Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #741
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

don't you think it's better this way, though?
Old 02-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #742
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
>.< what're you trying to say!?
Nothing, but elsewhere there's 80% Wilt stuff but here probably the most popular Foster(is the main discussion) place he's # 2 in post count? That's weird, like soemone trying to sabotage Wilt. Ok I', posting for Wilt now.

On topic now, I think Wilt inherited alot from Jordan unlike Bloo who is the opposite of Mac. See, Jordan & Wilt are nice, say sorry even though no one's been offended yet, & theyr'e both great at BB. (Although that's why Wilt was imagined)

Does that make up for my previous post? Sorry, if I somehow offended you Wilt super-fans. (I term I use for fanatics of any thing or person not just you people)

Wow, that was alot of making up to do.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #743
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Nothing, but elsewhere there's 80% Wilt stuff but here probably the most popular Foster(is the main discussion) place he's # 2 in post count? That's weird, like soemone trying to sabotage Wilt. Ok I', posting for Wilt now.

On topic now, I think Wilt inherited alot from Jordan unlike Bloo who is the opposite of Mac. See, Jordan & Wilt are nice, say sorry even though no one's been offended yet, & theyr'e both great at BB. (Although that's why Wilt was imagined)

Does that make up for my previous post? Sorry, if I somehow offended you Wilt super-fans. (I term I use for fanatics of any thing or person not just you people)

Wow, that was alot of making up to do.

oh, dude, I'm sorry if I made you think that you offended me or anyone else!
I just wanted to know what you meant is all.
I just got a bit aggressive.
^.^ sorry!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #744
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

No not just you making all the Wilt fans angry. Gnaaaral *Pulls collar*

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #745
AprilDawn
Settling In
"I need...PIZZA!!"  

Send a message via AIM to AprilDawn Send a message via Yahoo to AprilDawn

Well, I cant be offended so dont worry.
Although he is my fave character, Im not a crazed fangirl who attacks those who dont worship him. And that was NOT a stab at anyone inparticular. Im too new here to know any better anyway!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #746
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDawn View Post
I find it odd so many people like Wilt. I would have thought Bloo would hold a majority of the love... Oh well!
One of the things I've noticed is that Wilt fans and Frankie fans tend to be rather sharply divided along gender lines, lol! The majority of Wilt's fans are female, while the majority who list Frankie as their favorite character are male; no real surprise for either case, given the natural appeal those characters have for the opposite gender. Bloo's fans, on the other hand, tend not so much to be attracted to him for the reasons that Wilt and Frankie fans are attracted to their respective characters. Bloo fans tend to be younger(there are, of course, exceptions) and gravitate towards his more chaotic personality. Bloo is about having fun, by any means necessary, and he's NOT about rules and responsibility, so he appeals more to younger fans who see him as another kid, who gets by with things that they wish THEY could get by with. Wilt and Frankie represent adults, who are about rules and following directions and always being responsible, so they appeal more to older fans. Among the students I teach, who range in age from grade four to grade eight, I've noticed that most of the younger one like Bloo best, and don't care for Wilt at all, then as they get older, I start to see more and more female students who like Wilt, and by grade eight, there are a lot who are all-out Wilt fangirls, in every respect, while the guys still, for the most part, like Bloo best. What few male fans he has at my school like him only because he plays basketball. More than a few hate him outright because he's red, and red represents the colors of the Bloods, and many of the guys at my school are either wannabe or full members of the Crips, but I have to say that is a rather unusual circumstance that probably-HOPEFULLY-does not represent a real cross-section of culture elsewhere.

One of the reasons I believe that there are more posts in the Frankie discussion is because Frankie is a HUMAN character, so her fans do not feel as intimidated about admitting their feelings for her, or of finding her attractive. Wilt is an Imaginary Friend, and many people still think of him as little more than an animal, like a dog or a cow, something greatly inferior to a human. I've certainly seen it strongly expressed elsewhere that for a human to find him attractive would be sick and wrong, more or less equal to beastiality, so I would guess that a lot of fans who DO find him attractive won't admit to it, for fear of ridicule, and becaue they're still struggling with whether or not it's right to feel that way about a character who isn't human.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #747
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I remember that person who went on about how a relationship between a friend and a human was wrong on the FF.net forum, because she thought that Imaginary Friends were inferior to humans. That had got to be the biggest debate I have EVER been in XD.

I find Wilt attractive. I'm not in love with him, like most fans who find charcaters attractive, but I think he is terribly good looking. But I can understand where you're coming from on that one. Some people find hard to admit that they find ANY kind of cartoon character attractive, human or... thing, afraid that they would end up being called dorks or nerds or geeks or whatever, because people immediatly asume that they fancy (have a crush on) the character.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #748
AprilDawn
Settling In
"I need...PIZZA!!"  

Send a message via AIM to AprilDawn Send a message via Yahoo to AprilDawn

PBL: True, I suppose I can see why frankie has the most comments being she is human and being we are all human, maybe those who talk in her thread can relate more to her and have more to talk about.
I also noticed after skimming though a lot of Wilts pages here that Good Wilt Hunting brought up many of the comments leading to his excess in pages. Oh well! I dont mind.
And seriously. Beastiality? Oh my god. Some people just want to start arguments over nothing. Imaginary friends arent animals! But whatever. Im not in love with any of them, so I dont really care.

Vampyre: Thats exactly how I feel! He is attractive. And when I say that, I mean in every way. I am attracted to him because of the character he is. He is so sweet and all, that its hard not to be on the edge of my seat every time I see an episode, waiting to see him and smile at his mannerisms.
He is not the funniest character, yet he is still my fave! I guess that is why I also love Bloo. If he were "real" I would probably hate him because of the kind of friend he is, but he always there for a laugh.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #749
Voxxyn
Banned

I think there's nothing wrong at all with finding Wilt attractive. He's infinitely worthier than many 'hunky' human male characters I've seen. My personal attraction to Frankie goes far deeper than just her looks.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #750
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Yeah, much of Bloo's fanbase is young kids, but there are also people like me who aren't attracted to him (same with Mac), or really any of the other characters. Although I guess I do like him for the same reasons wee tots do.

Also, as PBL said, Wilt and Frankie appeal to adults and teenage guys/girls, meaning most of Wilt's and Frankie's fans happen to be the two groups that also make up most of the Internet's users, so they get more visibility in the Foster's fandom.