Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:22 PM   #581
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Angry

Okay, it seems that uninstalling and reinstalling the game has done nothing to stop the crash problem, which of late has been getting worse. I am therefore suspending play until such time as I can figure out what is causing the problem and how to fix it, but to be honest I'm just about out of ideas. I'll do what I can but at this point what I really need, aside from a full reformat, is a computer wizard in the West Hartford area who knows the game and has the time to deal with this. I don't care what it costs. You know one, put me in contact with him. This has to stop while I still have a few shreds of sanity left.

Anyone suggesting that I take my system to Best Buy will have their post deleted. I'm not kidding.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-31-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #582
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I'm so sorry to hear that Cass. I can actually feel your frustration radiating through the computer waves. Do you have Geek Squad out there, or something like it? I haven't used them personally, but I've heard a number of good things about them. I don't know if they'd have any concrete knowledge about the Sims game though. Maybe they could direct you to someone who'd be more of an expert on the game itself. Or maybe there's an individual employed with them who happens to know a lot about games, including that one. It's worth a try. Sorry I can't be of much more help. Good luck.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:18 PM   #583
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

We have them and they're useless. I have tried to use them several times; they charge too much, take far too long, and produce no positive results. "Well we spent a week looking at it but can't figure out what the problem is. Here's your bill." Never again.

As I type this I am examining my downloads folder on my main system, weeding out some things I don't need. I'm looking for one item in particular that concerns me but I haven't found it yet. I doubt that deleting it will make any difference but it'll make me feel better.

Edit - Item found and deleted.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-31-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #584
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Also, the Sims 3 is now available for preorder on Amazon. The base game is $49.99, the deluxe version is $69.99. Based on what I've read the game is too good to pass up. As with the Sims 2, I'll let Fairlight and co. deal with the built-in malware.
I think I'm going to skip Sims 3; I love the Sims 2, but it crashes a lot for no reason and I don't get to play it very often (just during summer when I have no school). I've already invested a lot in it (who could forget when my friends and I agreed in eighth grade that we'd each buy an expansion pack, and we'd all chip in for the base game... it was fun for the two years it lasted).

It sounds like fun, though, and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Maybe I can be a character (in my Dr Pepper shirt awesomeness)!!!

-Marty
Old 09-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #585
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Smile Season Three Premiere

Foster's Valley: "Welcome to Paradise"

Twikkii Island:

A warm and sunny realm where summer never ends, filled with the scents of sea and sand, a carefree place of grand hotels, friendly residents, and the promise of both relaxation and adventure, a wondrous land where one may forget one's troubles, both real and imaginary. The wreckage of an old pirate vessel lies here, and the the ruins of an ancient civilization dot the landscape. For the less adventurous the island holds many shops and restaurants, and of course there are beaches of white sands and sparkling surf. Rumor has it that the island is haunted, too, haunted by the ghost of a vengeful sea captain, doomed to aimlessly wander the island, angrilly calling out for his "Little Buddy". Among the many hotels is the fabulous Twikkii Hilton:

As seen from the hotel's lagoon:

Again, as seen from the lagoon:

It is here that Frankie Foster arrived just before noon on Friday the 12th, finally getting a well-deserved and long-overdue break from her job. First order of business is checking in:

"Do you have a reservation?" asked the missing link bellhop.
"I do. The name is Foster."
The bellhop checked the books. "Ah, yes, here it is. Frankie Foster, room for one, non-smoking." He looked at her. "You're the woman from that cartoon, right? The one Cartoon Network did about your grandmother's foster home for Imaginary friends?"
Frankie smiled. "Yeah, I'm her, and I'll tell you, I'm glad to get away from there for a week. I love my job but I need a break so bad."
"What's Bendy really like?"
"You saw his episode, right?"
"Uh-huh."
"He's like that, only worse."
"And whatever happened to Red?"
"He was adopted by a kid who's father was a botanist. Nice family. Which is my room?"
"224, top of the stairs and on your left. Has a balcony and a lovely view of the beach. Sign here, please." Frankie signed in:

And with that, her vacation was officially underway.
"Checkout is at noon, Ms. Foster, and our house restaurant is open 24/7, as is room service. Should you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."
"Okay, thanks, um...?"
"Marty."
Okay, Marty, and thanks again!" With that Frankie headed upstairs to unpack and dress in her favorite outfit:

Dressed and ready to relax and unwind, Frankie headed out to the balcony, eager to check out the view that Marty had spoken of:

It was indeed quite a view. She smiled, wondering what else she might see here. Plenty of time for sightseeing, she thought, but first things first, namely a post-flight shower and a hearty meal in the house restaurant. Someone would cook for her for a change, and housekeeping would handle the cleaning. Her smile grew wider at that thought. She was feeling better already.

She didn't know it but here in this island paradise, something extraordinary was going to happen. Something that would change her life - and the Foster's fandom - forever...

(To be continued...)

Last edited by Cassini90125; 09-28-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Spelling error corrected.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #586
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Ooh, I wonder what will happen to Frankie. Hopefully, she doesn't run into that ghost captain.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #587
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Pure awesomeness! I really like that hotel, I'm sure she'll be comfy and content there. Very pretty location, too.

Nah, the ghost isn't going to bother Frankie. I hope not anyway. I hope she has a splendid beyond splendid vacation. And I look forward to the continuation. Yay!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #588
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Wow, what a beautiful place for Frankie's vacation. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #589
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

How I envy Frankie right now. That resort looks simply heavenly. I hope everything works out for her.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #590
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Dun dun dun....Only time will tell...
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote