Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #921
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Whose Line Is It Anyway?

I cry from laughter everytime.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #922
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrimanWasHere View Post
Whose Line Is It Anyway?

I cry from laughter everytime.
Awesome! I LOVE the show too! Just out of quriosity, which version do you prefer: Clive Anderson or Drew Carey? I really don't mind either one, but Drew Carey's version is better!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #923
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Either is fine, but I tend to like the Drew Carrey one more.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #924
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Awesome! I LOVE the show too! Just out of quriosity, which version do you prefer: Clive Anderson or Drew Carey? I really don't mind either one, but Drew Carey's version is better!
I personally think that Clive Anderson is the better presenter of the two. Drew Carey's version I like because Colin, Ryan and Wayne are a guaranteed part of the line-up, though DC himself I'm less of a fan of.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 02-06-2009 at 11:43 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #925
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

The first ever episode of a new CG animated series on Canada's YTV cable network, a show called...(Three periods for dramatic effect LOLZ!)

Rollbots!

A show that can best be described as cross a between Transformers, Rolly Polly Ollie, and tiny bits of Sonic the Hedgehog thrown in for good measure.

Now why you may ask, was I up early in the morning watching such a program? Insomnia? (Yeah, that was actually part of the reason.)

But also because I had a prior shall we say "relationship" with Rollbots.

But T you say, how can you have a prior anything with a show that just debuted this morning? Good question, and one I can answer.

Flash back to last year, I was taking a screenwriting course at my local college and like most college courses there was a co-op/internship program in which students got to work for locally owned production companies/movie studios etc...My love of animation led to me a local animation production company named Amberwood a very well run, very Canadian company (I mean Leslie Neilson was involved in a good chunk of their projects, you can't get more Canadian then that. )

Any ways when I interned there, almost all of the studios resources was were focused on one show and that show was of course Rollbots. And thus some of my interoffice duties were working on said show. It was mainly just production assistant work like making sure the scripts were up to date for the foreign markets and some research to make sure parts of the first season story arc was flowing well.

Sure, my contribution was but a drop in the ocean of television production, but still it was really cool watching a show in it's larval take shape, get a behind the scenes glimpse of the creative process that goes into making a modern day animated series and be able to learn all of it's story line secrets well before the show actually airs (No, I ain't telling anything, even though it was well over a year ago, I am sure that non disclosure agreement is still legally binding. And I've met Amberwood's legal staff and they scare me.)

So that's my story...

Oh yeah, how was the show?

It was alright, a nice mixture of action and comedy that is sure to play well with the Transformers: Animated/Ben 10 watching sugar cereal fueled toy buying young male crowd or people like me who grew up with Canadian made CG animated shows like Reboot and Beast Wars. (I mean all three shows share much of the same voice cast, so the familiarity is there.)

So Canadian viewers if you're up early enough on a Saturday morn, you may want to check it out. (Even if you don't fall into the above two categories.)

American viewers, apparently Rollbots is going to be debuting on the 4Kids network sometime in the future so you can check it out too. (Yeah I know it's not a YU-GI-OH spin off, what it's doing there?)

And International viewers, nothing yet but when it does, rest assured the overseas Voice Actors will not be completely lost when they receive the scripts for episodes 101 and 107, thanks in part to me.

And that, is shall we say is that.

Last edited by taranchula; 02-07-2009 at 05:07 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #926
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

That's so cool, T! I bet it's a little surreal knowing you had a hand in the making of that show. Even if it was a small part of it. It's certainly more than I'll ever have, and that is very cool.

I was watching Desperate Housewives earlier, although I'm not a regular to that show. I was just flipping through channels. It can be amusing though, not half bad. Now I'm watching some show on the History Channel about the history of drugs. They were talking about the Edwardian era and the 20s and 30s, and I always have a fascination for those time periods, even if it's just about drugs. Now they're talking about the 40s, and I'm sorry, but my interest wanes now due to my dad having such a love for all things WWII that I feel I've got enough exposure to the 40s to last a life time.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #927
taranchula

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Brute Man/The Chicken of Tomorrow.

Oddly enough, this was the only non animated thing I had watched all weekend (Which isn't a great feat given it was only like the fourth thing I had watched all weekend. )

Very funny episode, although the movie (Which is a B-movie about a deformed killer on the loose) was odd in the sense while it was called The Brute Man while the movie killer was referred to as "The Creeper", I guess it was one of those cases where the producer/director/screenwriter originally wanted to call it The Creeper, but that name was already taken.

Last edited by taranchula; 02-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #928
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

"The Chicken of Tomorrow"? I'm more than a little curious about this.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #929
taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
"The Chicken of Tomorrow"? I'm more than a little curious about this.
It was an education short from the 1950's or 60's, on how to properly run a commercial poultry farm or something of that nature.

Of course being an educational short from the 50's or 60's the production values are pretty how shall we say...sub par.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #930
taranchula

The show has really regained it's form in the seventh season, sure they're still some of those head scratching "How do they do that?" moments that the show is known for, but I rather have those then the head banging "Why did they do that?" moments that populated last season.