Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #921
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

So.............Wilt is a patriotic Harlem Globe Trotter!? He is a nice enough guy and he's got the moves to be a Globe Trotter....

Man I wish my brain would work tonight
FailedShapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:38 AM   #922
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Throughout most of the '70's in the US, leading up to 1976, there was a LOT of hype regarding our Bicentennial celebration. EVERYTHING was red, white and blue! I can remember this starting as early as '72, and it just got more and more prevelent as '76 approached. It should come as no surprise that a kid, inundated with images in red, white and blue, would create an Imaginary Friend that bore that very color scheme.

Kinda unrelated, but yesterday, while going to talk with a car restoration guy about trading my T-Bird for finishing restoration work on my '51 Studebaker, I saw a basketball just like that one that Wilt carried with him back to the Holy City, only much more faded and dirty, in a front yard. That's the first one I've seen in years, though they used to be everywhere, and I think that my father bought one for my brother way back when, while trying to get him interested in sports(didn't work).

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #923
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Wow! XD

Yeah...now Basketballs comming in multiple colors (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, etc) are the latest thing. But there's also the casual brown. XDD

If that red, white and blue basketball was the only thing in Wilt's "hobo stick" in GWH, how would he've survived? Didn't he, like have to eat or something? XDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #924
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Hmm... Maybe he has magic pockets XD I mean, he DID take his tooth brush with him and yet I saw no tooth brush in that hobo stick bag of his.

It's always the same with cartoons. Like I was watching Fairly Odd Parents earlier and Timmy Turner just puls a randomlly huge maths book out his pants leg. It always happens, cartoon characters always seem to have these magic pockets that you can't even see.

About the food thing, perhaps, BEFORE he arrived back in his home town, he had money in there or something, I mean, he DID buy those bus tockets for him and Foofy, so perhaps he bought food for himself as well, and ran OUT of money just as he got there... Of course surely he couldn't have known that he was gunna get flown back home in a PEEERIVATE LEAR JET (or however that's spelt) so he must have had more money for a bus ticket back...

... Yeah I'm going back to my magic pocket theory.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #925
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Hmm... Maybe he has magic pockets XD I mean, he DID take his tooth brush with him and yet I saw no tooth brush in that hobo stick bag of his.

It's always the same with cartoons. Like I was watching Fairly Odd Parents earlier and Timmy Turner just puls a randomlly huge maths book out his pants leg. It always happens, cartoon characters always seem to have these magic pockets that you can't even see.

About the food thing, perhaps, BEFORE he arrived back in his home town, he had money in there or something, I mean, he DID buy those bus tockets for him and Foofy, so perhaps he bought food for himself as well, and ran OUT of money just as he got there... Of course surely he couldn't have known that he was gunna get flown back home in a PEEERIVATE LEAR JET (or however that's spelt) so he must have had more money for a bus ticket back...

... Yeah I'm going back to my magic pocket theory.
If his cross-country journey was anything like Alvin Straight's (whose lawnmower-riding antics were the inspirations of Wilt's) then he possibly ate road kill along the way...

Eww, I'm not going to elaborate any further on that one.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #926
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Wow! XD

Yeah...now Basketballs comming in multiple colors (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, etc) are the latest thing. But there's also the casual brown. XDD

If that red, white and blue basketball was the only thing in Wilt's "hobo stick" in GWH, how would he've survived? Didn't he, like have to eat or something? XDD
We've sorta discussed that before, but it's still an interesting topic. Bloo points out, while back at Foster's, that Wilt's toothbrush was missing, and his locker was empty, yet when he arrives in Charleston, all he has in that hobo bundle is the basketball. It's up to speculation as to what he did with his shoes, socks, toothbrush and other personal belongings; I figure he most likely tossed the toothbrush and donated everything else to a charity bin(though I have to wonder how many needy and homelss people have feet THAT big). I doubt he would have carried any food with him, since it most likely would have spoiled along the way, and I'd think that Salmonella poisoning would tend to have a very adverse effect on one's basketball skills. Most likely, Wilt would have planned on eating something at each of his stops, since most bus stops and train stations do at least have vending machines. If he did carry anything to eat with him, given the delay in his arrival at his planned destination, he surely would have eaten all that he'd packed by the time he arrived for his final confrontation with Larry. I really don't think that Wilt expected to come out of that encounter alive, win or lose. He just needed to win in order to vindicate himself TO himself, perhaps hoping that word would eventually get back to Jordan that his creation had made the "Ultimate Sacrifice" to regain his creator's respect. Wilt does seem to have that "Death Before Dishonor" code, and cannot accept quitting. He's the type who would rather die trying than to live being known as a loser or a quitter.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 04-03-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #927
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
We've sorta discussed that before, but it's still an interesting topic. Bloo points out, while back at Foster's, that Wilt's toothbrush was missing, and his locker was empty, yet when he arrives in Charleston, all he has in that hobo bundle is the basketball. It's up to speculation as to what he did with his shoes, socks, toothbrush and other personal belongings; I figure he most likely tossed the toothbrush and donated everything else to a charity bin(though I have to wonder how many needy and homelss people have feet THAT big). I doubt he would have carried any food with him, since it most likely would have spoiled along the way, and I'd think that Salmonella poisoning would tend to have a very adverse effect on one's basketball skills. Most likely, Wilt would have planned on eating something at each of his stops, since most bus stops and train stations do at least have vending machines. If he did carry anything to eat with him, given the delay in his arrival at his planned destination, he surely would have eaten all that he'd packed by the time he arrived for his final confrontation with Larry. I really don't think that Wilt expected to come out of that encounter alive, win or lose. He just needed to win in order to vindicate himself TO himself, perhaps hoping that word would eventually get back to Jordan that his creation had made the "Ultimate Sacrifice" to regain his creator's respect. Wilt does seem to have that "Death Before Dishonor" code, and cannot accept quitting. He's the type who would rather die trying than to live being known as a loser or a quitter.

pitbulllady
Eduardo says Wilt's toothbrush was gone, not Bloo.

...Dang, if that was true, he's taking it WAAAAAY too seriously. It's just a freaking GAME. XDD
Old 04-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #928
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Eduardo says Wilt's toothbrush was gone, not Bloo.

...Dang, if that was true, he's taking it WAAAAAY too seriously. It's just a freaking GAME. XDD
Not to someone like Wilt, it's not "just a freaking game". To him, it means being able to justify his own existance and find forgiveness...from himself. His whole mentality is so strongly geared towards finding that acceptance, that he's willing to go whatever distance necessary to get it. That's why I've often compared Wilt to a Pit Bull-he refuses to give up, even when it's obvious that continuing will probably kill him. I know that most people can't relate to that, but there are those individuals who just won't go down without a fair fight, a fight to the finish if need be.

pitbulllady
Old 04-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #929
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

If you ask me, I think a pretty big reason as to why Wilt felt so bad about losing is, not just because he beleived that it was his fault it happened but also because Jordan conciously created him to make him a better basket ball player. And to make Jordan a better ball player Wilt felt he had to be 'The Best'. And because he lost, he felt as though he'd failed at his supposed main purpose.

Last edited by Vampyre; 04-03-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #930
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I guess he didn't know that you gotta lose sometimes to win sometimes.