Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #651
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Hollywood, for their own reasons, felt that adapting everything, from books, cartoons, comics and recently, even commercials (ie The Cavemen Show) would become big hits.

It seems that to them, original ideas are beneath them.

Last edited by emperor26; 10-04-2007 at 05:48 PM.
emperor26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #652
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
What the-? WHY would people give you the finger, just randomly, for passing by? I hear a lot from foreigners about how New Zealand's really friendly, but pass it off as them just making a random compliment. But if people in other countries will flip you off just for BEING there, then maybe we ARE especially friendly. Which would be sad.
heh...i'm guilty of that.

But its not so much foreigners as it is people from NYC and New Jersey, but they deserve it.

example: Lake George is the local tourist town and also there's a place called Pizza Jerks thats open until 3 AM or so, which is where everyone hangs out in the summer. I'm headed into the Village and its JAM PACKED with out-of-towners. Rude, obnoxious, arrogant, pencil-necked dweeb out-of-towners. Traffic is backed up at a 4-way stop. I am right behind a Suburban, which can't turn right because this MORON in a Lexus is slowly backing up to allow a massive green Barbie Dream Truck (F-250 iirc) to parallel park...yep, New Jersey plates...this moron in the Lexus can't back up any farther without hitting the Suburban (the poor Suburban had actually started to back up a little but had stopped because he realized it was RIDICULOUS to accomodate this idiot) the Lexus backs up and parks in the crosswalk zone. At this point the fat, short woman (and i use the term loosley) gets out of the car and looks at the Suburban and screams, "could you back the f*** up so this guy can park?" gesturing to the idiot in the F-250 waiting to parallel park.

So i put the Impala in park, step out, and look at this woman. I do not look friendly. I am wearing a beat-up leather jacket, tinted Aviators, a ratty old Led Zeppelin t-shirt and a tight, tight, tight pair of Levi boot-cuts that go nicely with my combat boots. I point at the lady and scream, "you can't park in the f****** crosswalk you dumn c***, that's f****** illegal you GD NYC b****, f****** move your GD f****** POS Lexus out of this guys MF'ing way before i rip off your f****** head and shove it up your f****** a**!"

she got back in her car and the Suburban bullied its way past the idiot in the F-250

i HATE New York City
Old 10-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #653
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Watch the language.

The upstairs neighbors were at it again earlier, determined as ever to share their music with me whether I like it or not. After several taps on the ceiling and a couple of shouts to turn it down, they stomped on the floor and turned it up. Out come the police again, who told them to turn it down, and they did, for maybe five minutes. This time, however, the police hung around and waited for them to do that, caught them, and told them point-blank to knock it off. I was told that if they do it again, call, and next time there will be a fine. Score one for me.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #654
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Watch the language.

The upstairs neighbors were at it again earlier, determined as ever to share their music with me whether I like it or not. After several taps on the ceiling and a couple of shouts to turn it down, they stomped on the floor and turned it up. Out come the police again, who told them to turn it down, and they did, for maybe five minutes. This time, however, the police hung around and waited for them to do that, caught them, and told them point-blank to knock it off. I was told that if they do it again, call, and next time there will be a fine. Score one for me.
(chalks one up)

Old 10-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #655
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

EA Games, Sony, spyware, rootkits, SecuROM, and reformatting.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #656
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
  • people who use the word "gay" to describe anything they find unfavorable
  • bad fanfiction/roleplaying
  • when teenage girls let out simultaneous, earsplitting screams for no real reason
  • bigots
  • etc., etc., etc.
This pretty much covers it, especially the first one. I find it so narrowed minded and offensive, even though I'm not gay. Story: Yesterday, the other aide for the teacher I'm an aide for seventh period gave two boys detention for something and was going to make them wirte the following sentence: "I will not call people or things 'gay.'" I had to thank her-- I hate when people say that to mean stupid!!!!

Everything else pretty much does it, although I do want to add irritating voices to the list (someone said that already, but I don't remember who...)

P.S. Sorry I butchered your post, kageri-- I didn't want to quote the whole thing, just parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor26 View Post
Hollywood, for their own reasons, felt that adapting everything, from books, cartoons, comics and recently, even commercials (ie The Cavemen Show) would become big hits.

It seems that to them, original ideas are beneath them.
Sorry for putting two posts right next to each other, but add this to my list, too. While I love the occassional adaptation, some things are best left alone. (I've heard that The Cavemen Show isn't doing too well in the ratings. Anyone know any numbers? Or surprised by this? <Forgive my sarcasm-- I'm feeling a little cranky right now, but I don't know why? >

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-10-2007 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #657
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

the fact that i dont have any money. but that annoys me alot of the time. also that i dont own a wii. alot of nice games on it (like twilight princess)
Old 10-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #658
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Construction. On every street.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #659
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
When teenage girls let out simultaneous, earsplitting screams for no real reason
I hate that too. So friggin' schreechy...

For example this happened to me in school a few years ago:

Me: (eating lunch quietly; was in a bad mood)
n00b Girl:OMG!11!shift! (to me) Didja see that cute boy??!shift1!!?
Me:...No. I'm eating my lunch and not staring at people, you dumb crap for brains-
(the supposed 'cute boy' passes by; n00b Girl shrieks with glee)
n00b Girl: OMGOMGOMGAHHH! I SAW HIM!!
(n00b Girl looks at me as if expecting a response; I slowly chew and swallow my food. After I do so, I face her, really pissed off.)
Me: You even think about yelling in my ear again, and I swear I will toss you out an open window.
(n00b Girl stares for a brief second, then shrugs and walks off to talk to some other girl.)

If I hear any girl yell like that again, I'll really give 'em something to scream about. (Before people flame me, I'm a girl BTW.)

Last edited by Nyo; 10-10-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #660
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

That sounds disturbingly familiar...

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-15-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Old typo goes bye-bye.