Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #521
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Hi all! n00b here, can someone post pics of Frankie in her dress? I missed that epi and from what i hear i totally missed out here
Old 11-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #522
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

during Good Wilt Hunting, when those nerds saw Frankie in "nerdvision" i was like, "HOW DID THEY GET IN MY HEAD?????" LOL!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #524
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

As Homer Simpson would probably say:

"Mmmmmmm Frankie"

Honestly, those pics are MEGA gaa gaa drooling stuff. It's no wonder Frankie's got such a geekish following both on the boards AND in "Good Wilt Hunting". (Btw, don't take the use of the term geek as an insult, I myself am a Frankie geek and dam proud of it).

But back to Frankie, I just got finished watching Foster's movie and I was SO SO SOOOOO happy to see Frankie getting a pretty decent sized role. Even though she was flustered left and right with everyone's singing (that was just cute, you gotta admit it ).

And she got tickets left and right, I loved Frankie in here and I think the nerds obsessing over her was a delightful surprise. I'd like to think that's a comical nudge to us drooling over the lovely Miss Foster 24/7 on these threads, and if so, THANK YOU very much Craig!

I loved every minute of it.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-25-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:05 AM   #525
Voxxyn
Banned

I'll be honest, the nerd characters provoked some mixed reactions from me. I freaking HATED them when I first saw GWH. They do become more tolerable on repeat viewings, and have some funny moments.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful blowhard who takes offense to the show winking at it's fans, but if they were meant as a parody of us Frankie fans... then that's not something that would make me happy. I'm in love with Frankie, and could easily be considered a geek and/or nerd. But my personality is VERY DIFFERENT from that of Douglas and Adam.

Like I've said before, I'm shy and introverted. These guys were very bold and "forward", and openly trying to woo Frankie, which I'd be too scared to do. And their infatuation with Frankie didn't seem to be sincere at all; as if they were only interested in her, uh, "surface" traits. Anyone who's read my posts on this thread clearly knows that I think there's far more to Frankie than just her looks.

That said, Frankie's face at the very end of GWH when she "pets" and then shoves the nerds off-screen was just awesome. She has some of the best facial expressions ever.

And on a different GWH note, I still think Frankie comforting and boosting up Foul Larry's broken spirit at the end(right before the final scene with the nerds) was nothing short of sweet and adorable.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:14 AM   #526
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Well being someone who's a fan of many shows and movies that are continuously parodied through out the universe (such as Pokemon, Godzilla and Teen Titans), as they say during those comedy roasts "we only roast the ones we love". Or in this case, it's a tribute none the less.

It may be protrayed in a possible negative way, the fact is it's still a reference to the fact that people see Frankie for the sweetie and heart warming guy charmer that she is. The fact that Mac (who Bloo rudefully classified a nerd anyway) and the pizza geek from "Frankie my dear" also kinda ties into this.

The fact is, you don't have to like how the geeks acted nor take it as a jab as in how us Frankie fans actually are. But merely embrace the fact that something we started or gotten into has become something millions of people can now see. I'm happy knowing Foster's world is still paying attention to Frankie.

While that attention but be unwanted by Frankie or just unwanted from whose giving that attention doesn't change the fact her star is shining a bit brighter then usual. I always laugh at any parody or little jab at something I like or I know of, simply because I know deep down, it's all in good fun.

So while we may find Adam (and I forget the other geek's name) behavior distasteful, it shows they have good taste at least . Frankie's reaction to them was great, reminded me of how Mas and Menos from Teen Titans reacted to Starfire. Their reactions as well as Starfire's was very similar.

Also as far as being "shy" vs. "forward". Take this as a pleasant wink to us instead of a negative one, it shows Frankie obviously isn't into the forward geeks or anyone forward for that matter. It shows she's not a glory hog and definitely leaves her heart door open wide for us .

Heh.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-26-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #527
xxelex
Newly Abandoned

*raises hand*
i think she works way to hard around the house and should get way more breaks
Old 11-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #528
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Well being someone who's a fan of many shows and movies that are continuously parodied through out the universe (such as Pokemon, Godzilla and Teen Titans), as they say during those comedy roasts "we only roast the ones we love". Or in this case, it's a tribute none the less.

It may be protrayed in a possible negative way, the fact is it's still a reference to the fact that people see Frankie for the sweetie and heart warming guy charmer that she is. The fact that Mac (who Bloo rudefully classified a nerd anyway) and the pizza geek from "Frankie my dear" also kinda ties into this.

The fact is, you don't have to like how the geeks acted nor take it as a jab as in how us Frankie fans actually are. But merely embrace the fact that something we started or gotten into has become something millions of people can now see. I'm happy knowing Foster's world is still paying attention to Frankie.

While that attention but be unwanted by Frankie or just unwanted from whose giving that attention doesn't change the fact her star is shining a bit brighter then usual. I always laugh at any parody or little jab at something I like or I know of, simply because I know deep down, it's all in good fun.

So while we may find Adam (and I forget the other geek's name) behavior distasteful, it shows they have good taste at least . Frankie's reaction to them was great, reminded me of how Mas and Menos from Teen Titans reacted to Starfire. Their reactions as well as Starfire's was very similar.

Also as far as being "shy" vs. "forward". Take this as a pleasant wink to us instead of a negative one, it shows Frankie obviously isn't into the forward geeks or anyone forward for that matter. It shows she's not a glory hog and definitely leaves her heart door open wide for us .

Heh.
I concur here. It is nice to know Frankie always leaves her heart open. My perception is exactly in line with Mac's - "she's cool." I don't think anyone could have said it better. I fell in love with Frankie before I watched the show (a fellow artist did a request).

As for being a Frankie "geek," let me rephrase: I am a "recovering geek." I used to be like that, but combat changes your perception of the world. You learn not take guff from anyone, but you are more open minded about things. I think Frankie would hug a vet.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #529
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post

Like I've said before, I'm shy and introverted. These guys were very bold and "forward", and openly trying to woo Frankie, which I'd be too scared to do. And their infatuation with Frankie didn't seem to be sincere at all; as if they were only interested in her, uh, "surface" traits. Anyone who's read my posts on this thread clearly knows that I think there's far more to Frankie than just her looks.
I didant know you were shy and introvert too, Vox. Each day I seem to find that we're more and more alike. Anyway, I completly agree with you that if those nerds were a wink to us Frankie fans, that would be simply awesome!
I'm guessing that those two nerds (I'm not useing "nerds" in a hateful way) must go to Fosters on most of those reunions so they can study Coco. So I wouldant be surprised if they knew Frankie on a first name basis, as we seen in GWH.
Those two certainly were forward with flirting with Frankie. If it were me I would try and be sudtle. But with my luck I would end up with Frankie seeing me as a friend and nothing more.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #530
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I see no pain of Douglas & Adam. It wasn't hurtful or anything. (*cough*TETSNBN,WTAWTAW,EKIB*cough*)
I felt bad for Frankie getting all those tickets.

Closed Thread