Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #901
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

At Home: Practical Magic

Last edited by antgirl1; 08-18-2007 at 03:30 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #902
floppynoodleson666
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Super bad

Hilarious movie, absolutely hysterical. It was dirty, clever, witty, loaded with sex stuff but a blast never the less. This movie kept the laughs right on coming and it's probably the best comedy of the entire summer.

No matter what anyone says or what you think you feel about this movie, GO SEE IT! It will be money well spent.
I want to see Superbad, I like that kid from Arrested Development. He is a funny jerk. And the two cops in the movie are funny fellows as well. I don't usually go see movies, but maybe I will actually go see this one.

Anyway; the movie I most recently watched from begining to end was Fried Green Tomatoes.
floppynoodleson666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #903
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Super bad

Hilarious movie, absolutely hysterical. It was dirty, clever, witty, loaded with sex stuff but a blast never the less. This movie kept the laughs right on coming and it's probably the best comedy of the entire summer.

No matter what anyone says or what you think you feel about this movie, GO SEE IT! It will be money well spent.
i'm seeing it on Wednesday.

The cops remind me of the ones in my town. You knew them all in high school so when they pull you over and they smell that not-quite-right stink they just say, "dude. Don't drive if your gonna do that!" and let you go.

I've had friends fail breathalizers and get let go
Old 08-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #904
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Also, this isn't really related to movies I've actually seen, but I can't believe they made an Underdog movie. It's like some elaborate, expensive joke without a punchline. There should be a disclaimer that says "Based off the cartoon (in name only)".
Yeah, I saw the trailer for Underdog before Ratatouille, and you're right, it does all look like one big elaborate joke...to borrow a quote from Malcolm in the Middle, "I'm beginning to question the whole talking dog genre."

At the very least, it can't possibly be worse than Cats and Dogs, a movie I found guilty of being grotesque (in the bad way) and mean-spirited as well as sickeningly stupid. It's been six long years and I still haven't quite gotten over the fact that I actually paid money to see that rancid litter box.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #905
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I meant to watch the Karate Kid yesterday but I got side tracked.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #906
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The Descent

One of the very few brilliant horror movies out there from the more modern movie age. Very simple, very well acted and brilliant uses of cinematogrophy, camera shots and stuff like that.

Very cool and effective monsters, and very VIOLENT too.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 AM   #907
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World
&
Harvie Krumpet

I was surprised how much I loved these two movies. Master & Commander is a movie I avoided for years because I thought it might be too boring. Now I wish I could go back in time and watch it on the big screen, which seems to be the only way to truly experience it. The fact that later that night I had a rather vivid dream about being a crewman on the HMS Surprise is a testament to how much I enjoyed watching this film. I say bring on a sequel, from what I hear there's plenty of material.

Harvie Krumpet is a short stop-motion tragicomedy narrated by Geoffrey Rush. This film is practically heartbreaking. It nearly had me in tears. The short films that accompany it are no slouches either. They're all creations of Adam Elliot but they ring with such truth that it makes you wonder if they're based on true stories. I can definitely see why this won the Academy for Best Animated Short in 2003.

Tonight I'll be watching Poseidon and Millions. I happen to love the original Poseidon Adventure ever since watching it in my lighthouse home last year. And I've enjoyed every Boyle film I've seen so far so Millions should be quite enjoyable.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #908
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
At the very least, it can't possibly be worse than Cats and Dogs, a movie I found guilty of being grotesque (in the bad way) and mean-spirited as well as sickeningly stupid. It's been six long years and I still haven't quite gotten over the fact that I actually paid money to see that rancid litter box.

I really liked Cats and Dogs. if it is the movie I am remembering, about the super villian mastermind cat in the tree facory set on making humans hate dogs,

I thunk it would have been better titled "A pup from C.H.U.M.P."

Mony
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #909
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
I really liked Cats and Dogs. if it is the movie I am remembering, about the super villian mastermind cat in the tree facory set on making humans hate dogs,

I thunk it would have been better titled "A pup from C.H.U.M.P."

Mony
Yeah, that's the one. No offence or anything, but that film just did my head in upon so many levels.

I agree wholeheartedly that "A Pup from C.H.U.M.P." would have made a better title - less misleading at any rate. I don't think that Leonard Maltin has ever spoken truer words than in his critique of this particular movie: "Cat lovers beware: top billing isn't everything."

I see no reason why dog people and cat people can't co-exist peacefully...however, I think the film's distortion of ancient Egyptian history to the former's favour really crossed a line. The greatest catharsis? To go home and read every comic strip at hand centred around Garfield kicking Odie off the table.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #910
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
however, I think the film's distortion of ancient Egyptian history to the former's favour really crossed a line.
I assume you are familiar with Bast (daughter of Ra)?
It is said that followers of Bast held cats sacred and at times Bast may be in the form of a cat. thus cats were treated better than the average person.

I could have gotten my mythology/religions mixed up but I think the cat scene yes warped was still based on some shred of truth, although that exact sceen is currently a blurr since its been over a year since I saw that flick last.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote