Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:25 PM   #71
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

I know! *wipes tears from eyes due to intence laughter* That was just so random.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #72
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
I had a silly dream the other night. It wasin't about Foster's, just the forum.

What happened was, I started a thread were you made up sims of who you imagined someone on the forum to look like, and then they would make up their own sim in return of what theay really looked like. Well, I thought it'd be cool to make up a sim of pitbulllady, just to show off what I imagined her to look. Well, pitbulllady writes back to me and she is really, really mad. Telling me that she was very insulted of what I pictured her to look like, and she specifically stated, "I look absolutly nothing like that, I'll have you know that I am a black woman." And that was it.

ROTFLMAO, big-time! It's so funny you said that, because I got a call a few weeks ago from a Black lady in Chicago who'd more or less "inherited" a Catahoula Leopard Dog from a recently-deceased relative, and was having a real handful with this 100+ pound dog that clearly had a mind of its own(as all Catahoulas do). After about 10 minutes into the conversation, she said that I was only the second "sister"(the other being herself)who had one of these dogs, and she was glad she'd called me. I had to tell her that I was as White as can be, pure Celtic if ever there was. She was quite startled to hear that, but she was dead-on in her explanation, saying, "I bet you were raised by a Black woman, though, weren't you?" She is quite correct, in that I WAS more or less raised by a Black woman, Lucille Muldrow, because my mother was a manic depressive who wanted very little to do with her kids. My only playmates(humans, anyway)besides my brother, who is mildly autistic, were local Black kids, mostly "Seal's" grandkids. I also have taught school in rural districts that are 70-98% Black, and live in a county that's 80% Black, so I guess that many of the phrases, speech patterns, and what-not have inevitably rubbed off on me, to the extent that I do sometimes fool people on the phone. The lady in Chicago and I wound up talking for a very long time, and she concluded the conversation by saying, "You may be White, but 'far as I'm concerned, you still a SISTAH!" I was touched, really, and felt honored that she felt that way about me.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #73
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

Wow, that is funny I had that dream! This reminds me of the other day at school, when my black friends said that I changed. I asked how, and they said that all of the suddon I've been talking ghetto, when I used to talk all perfect and proper. They said I changed for the better. Ha! I guess the ghetto, slang, kind of talk rubbed off from school on me!
The every kid.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #74
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

That is one of the coolest stories I have ever heard, pbl.

And I've seen pbl's hand once, in a photo of one of her tarantulas. That's it.

Okay I had a dream last night! Mine was also about the forum. I dreamt that some big company bought the forum - I do not remember what company; I suppose it would make sense to assume it was Cartoon Network; though quite frankly it may have been their parent company Time Warner - or it may have even been Mattel. Somebody who would gain from the success of the show. Let me explain what happened as best I can.

I dreamt that the staff of the forum got together (apparently we were all flown out to some corporate office - and it being a dream, I didn't actually "see" the faces of any of the staff I've never seen before, but I know we were all in the same room) with a lady from the company that had bought the forum. And she was giving us this "pitch" or motivational speech about how we should be running the discussions on the forum. Now that the forum was owned by them, they wanted us, as the staff, to actually start a minimum number of discussions on the forum per week, and not only that, but we were to STEER the discussions in certain directions, as would suit the company. Such as, for character discussions we had to make sure everyone liked the character, and episode discussions, we were to convince everyone that the ep was great (I'm not kidding). At one point I (myself in the dream) got angry and was complaining to this lady, that that wasn't why we HAD this forum; that the point was people coming and voicing their own opinions. It wasn't right for us to basically tell them what to talk about and what to think.

And then this lady started manipulating what I said and thought and got us ALL to the point where we were agreeing with her. Some sinister corporate mind-melding trick, I guess.

That's all I remember. It was creepy! I dreamt that we were all sucked into a corporate nightmare from which there was no escape!!

(I wish I could say "October Fool's!" or something, but I really had that dream.)

Last edited by Sparky; 10-14-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #75
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

HAHAHA! That right there, was hilarious!
The every kid.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:55 AM   #76
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Wow... just... wow, At least we got a free trip out of the deal.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:51 AM   #77
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I hope they fed us.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #78
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Corporations are too cheap to actually feed people. They probably just gave you a picture of food.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #79
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Sparky's dream sort of reminds me of that South Park ep where the characters go skiing in Aspen.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #80
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Bottom left corner of the forum, there's a dropdown menu. We have only a few skins right now but you can pick any of those you want at any time.
Thanks!
I had a dream last night about Bloo, Mac, Wilt & me hunting for Bigfoot. They were cartoony while I & everything else was real besides the characters. It gives me an idea for a fan fic! Frankie also appeared, I asked her if she wanted to come & she said no because she had a date.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote