Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #71
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

The problem with Goo, I think, is that the thing that made her interesting (although I don't necessarily think it made her dynamic) -- that she's really a lonely girl who creates IFs because she doesn't have human friends -- was more or less completely solved in the first episode she was in and has never been spoken of again. So now she's back to being a kid who talks too much, and not much else.

Also that they put her in whenever they can now, along with Cheese, and seeing even one of them constantly can get hard to stomach after a while.

Last edited by kageri; 10-04-2006 at 02:47 PM.
kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #72
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

"Hard to stomach" is a good phrase.
We're all lactose intolerant, so we can't handle Cheese.
We should eat things that are edible, so we shouldn't swallow Goo.
That was lame.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #73
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
The problem with Goo, I think, is that the thing that made her interesting (although I don't necessarily think it made her dynamic) -- that she's really a lonely girl who creates IFs because she doesn't have human friends -- was more or less completely solved in the first episode she was in and has never been spoken of again. So now she's back to being a kid who talks too much, and not much else.

Also that they put her in whenever they can now, along with Cheese, and seeing even one of them constantly can get hard to stomach after a while.
The lactose intolerent thing cracked me up.

Well, I think what would REALLY get Goo going would be this- what would Goo's reaction be if Mac suddenly (for some reason or another) used against her the fact that she had no real friends before him?? We already know from "Go Goo Go" that what Mac says can throw Goo into a tizzy.

I don't know; just an idea to bring the "lonely girl" aspect of her character back.

-Marty
Old 10-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #74
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Goo's former "I'm all by myself and hated by society" characteristic was what made her most unique, I think. And then she got friends and just became some really wierd kid who talks way too fast.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #75
Emma
Foster's Legend

Personally, I find the "I have no friends" story to be cliched and not have enough substance to carry a story arc for more than one episode...so I'm kind of glad they haven't gotten her back to angsting. I feel that her character was most effective in Bus the Two of Us. She didn't take up too much time with her jabber, she didn't wrestle with any other characters for the spotlight. She provided a good gag (in the form of Boy of Spotted-Tongue and Japanese Speakin' Bloo) and then she left without too much of splash. She was far more subtle in that episode than in any other I've seen her in. If they can manage to do that more often, I'd be able to tolerate her fine.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #76
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Yeah, that was a good little cameo. She and Cheese aren't characters you can have anything revolving around, there just isn't any depth! They work very well i nthe backgrounds, like Cheese in The Big PIcture was.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #77
bigdog
Newly Abandoned
The All-Out Fanatic  

Goo is my favorite because she is so much like me. The one thing that is different is that I can't even think as fast as Goo talks.
(Oh, and I'm a guy.)

Goo and I are both teased because of what other people believe a girl and a guy should be. They aren't open to the 'bright' differences that make us unique.
But they are perfectly fine with other kinds of people.

I have also been accused of being 'fake.' But I'm truly happy and intensely passionate about almost everything I do.

Goo is not 1 demensional at all. She is what your imagination makes her. Not what Craig McCracken uses her for.

Cheers to Goo! For standing up and proclaiming 'I'm a happy person. In a world that is full of sad and kind of sad people.'

Last edited by bigdog; 10-11-2006 at 04:21 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:04 AM   #78
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Goo is my favorite because she is so much like me. The one thing that is different is that I can't even think as fast as Goo talks.
(Oh, and I'm a guy.)

Goo and I are both teased because of what other people believe a girl and a guy should be. They aren't open to the 'bright' differences that make us unique.
But they are perfectly fine with other kinds of people.

I have also been accused of being 'fake.' But I'm truly happy and intensely passionate about almost everything I do.

Goo is not 1 demensional at all. She is what your imagination makes her. Not what Craig McCracken uses her for.

Cheers to Goo! For standing up and proclaiming 'I'm a happy person. In a world that is full of sad and kind of sad people.'

I've not seen enough episodes with Goo in but I endorse everything you say. Personally I find my own brain goes up and down between Goo at the top and Marvin the paranoid android at the bottom. It's fun at the top but annoying having to deal with all the silliness it creates when you start coming down again. Theres nothing fake about it, just neurochemistry I suppose.

You and Goo are cool. Not quite sure what Craig McCracken uses her for, though.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:22 AM   #79
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post

Amen to that.

Thank you for explaining how she is what your imagination makes her. I mean, she is used for what Craig wants her for, but the reason she seems so one-demensional is because there is open room for imagination. It's in her personality, and it's how she seems.

Good for you.

-Marty
Old 10-25-2006, 09:20 PM   #80
T-Rexotron
Newly Abandoned
a film by mac  

I caertainly agree that Goo is NOT 1 Dimensional.
But she gets used in many episodes and with her formerly being a extra char,
it might look like she is being overused, but trough season four she deserved a spot at the list of main characters, but everyone is still used of her being a side character,or at least I am.
Maybe I'm not the right guy to tell you this, since i did not saw any episodes of season four, but i do think Craig could use Goo a little bit less...
Just a little bit

Mac: "I AM a nerd"
T-Rexotron is offline   Reply With Quote