Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #71
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Evereyone deserves a second chance, don't judge her entire existance on one episode forever.
Not everyone. I don't mean him specifically, although he certainly comes to mind immediately. I agree about Mac's mom, though; I hate what she did in "House Of Bloo's", but I've never seen her as the ogress that many others make her out to be.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-17-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #72
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I do believe people deserve a second chance, regardless of anything that person has done, it is not your job to mark them for life as something they did or said. If the person betrays again or does something bad again, then the trust is gone forever.

But I think the option for get a second try should always be available. "Batman Beyond" had the main guy Terry had this friend named Charlie, a theif who was once Terry's best friend gets out of jail and begs Terry to help him out. Terry does seeing as how they were friends.

Charlie goes right back to stealing, trust is gone forever, and we see Charlie is a crook through and through....but at least Terry had the decency to offer someone who didn't deserve it, a second chance. Its important to have. I still just am shocked that 1 episode still leaves this image of Mac's Mom to everyone.

I really never got that memo.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #73
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Nope. Some offenses are inexcusable. You do it once, you're done. I won't bother citing real-world examples; the list is far too long, and everybody knows the names anyway. And whether it is my job to judge them or not is irrelevant. It's human nature to judge others. Everyone does it. It may not be right by one standard of ethics or another, but that's how it is.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-17-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #74
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I think people judging other people are inevitable, but I don't think "that's how it is" covers everything in terms of basics of what's right to forgive and what's not and all that jazz.

I do agree with you on some things are inexcusable, though I don't believe that what Mac's mom said is one of those things. I think this might be getting off topic tho.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:49 PM   #75
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Probably is. But again, I agree about Mac's mom. I've said this before, but I still think that giving up one's IF, voluntarily or otherwise, is a cultural tradition of the Foster's universe. We have our own such traditions, some just as vile, in the real world. They make absolutely no sense, and are often evil by any reasonable definition of the word, but people follow them anyway. Mac's mom is not bad, in that sense, just tradition-bound.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #76
Voxxyn
Banned

I, too, think that some people are taking their dislike of Mac's Mom way too far. She's not heartless!

It'd be nice if Frankie confronted her, but I really doubt she would "angrily yell" and "chew her out" like some people her said. I think Frankie would instead have a civilized chat with her, in which she would try to get Mac's Mom to understand her and the Foster's stance on IFs... and maybe--just maybe--convince her to allow Bloo to stay at the apartment with Mac once in a while.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-17-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #77
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Yeah, I think people are seeing as the meeting between Frankie and Mac's Mom as some sort of wrestling match over morals and how to raise Mac or something. It really isn't that critical considering how good Mac's Mom seems to be to Mac.

I think the tradition thing is more plausible then this heartless mom bit. She seemed decent and caring for her son during "Infernal Slumber", I think her issue with Bloo was because she felt Mac was getting too old and needed to move on.

I don't think she harbers a personal loathing for IFs or Bloo (Unless he did something isanely BAD to piss her off to high hell and force her to boot him out, but that's another story). I think she just wanted her son to not be picked on.

She seems concerned for Mac every time I've seen her with him, just like when she sounded freaked when Mac confessed he was upset at not having any underwear for Christmas. She sounded really concerned he felt so broken.

Plus she got him everything he wanted (he even said it), the issue was the Santa thing and that's another case. The point was, she cared enough to buy him everything he wanted and cared that he seemed upset at Christmas.

Doesn't sound that harsh or vile of a mom to me.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #78
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I hate to point it out but the truth is that some of us, who think about a parent making her kid basically throw their IF out, might think differently if we were born and raised in the universe Foster's takes place in. If you know what I mean.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:32 AM   #79
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I hate to point it out but the truth is that some of us, who think about a parent making her kid basically throw their IF out, might think differently if we were born and raised in the universe Foster's takes place in. If you know what I mean.
You couldn't have said it better, Sparky.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #80
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
That's a BIG IF considering what a drastic and incredibly large difference their world is from ours.