Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #31
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'm curious as to why she's your favorite. She struck me as possibly being the most friendly of the five but she's also the one that I know the least. I know her more from what I've read about her than what I've seen on TV.
I read on some sites a long time ago there was either an animated special or some kind of book or something explaining where Venus was prior to the show. According to it, Venus was Sailor V elsewhere (London I think) and was living her super hero life there and was crushing a boy who she wanted to share her secret with but couldn't.

She battled Negamonsters like Moon did and one night, one monster was tracked to a warehouse. The boy followed Sailor V in and so did one of V's female friends. There was an explosion and the monster was killed and the guy and the girl believed V to be dead. Sailor V managed to escape and hide and just when she was about to reveal she survived, the boy and girl kissed.

Turned out they were in love with each other. Feeling hurt and that they'd be better with each other, Sailor V left and let them continue to think she was dead. That's where she comes into the main show with Sailor Moon as Sailor Venus instead of Sailor V. Supposedly her adventures in London where what spawned the rumors and popular games, movies, etc about her.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #32
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

There's an interesting article about Sailor V on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codename_wa_Sailor_V

Given that it's a Wikipedia article it may not be entirely accurate but it does seem to jibe with what I've read elsewhere.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #33
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Just out of interest, and while this is about Sailor Moon, did anyone see the Sailor Moon parody on Robot Chicken? I'd put up a YouTube link, but it's not available. It's on episode 14 of Season 1 entitled Joint Point.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #34
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Just out of interest, and while this is about Sailor Moon, did anyone see the Sailor Moon parody on Robot Chicken? I'd put up a YouTube link, but it's not available. It's on episode 14 of Season 1 entitled Joint Point.
Actually yes I did and I thought it was a genius idea for a Sailor Moon parody. It may have been a bit on the gross side, specially with the last scene with Queen Beryl going "Anime is weird" but it was a great parody of how some people see Sailor Moon.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 AM   #35
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I've found that the show doesn't get a lot of respect. People I've talked with tend to dismiss it as animated fluff or eye-candy, and often think that people who watch it, guys in particular, have an unhealthy interest in girls wearing colorful sailor uniforms. There's probably a little truth to the stereotype but really, the show has a hell of a lot more to offer than that. You just need to watch a few episodes to see that.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #36
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

i think sailor moon was the first show i really got into.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #37
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Having picked up more than a few Sailor Moon items on eBay recently, I got curious as to what was the most expensive item available. It turned out to be a complete set of trading cards. Wait until you see the price on these!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sailor-Moon-PP-1...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #38
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

What I wanna know is what someone would do with all those cards. Would they be sealed away for protection? Would they be re-sold in the hope of making a profit? Or would they be used to cover the walls to make one heck of a shiny room?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #39
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

If it were me, it'd be as wallpaper.

I've gotten ahold of a few cards now and then, mostly as freebies with other stuff I've ordered. Some of them are pretty nice looking, and make great avatars after a trip through my scanner, but in truth I can't really see myself getting into that aspect of collecting, mostly because of the price, plus I don't care for the idea of trying to hunt down every last card. Same with the comic books/manga. No, for my part I think I'll stick mostly with statues and figures. They're not cheap, but at least there aren't thirty billion of them to track down.

It's remarkable how much Sailor Moon stuff is available on eBay. A lot of it is duplicates, sure, but there's quite a variety, mostly targeted towards 13-year-old girls; make-up sets, stationary, plushies, dolls, etc. My Sailor Jupiter dog tag is available there again for about $13.00, including shipping; that was a very nice item, solid metal with a beautiful picture. Stars, I'd kill for something like that with Frankie's picture on it.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #40
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
My Sailor Jupiter dog tag is available there again for about $13.00, including shipping; that was a very nice item, solid metal with a beautiful picture. Stars, I'd kill for something like that with Frankie's picture on it.
I'm sure if you asked around you would probably find someone who does that sort of thing as a hobby. You may even be able to find a service that will take up custom jobs like that as long as you supply the image, the item you want it on, and some money for the work.