Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I think that the bright blue alterations look better than the pale blue, also, and "go" with the colors on the hoodie better, too. If I find one of these, I might have to send it out to you in CA, Sparky, for the same treatment as yours, since I consider it a spectacular feat of sewing if I achieve success in sewing a button back on! Hoodies are SUPPOSED to look too big; at least that's how people wear 'em around here.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Nice work, Sparky! And I really like the blue extention you added at the bottom. For the most part I like my hoodies (and sweatshirts) to be a bit big and extend down over my back side. If a top with fabric as bulky as fleece ends higher than that, it tends to cut me in two. And I'm short enough as it is, so I don't need that.

It's cool to see I'm not the only one here who's handy with a sewing machine, too. I have yet to do anything Foster's related, though. I usually do doll clothes or costume acessories. I might try my luck at making a plushie sometime, though. It could be fun.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #13
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I just got home, and I wore the hoodie and one of my altered babydoll Foster's t-shirts (the "I *heart* Bloo" one). I was stylin'. Lol. Anyways it was very comfortable, I could have made the wrists a little tighter but otherwise it was okay. Well, I have leftover of the blue ribbing if you're serious, pbl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Nice work, Sparky! And I really like the blue extention you added at the bottom. For the most part I like my hoodies (and sweatshirts) to be a bit big and extend down over my back side. If a top with fabric as bulky as fleece ends higher than that, it tends to cut me in two. And I'm short enough as it is, so I don't need that.
Yeah I definitely added a good two or more inches to the bottom. But as for it being fleece...its not. It's just a printed t-shirt fabric, really. You think HT would charge only $44 for something made of *fleece*? It's just a t-shirt with a hood and a zipper.

Last edited by Sparky; 08-08-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Wow.... It's really just knit? Not for warmth at all? I knew HT was pricy, but that's pretty steep for just being knit. In the pictures it looks like it could be a "light" fleece or something, Oh well. As big of a fan as I am, I'd still spend that, though.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #15
narfcake
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You think HT would charge only $44 for something made of *fleece*?
Well, it is HT ...

At least for t-shirts, it's at least double the wholesale price. That I'm deducing since small t-shirt shops ordering small quantities (dozen or less of a design at a time) run $9-10 wholesale ... a large outfit like HT would surely negotiate for less than that.
narfcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #16
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Wow.... It's really just knit? Not for warmth at all?
Again: t-shirt with a hood and zipper. Really.

If they ever come out with printed blankets, I'm buying some and making pullovers with them. Because I know they'll never make actual fabric for sale by the yard.

This is why I'm working on some Foster's knitting designs.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Again: t-shirt with a hood and zipper. Really.

If they ever come out with printed blankets, I'm buying some and making pullovers with them. Because I know they'll never make actual fabric for sale by the yard.

This is why I'm working on some Foster's knitting designs.

If I can get a chance to get to a mall within the next few weeks, I'll see if they have one that will at least sorta fit. A long-sleeved t-shirt with a hood sounds fine, with our climate. I don't even start wearing a jacket normally until we get temps down in the low '40's at least. Right now, with daytime temps reaching 110, NOT factoring in the 90% humidity, it's sorta hard to think about wearing anything with sleeves! We've had a full week of 100+ temps, dropping no lower than about 89 at night, with horrendous humidity. My two window units here at this house, where most of the animals are, have been struggling to keep the place from becoming dangerous, and I've had problems with them icing up and threatening to quit completely because they can't get rid of the condensation faster than it is accumulating, due to the heat and humidity. I'm mostly staying at my grandparents' house about 1/4 mile away, where there is central air, but even that's really having a tough time. Add to that BOTH car batteries called it quits in one week, and it's really tough to think about going to a mall right now!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #18
floppynoodleson666
Newly Abandoned

I wouldn't buy these things from Hot Topic; they are sadly too expensive for me.
I prefer to shop for my clothes at places like Goodwill and the Salvation Army; but they have yet to get any Foster's apparel. Actually, they don't have anything fashionable at all.
I usually end up buying flannel shirts and old vinyl records.
floppynoodleson666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #19
narfcake
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppynoodleson666 View Post
I prefer to shop for my clothes at places like Goodwill and the Salvation Army; but they have yet to get any Foster's apparel.
Not likely anytime soon either ...

- Stuff from HT hasn't been out long enough for folks to have "gotten sick of it" yet.
- No glut of kid's apparel either, so it's not likely to show up because they were outgrown.
- Earliest stuff was mostly from the studio ... way too limited in quantity to show up (if donated) beyond LA or Atlanta areas.
narfcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #20
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I almost like your version of it better, Sparky.

I WANT that Hoodie. My mother won't let me get it though, just you wait- she'll say it's too "busy", just like the Craig's blog shirt (which I'm not allowed to wear out of the house, sadly...)

-Marty