Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #1301
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

That's probably the most sensible post on the subject I've read in a long time.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:05 PM   #1302
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
That's probably the most sensible post on the subject I've read in a long time.
Yeah but it felt more like a buzz kill pin to me.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:18 AM   #1303
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

She never created one because she would hate it?

it's like someone who had a really, really bad experience in a day-care center, and NEVER WANTS BABIES.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #1304
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

All this speculation is REALLY makeing me crave a Frankie special more and more! And I think it would make for a truely touching, tear jerking masterpiece. It dosant have to be dark like others have said, just intellagent.
As for theorys regarding Frankie living with Madam Foster: My sister moved out and lived with my grandmother when she was a teenager because her and my mom just couldant see eye to eye. Things have worked out, ofcourse. I'm just trying to help with the brainstorming.
But like PitBullady said, when she refers to her parants, she does so fondly - or at least not negatively. So her haveing probloms with her parants may not be the case.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #1305
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I would love to see an episode centered around Frankie (her past) - PERIOD! I have read a lot of the hypothetical posts here, and I do not put it past some of them. I do have the tendency to lean more toward what pitbull lady said about fond memories; Medikor said something interesting that there is a possibilty that Frankie just plain moved in with her Grandmother (based on his bit about sister not getting along with mother).
Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #1306
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
She never created one because she would hate it?

it's like someone who had a really, really bad experience in a day-care center, and NEVER WANTS BABIES.
...if that were true, why would she remain so loyal and commited to something that is basically the exact same thing you mentioned(except she didn't personally create them)? If she can handle taking care of thousands of IFs and withstand the likes of Bloo, Herriman, Duchess and that one-shot moron whose name I won't mention on this thread, why would she "hate" to have an IF of her own?

No offense, but that post didn't make any sense to me. That isn't like Frankie at all.

Kageri unfortunately is right, but I'm still hopeful. Wilt(despite being an IF) is an adult character who appeals more to the older folks, and he got his own special. They balanced the dynamic by handling it in a way that would appeal to everybody, children and grown-ups. I don't see why they couldn't do the same with a Frankie special. Now that Wilt got his spotlight, Frankie deserves it the most.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #1307
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I, like Marshmallow, think they're dead. But the only reason it's dark IMO is because it looks (by the photo albulm episode, I forgot!!! *Beats head*) like she was very little. When your parents die & your little it seems a little to much for a kids show. If they died when she was older I could understand, but it dosen't appear that way.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #1308
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
I would love to see an episode centered around Frankie (her past) - PERIOD! I have read a lot of the hypothetical posts here, and I do not put it past some of them. I do have the tendency to lean more toward what pitbull lady said about fond memories; Medikor said something interesting that there is a possibilty that Frankie just plain moved in with her Grandmother (based on his bit about sister not getting along with mother).

Based on the annual photos in "The Big Picture", Frankie has lived at Foster's-sans parental units-since she was about five or six. Mr. Herriman states that the photos contain the residents of the house, so I didn't get the impression that Frankie was just visiting for all those years. IF she was a visitor, and still living with her parents, why didn't she show up in the photos earlier? We know that she did visit when she was only four, since she let the Scribbles out then, but she doesn't appear in the photos at that age. A child of that age has no option or choice of whom they live with, and normally, that would be their parents, or at least ONE parent, if the parents are separated or only one is alive. The only reasons that a child would be placed in the care/custody of another relative would be if both parents were to die, or be found unfit to raise a child by a court of law, under recommendation of Social Services. A child of that age cannot simply say, "I don't get along with my mom, so I want grandma to raise me". On the DVD, Frankie indicates that Madame Foster bought her clothes, and told her how to dress, and how to act socially, since she was a young child, but makes no mention of her mother or anyone else buying her clothes or telling her how she should dress, so that seems to me like Madame Foster was the only female adult(human, anyway) in her life throughout most of her childhood. We know she remembers her parents, so the big question is, what happened to them?

pitbulllady
Old 03-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #1309
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The thing is though, I don't agree on the idea that it wouldn't be used just because it's not "interesting". Mac's mom isn't what i call super interesting character material either, but we still see her involved and hear of her and etc. It's a natural tendency to wonder about someone's past.

I mean, I don't think kids were scratching their heads over wondering about Eduardo and Coco. Wilt yes, but Ed and Coco's pasts don't seem like things kids were begging CN to explain. Either way, Frankie's parents are a mystery and whether it's something kids are dying to know or not, it doesn't really matter.

The fact is Frankie needs to have some background info. Why? Because she suffers from the same problem she has been dealing with in every other area of the show: under appreciation. Frankie is under appreciated at her job, at her responsibility, on the show and everywhere else but here more or less.

The show really doesn't give Frankie much credit considering the fact 95% of everything at Foster's runs on her exhaustion. And the characters don't appreciate Frankie fully because any crazy or wild ass antic or plot line the show goes through, she ends up cleaning.....ALONE.

I know it seems like I'm just beating around alot of speculative bushes and probably putting more thought into this whole Frankie's parents issue then I should. But why not? That's one of the reasons the internet was born: to talk about the most inane and minor to major aspects of TV shows and movies.

And being a strong supporter of this cute red head that does so much, the least that anyone could do is give Frankie's background a little more attention.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #1310
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
...if that were true, why would she remain so loyal and commited to something that is basically the exact same thing you mentioned(except she didn't personally create them)? If she can handle taking care of thousands of IFs and withstand the likes of Bloo, Herriman, Duchess and that one-shot moron whose name I won't mention on this thread, why would she "hate" to have an IF of her own?

No offense, but that post didn't make any sense to me. That isn't like Frankie at all.

Kageri unfortunately is right, but I'm still hopeful. Wilt(despite being an IF) is an adult character who appeals more to the older folks, and he got his own special. They balanced the dynamic by handling it in a way that would appeal to everybody, children and grown-ups. I don't see why they couldn't do the same with a Frankie special. Now that Wilt got his spotlight, Frankie deserves it the most.

This could still apply - if she's used to taking care of thousands and thousands of IF's, that doesn't necesarrily mean she wants a one-on-one up-close-and-personal relationship with her own IF. She doesn't have the same relationship with any of them that Mac has with Bloo, or even Mrs. Foster with Herriman. Taking care of a lot of friends in a casual "friend/associate/patient/client" relationship is quite different from essentially creating yourself a sibling. Does she want that? She's incredibly loyal to her family name and cause, but that doesn't make her maternal for a specific friend.
Closed Thread