope to be any more different, either in appearances or personality. It's just amazing.

However, to be completely honest, I do NOT like how Mandy hogs all the attention and fan love from DeLisle's other characters. I guess I understand why, since Mandy is one of the mascots on her show, while Frankie isn't. But it still grates me, because unlike Mandy, Frankie's character is unique and refreshingly three-dimensional.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 AM   #204
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I thought Mandy was voiced by Terra Strong. But I agree. Frankie is a better character all around. But Mandy has a cute charm to her.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #205
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Strong and DeLisle sound very similar when they do a low-key voice (see DeLisle's Mandy and Strong's character from Teen Titans, never remember those character's names).

Foster's is blessed with excellent voice work. No cartoon can really entertain without good voice acting.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #206
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Yes, good voice actors are very important to a cartoon. My all time faves are Scott Mcneill and Cam Clarck. But many of the Foster's crew, Grey Delisle inparticular, are moveing up my list!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #207
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Being good at acting is essential to voice acting, because if you can't act, all you really have is funny voices.

That's one of the things I love about Foster's, too -- you can just tell they have a lot of fun making it.

Last edited by kageri; 09-11-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #208
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
If you want to see just how talented and diverse Grey DeLisle is, compare Frankie to Mandy from The Grim Adventures. If it weren't for sharing the same voice actress, they couldn't possibly hope to be any more different, either in appearances or personality. It's just amazing.
WHOA...If you hadn't posted that, I would've never known that Grey DeLisle did Mandy's voice.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 09-11-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:51 AM   #209
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I just saw "Squeekerbox" today. I have to say that Frankie look's pretty good in the morning.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #210
Voxxyn
Banned

I've been rewatching the end of "The Big Cheese" repeatedly on my computer, only because I think Frankie looks absolutely delicious without her jacket and covered in mud. That, and she's simply hilarious

Last edited by Voxxyn; 09-16-2006 at 05:15 AM.
Closed Thread