Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #51
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Ugh, just my luck -- I went to one of two McDonald's locations in my city, and the one that was still open (and closer to where I work) is NOT doing the CN promotion, according to what I saw on the drive-thru display. If I have time, I'll check the other location the next day.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #52
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
BK Bloo v.s. McDonald's Bloo!
IMO the McDonald's Bloo looks cooler than the BK Bloo...
Old 09-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #53
KF
Newly Abandoned

Whoo! I just went yesterday and got a Bloo! How lucky!
KF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #54
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I just stopped by the other location, and even though they only had the Jake Spidermonkey (My Gym Partner's a Monkey) toy, at least the one that's closest to my house is selling the CN toys. I'll check back Monday to try to get Bloo or Wilt.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #55
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Apparently my family went to McDonald's today while I was at work, and my sister just gave me the Bloo pencil thingy that she got. She's like, "You'll get more use out of this than I will."
Old 09-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #56
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Got 'em, but not before going 0 for 1. See, when I went to the older McDonald's that's closer to my house, they sold out the Bloo and Wilt toys (there's the 0 for 1 part). Darn! After getting off of work this evening, I decided to go inside the newer location (nearest to where I work). They did have the toys, and I purchased both the Bloo and Wilt ones. I'd have to agree that these look a bit better than what Burger King had in the spring of 2006.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #57
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

*sigh* I had a frustrating day. Got up early, did my makeup, got dressed in some of my "finer" clothes, and went to get my driver's license renewed. Only to find out the DMV is closed on Mondays. I did all that for nothing. And now still have the fun of standing in long lines and dealing with the typical turmoil of DMVs to look forward to. Fun fun.

But with this extra time to spare, I went to a Mc's which was near the DMV, hoping to snag one of the Foster's toys. Hungry, I actually ordered a Happy Meal, and asked if I could get the Bloo toy with it. They said "Sure!", and I was a happy camper. But when they gave it to me, it was the "Bull Shark" toy (from Gym Partner), which happens to be blue. I pointed out the mistake, and they said that "the shark" is all they have, and she apologized in thinking that's what I meant when I said "Bloo". Ugh, I don't even watch Gym Partner. Oh well, I figured it might still be a fun toy, so I took it.

Later, on my way home I stopped by another Mc's near my complex and tried again. Again, ordered a Happy Meal and requested, this time specifically, the "Blooregard Wacky Writer" toy. The lady said they didn't have those any more, and showed me what they did have. Just so happens the only two toys they had were the Gym Partner toys. Ugh again, but since I already had Bull, I took Jake. She mentioned something about having to get rid of them before they can give away any others. I thought maybe that meant that they had some Foster's toys, but weren't allowed to put them in the Happy Meals until the Gym Partner ones were gone. So I offered to pay extra just for a Foster's toy. But she said again that they didn't have any more. She was actually very nice, and in being sure I understood the situation she explained how it worked. Each toy is marked with a number. The Gym Partner toys were #3 and #4. And there are only two numbers in each shipment of toys. Does anyone remember the numbers on the baggies the Foster's toys were in? Because I'm wondering, if they were out of them, maybe the Foster's ones were #1 and #2, and were in their first shipment. And unfortunately, if the promo says "While supplies last", they probably only get one shipment of each. But then, the numbers may not even matter, especially if they aren't coming in order. Hmm, I just don't know. I'm just thinking I have little chance at finding a Foster's toy now. I waited too long.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #58
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Yeah. when I visited the McD's closest to my address, all they had was Bull (the shark). I was surprised to find out that the other location had what I was looking for. Huzzah! Your only chance to get the toys is to go to another city with a McDonald's to see if they have them, or to see if someone's selling them off of eBay. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 AM   #59
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Yeah, I'm still trying to find Wilt. Tomarrow I'll find out if they have him now. XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #60
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Does anyone remember the numbers on the baggies the Foster's toys were in?
I looked at one of my still-bagged BK toys and I didn't see any numbers.

edit: And now that you guys are talking about the toys in the thread that was originally just for talking about the drivethrough sign, I am merging this thread with the toy one.

edit #2: I also made the thread title simpler so people will be able to find it if say, they do a search for "Happy Meal" or whatever.

Last edited by Sparky; 09-11-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote