Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #41
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I haven't read the most recent posts here yet, so forgive things that have been mentioned before. But I LOVED it! Again, again!!! *rewinds DVR* Yaaayy!!

Was it just me, or did they show the intro twice? First time the entire intro, second time it was the shortened one. At first I thought it was part of the episode and the intro would be interrupted or something.

I'm kind of sad not to see Mac at all. I hope Sean had a good day off. But I was thrilled to see all the other main characters. It was great.

Whoooooo, Blooregard on a caffine high! Yeah, that looks about right. As long as it wasn't Cheese or Goo on the high. Bloo is just outright funny all tripped out.

And I blurted out, out loud, "Twenty five dollars for WHAT????"

And Mr. H- "These three never do anything wrong unless you make them!"

I also take back what I said before about those two new friends reminding me of Twedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. They're more like Beavis and Butthead. Or maybe Chip and Skip from Camp Lazlo.

We see the return of a Deo stick!

Good, Blooregard does all that work to work off all the damage he did. Looks like the Hotel and all its inhabitants survived. That much is good.

I totally saw the Herriman costume thing coming within a few seconds. I also saw the hand buzzer coming. Painfully saw it coming.

And at the end, don't want to give too much away yet, but I was practically on the floor laughing, and I clapped my hands and cheered. That was brilliant!

Eh hem. Ok, and now I must finish watching it the second time. So if you'll kindly excuse me...
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #42
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

They sure did do both openings, Lynnie. I guess that's the long and short of that. *aviods flying rotten veggies thrown at him*

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #43
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I thought it was a good episode, but it certainly didn't top the first two of the season, in my opinion. I, too, was a bit disappointed to not see Mac. I was surprised not to see Madame F (was she even in the episode?). I did love the ending, though. It had to be the Wilt-man that was responsible for that prank! "Pranks for Nothing" gets a B-.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #44
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo
I'm the pranking king,
I'm the pranking king,
Doo-de-doo-doo-dah-dah!

Prank war winner, that is me,
Prank war winner, is not you,
I am awesome, and you're poo!
Nah nah nah nah, doo-doo-doo!!

I'm the ultimate prankster,
I don't have you, and you to thank-ster,
Hear the winner go woo-woo-woo!
Hear the loser cry boo-hoo-hoo!
Epic.

Well I certainly enjoyed this more then Mondo Coco (sorry, just didn't like that one). To me, Frick and Frack (or was it Fritt and Fratt? That's what it sounded like Bloo called them) remind me of Dylan from the Magic Roundabout, although I'm sure that's just me, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #45
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Luckily I was able to see this episode before my power went out for the last 2 hours or so. To be honest, I was kind of satisfied and kind of disappointed at the same time. This episode was......okay, it was average but nothing superbly fantastic or bad about it if you ask me.

There's wasn't much here except Bloo just repeating the same prank bit over and over. However I did enjoy VERY MUCH SO, the dumb ass twins Frit and Frat or whatever they are called, and the "surprise" prankster from the very end. It was a clever twist and one I felt was well needed (and deserved!) for the character.

I was kind of upset we didn't see what the other IFs, Frankie, and Madame Foster were doing while they were in the hotel. My favorite part has to be Bloo on coffee, that's gotta be a new rule breaking record to do EVERYTHING bad in less then a minute. I didn't feel sorry for Bloo in the least bit when Mr. Herriman locked him up.

Considering the fact Bloo has always screwed Wilt, Coco, and Eduardo over many times without even wanting to get involved, he so had it coming this time. Overall, decent episode, average.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #46
WiltFan
At Home

Hmm...yessss...  

Another great episode! I enjoyed that ending a lot, hehehehe. But yeah, overall, brilliant.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:40 AM   #47
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I haven't read the most recent posts here yet, so forgive things that have been mentioned before. But I LOVED it! Again, again!!! *rewinds DVR* Yaaayy!!

Was it just me, or did they show the intro twice? First time the entire intro, second time it was the shortened one. At first I thought it was part of the episode and the intro would be interrupted or something.

