Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
J@ro_Link
Newly Abandoned

Default Trouble with logging in

Yeah, I saw the last topic with the errors. I've got the same problem. I log in and the bufferpage apears turns all white and stays that way.

I've tried installing the newest version, older ones, uninstall and install again, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know a solution to fix this error?

I didn't play for like 2 months but I don't think that it's the problem.
J@ro_Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
Divelucaya
Settling In
Best Road Trip Ever  

How long did you wait before closing the window or logging out? The reason I ak is this; at home I have a super fast broadband connection and the buffer page stays white for 5-10 seconds. On my laptop at my Mom's, the connection is slower and the buffer page stays for ~10-20 seconds. Today I am at a hotel with a slow broadband and it was white for nearly 30 seconds. If you have a very slow broadband, or even worse, using a modem, you may have to wait for 30-60 seconds before the game starts loading. It was not always this way but instead has gotten progressively slower after each update. For me, after reaching 100% my chosen music begins playing but Mr. Herriman does not pop onto the screen with my chores for 15-30 seconds.
Divelucaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
J@ro_Link
Newly Abandoned

You know I've waited a few mins (7 or so) and its still all white, I didn't even get to the clock.. No loading clock, no music and no Mr. Herriman voice.

I got a quite quick internet connection so it's not the problem.

As I said the problem is with Shockwave or the game. It just doesn't start,
Old 11-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
montitech
Foster's Legend

Sometimes this helps:

Try creating a new user and then loggin on through that user.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:30 AM   #5
J@ro_Link
Newly Abandoned

I've created a new user and when I picked the "Join the party" it took me to the loading clock. After a while the game loaded and i could play, but I saw only the game screen(no logout button, nothing) the other part of the screen was white.

But when I closed the window and tried to log into my old and the new account it got stuck on the buffer page again.

As I remember from the past the bufferpage had the decision to continue to go out of the Cartoon Network page(to the game) or something close to that, it had Bloo on it as I remember. Now it's all white.

So any other solutions? Maybe it works good on some specific version of Shocwave, Macromedia player or other flash player?

Edit:

Ok, I've figured it out. I login into my account to the buffer page then choose the cache page from the new account and the game works, a little complicated and anoying but it works. Now I'm just 52 days away from completing the game.

Last edited by J@ro_Link; 11-06-2007 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@ro_Link View Post
I've created a new user and when I picked the "Join the party" ....

My Bad,

I meant to say.

Try creating a New Windows User Account,
then in the new Windows User, open IE and go to CN. And try login into you original BFAHP account.

creating a new Windows user will have a fresh cache and there will hopefully be no other drivers or other application interfering with the house party.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote