Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:06 PM   #61
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Yeah, I get what you're saying. There are other types that I've found attractive. But there's just something about the sorta shy outsider geek types. It just really gets me right there.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #62
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

The kind of guys I like can vary, but from just looking at my own list I made, I apparently like some really tough guys. Anyone who can fight it looks like. That kind of surprises me because I don't view myself as that kind of person. How strange.
You know what else I think is odd. If you look up top hot cartoon characters on yahoo, all you get is a bunch of guys talking about the cartoon women that they like. It's not easy to find a list of top male cartoon characters. Why is that?

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #63
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I've noticed that as well. I don't have a good explanation for it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:28 AM   #64
Voxxyn
Banned

There is one fansite I know which is devoted to love/attraction of cartoon characters. There is a page in which they can see a long list which shows people's cartoon crushes with explanations, which the site refers to as "harems". All users are free to create their own "harem" page listing their favorite cartoon guys/girls.

Many of the harems and members on that site's forum are females who talk about their favorite animated guys(mainly anime), but there are males as well. In fact, it's one of the friendliest communities I've ever known.

Here's the link... and don't let the name fool you, it's for all ages.

(I really should become active there again... I actually have an old harem there, which was before I fell in love with Frankie...)
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #65
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

Wow, that page has everything. Even my childhood crushes. Ashitaka has a nice little page on there .
I didn't see Foster's though.

<Click!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #66
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I've seen that page too, it's pretty good with it's wide variety of toons to adore, though the site seems to be missing the "heart" of real attraction from one person to a toon. But that's just me. I wanted to say this while it's fresh in my mind, I just left a lunch table at my university near some girls.

Behind me, I heard the girls discussing a situation that was occuring with a guy that was really into one girl and this same girl already had a boyfriend. The funny thing is, alot of her sentences usually ended up having the words "get wasted" and "slept with him" attached to it.

I listened to this girl talk how obsessive this guy was and made his attraction to her was something so casually passive, she didn't even register any kind of empathy towards this guy. Now I can't say for sure I know the whole story being just a simple eavesdropper, but I still got quite a big visual aid.

It's situations like these that I actually slap myself in the face and remind myself just why I am attracted to toon girls in the first place: they are NOT that cold or careless about things as serious as affection and most of all, sex. My personal view on sex is that it's something very, very sacred.

It's something I wouldn't do unless it was with someone I cared for deeply, but hearing this conversation, it just made me ill to hear someone toss it around so flippantly and have such a bleak view on someone's feelings for her. You never would hear a toon doing something as cold as this.

I've seen so many TV shows my brain practically has become a TV show, and I can't recall one toon be it anime or american made that has ever stacked up such a vulgar, careless display of things as critical as sex and love in my live. That's cause toons aren't as infatuated with sex, drugs, and etc.

They are simple and that is one of the things that I've fallen in love with, their simplicity. There are no dark doors hidden in their lives, there are no addictions, or unfaithfil misdeeds lurking in their closets. They have a powerful sense of morality, one that seems to be vacant in alot of people.

They have a sense of decency and honesty. Some people may consider that sappy or kiddish, I see it as something to admire, to respect, and most of all, to cherish. Frankie and Dylan are a perfect example of how decent, good natured people compare to sleaze bags who take love so carelessly.

I'd give both my arms and legs to spend one date with someone as decent as say Gadget from rescue rangers, or Misty from Pokemon, or Lola Bunny from Looney Toons. Because I assure you, that one date would be more honest, more truthful, and more sincere then a million dates with women I've actually dated.

It disgusts me to think that such shallow people continue to destroy and taint something as beautiful and wonderful as love in our world, and it also makes me happy to know that while I may never hold Frankie in my arms or taste her kiss, I have at least one bit of honest affection to look back on fondly.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #67
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

That was truly beautiful Mr. M. Thank you. Nothing I can say can add to that. All I can say is that I agree with you completely.

<Click!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #68
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Because I assure you, that one date would be more honest, more truthful, and more sincere then a million dates with women I've actually dated.
Damn brother! You sure know a lot of women!

seriously, though, are all the chicks at my school either gnarly or mean? What gives?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #69
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Lucky you. I've never even had a date. Too scared to pipe up and say something to most people.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #70
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Damn brother! You sure know a lot of women!
No, what I mean by "millions" I mean by millions of dates, not women. As in, I would rather have a single date with a toon then get a chance to have millions of dates with any RL girl I know personally.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote