Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow
Default Episode Discussion: Frankie My Dear

I think everyone knew this was coming sooner or later .

Anyone who knows me knows me posting this episode discussion is something you'd expect from me.

EDIT

Sorry about the mix up and I hope this makes up for it. I personally thought this was a fantastic episode, besides the fact Frankie is more or less the star for once. I thought the idea of actually showing her with a "date" was something I wasn't expecting from the show and enjoyed it.

I also thought Orlando Bloo was a hilarious character to use and it played off Bloo's attitude well. Seeing Frankie in a dress was one of the reasons that hooked me onto her character, it was a big change for her and the results are clearly signifgant. Just ask Bloo and Mac ^^.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 09-24-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Perhaps you might consider starting the discussion? This looks like a "subject-only" thread thus far.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-16-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

For me when I think of this episode, I think none other then one of Foster's most defining moments. That's right the famous "dinner date" scene in act three, in which the world was introduced to the ultra charismatic alter ego of Blooregard Q. Kazoo.... Orlando Bloo.

Sure everything leading up to that was pure gold in its own right, but this near eight minuet scene was like a Fort Knox of comedy.

Last edited by taranchula; 09-24-2006 at 01:48 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Check my post out.

I fixed it, sorry again .
Old 09-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Check my post out.

I fixed it, sorry again .
An honest mistake, born of enthusiasm for a worthy subject, don't worry about it.

I loved the episode. I especially liked the part at the end where Frankie smacked that loser Dylan upside his face. That, plus we get to see her all dressed up twice. Everyone crushing on her was cute (and who can blame them?), and, of course, there's the debut of Orlando Bloo. What more could you ask for? It was funny and touching, and it's one of my favorite episodes.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
That, plus we get to see her all dressed up twice. Everyone crushing on her was cute (and who can blame them?)
Here here, I definitely agree with you. I think it was thanks to this episode that my passion and obsession with Frankie truly took root. I think it was here evryone (including Mac and Bloo) realized just how special and hot Frankie was in this episode.

They never realized just what it is to be loved or to love someone and while they are clearly underage, it's no surprise they would cherish her so deeply after she showed them both different sides of her that they never thought possible. Plus, this episode showed Frankie's sweet n'sensitive side better then any other ep.

Kissing Mac for helping with her paperwork, and how she rightuflly kicked her dead beat date upside the head for bashing on her friends. This really showed how big of a heart she has. I really hope we see more of Frankie doing stuff like this, it seems to bring out the best in her and her friends.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
Voxxyn
Banned

I had to restrain myself from cheering wildly when she put that idiot Dylan in his place. It's just refreshing to see an incredibly hot girl that DOESN'T fall for jerks. And it was just terrific to know that, despite how crappy her job is, no matter how uptight Mr. Herriman is on her, and no matter how annoying some of her friends can be--she cares too much about them and the Foster's cause to give it all up just for a boyfriend.

That's true class and, yes, true beauty. Rewatching her in the little black dress, in light of her actions at the very end, only infinitely multiplied my infatuation with her physical beauty and admiration for her wonderful personality. Simply put, I love her.

And of course, the comedy was great. Not just Orlando Bloo; the entire episode was just "on" from start to finish.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Definitely one of my favorites; although it was cute how she was all nervous before her date, it was so great to see that Frankie cares much more about her friends than romance, especially since a lot of female cartoon characters are stereotypical in that way. And it was also cute how everyone was crushing on her, and it was also cute seeing her in her little black dress. Actually, this episode is pretty much just cute all-around.

Dylan really blew it.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

One of my favorite episodes! I absolutely loved it. Not only was it humorous, but it still taught a good moral. And it showed how awesome Frankie is, not that she isn't of course.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #10
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

This episode was wepons grade! It had the laughs, the beutie, and the introduction of a great running gag. This was one of the first episodes I ever watched. And I became hooked on Frankie when she said she was 22. I'm the same age, so it made me relate to her in that way. And I also fell in love with her too. Well, as in love with a cartoon as is possable without loosing grip on reality. But who need's reality anyway.