I'm kind of sad not to see Mac at all. I hope Sean had a good day off. But I was thrilled to see all the other main characters. It was great.

Whoooooo, Blooregard on a caffine high! Yeah, that looks about right. As long as it wasn't Cheese or Goo on the high. Bloo is just outright funny all tripped out.

And I blurted out, out loud, "Twenty five dollars for WHAT????"

And Mr. H- "These three never do anything wrong unless you make them!"

I also take back what I said before about those two new friends reminding me of Twedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. They're more like Beavis and Butthead. Or maybe Chip and Skip from Camp Lazlo.

We see the return of a Deo stick!

Good, Blooregard does all that work to work off all the damage he did. Looks like the Hotel and all its inhabitants survived. That much is good.

I totally saw the Herriman costume thing coming within a few seconds. I also saw the hand buzzer coming. Painfully saw it coming.

And at the end, don't want to give too much away yet, but I was practically on the floor laughing, and I clapped my hands and cheered. That was brilliant!

Eh hem. Ok, and now I must finish watching it the second time. So if you'll kindly excuse me...
I did sorta miss Mac, but it would have been tricky to work him into the plot, with the whole crowd being away from the house overnight, and the hotel being several hours away(apparently the local hotels know the Foster's crowd too well, lol). I really have to wonder where Madame Foster was during all this though, since I can't even recall seeing her on the bus, and Frankie could have gotten a bigger role, but overall, I can't find anything to complain about this episode. Even though the pranks were predictabe, THAT is what made them funny, since everything Bloo was thinking of was so cliche', that anyone would have been able to second-guess him and stay one step ahead. The funny part, though, was finding out whose idea it was all along to do just that! Caffeine-high Bloo was hilarious, even though he was at his most annoying during that scene, and you really had to feel for Eduardo, Wilt and Coco, all worn-out from the uncomfortable bus ride and in need of rest, having to deal with that. Wilt even took a swing at Bloo at one point, but missed because Bloo was bouncing around so much, and at that point, I sorta had to wonder if Wilt didn't already have some retribution in store for him.

The twin IF's reminded me more of Beavis and Butthead, too, just more "clean". The way that they kept pulling Bloo's pranks on THEMSELVES, and laughing about it, and the way that they thought it was hilarious when they got tied up and forced to wear a Mr. Herriman costume, was straight out of a "Beavis and Butthead" episode! When Bloo was going on his rant about how he was being penalized for something he didn't do, I TOTALLY expected one of them to start going, "huh..huh...huh...he said 'PENAL'...huh...huh...huh"! Guess that would have made the comparison a bit TOO obvious, though!

That ending, though...now THAT was a classic! That alone would have made this episode one of my all-time favorites, and like you, I was literally clapping and cheering and jumping up out of my seat! I almost forgot to change the channel for a brand-new episode of "CSI", it was so great!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:08 AM   #48
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

Overall good, but there was lots of potential in there that I wasn't sure was realized. However the episode is still one of the best ever for the ending. I had a hunch all along, Coco seemed like a scape goat. I fell on the floor laughing when that sly grin rolled across his face. Also Bloo's caffiene high was great. I would love to get him and Mac together when Bloo is on coffee and Mac is on sugar, the house might explode but it would be fun to watch. A little bloocentric for my taste (and he's my favorite character!) but overall good episode. Keep em coming!!!
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #49
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Pretty good laughs to be had out of this episode. My only complaint is that it was a little predictable. But what I didn't predict was that ending. Hahaha, sweet!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #50
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Saw it again earlier. Stars, I love my DVD recorder. I think my main problem with the episode is it's one-sided nature, and how Bloo was unable to fight back or get any sort of real satisfaction. I don't much care for themes like that regardless of who the victim is. I think I was expecting something a little more balanced or a general free-for-all, with everyone going a little crazy and getting as good as he/she got. As for Frick & Frack, they were a little annoying, but on the other hand it's always nice to see an homage to Beavis & Butt-Head, and when Bloo got whacked on caffeine, I guess I was hoping to see something like "The Great Blooholio". Not a bad episode, really, just not what I was expecting.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote