Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 AM   #41
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Looks like Coco will have a good size role in "Cheese-A Go Go".

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:45 AM   #42
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

I was personally very impressed when I first read about coco's design, how she came from being imagined by a stranded kid on an island. It just made so much sense and it fit in such a perfect way. I thought her design was brilliant.

I wish she could be used in some other way that didn't involve a language gag, though. Like how she'd "cocococo" something, and the next character would go like "wow, why didn't I think of that?" or "exactly!" without explaining it. It was funny the first few times but now it's just sort of like a way to fill up some of the twenty two minutes in the show. :S Just my opinion.

I think she's kinda really smart. And mother-ish and fun. "My So Called Wife" felt totally out of character for Coco, I think; I know for a fact that she isn't a Cheese/Pokemon hybrid. =_=; So the episode really disappointed me for some reason. (Not to mentioned they reused too many of her "lines" in that show; I caught at least five different "cocococo" lines being reused at least two to four times each. Ah well.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:57 AM   #43
FeDeReR
Newly Abandoned
Foster's city!  

sometimes coco is annoyng but i don't understand what is she saying!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #44
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptps View Post
I think she's kinda really smart. And mother-ish and fun. "My So Called Wife" felt totally out of character for Coco, I think; I know for a fact that she isn't a Cheese/Pokemon hybrid. =_=; So the episode really disappointed me for some reason. (Not to mentioned they reused too many of her "lines" in that show; I caught at least five different "cocococo" lines being reused at least two to four times each. Ah well.
Lol. She isn't the first "Pokemon-esque" character in that regard. Though yeah, there's definitely a huge contrast between the almost completely spaced out Coco of MSCW and Crime After Crime, when she actively attempted to coerce an apology out of Herriman for sending her to her room.

Speaking of which, Coco is at her best when she's totally pissed.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #45
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I like Coco. I root her girl-power, being the only female star IF. Woo hoo, Coco!!

One of the teeniest most minute things I disliked about "Good Wilt Hunting" is that it didn't give us a look really into Coco's past like it did Ed and of course Wilt. I know it was intentional that we not see much of her past (she's suppose to be a mystery). But, man, I wanted to see the only girl star IF's creator, too! Oh well. I shall live.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #46
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I agree, Coco is most amusing when riled.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #47
Soupaflyyy
Newly Abandoned

I love me some Coco, I really do. She reminds me of this "Voodoo Lady" I met once. She was sassy, yet maternal (she called me things like "baby" and "honey child"), and she wore huge fake eyelashes and had like six-inch(!) long fingernails (which I assume were also fake). Best thing of all? She was a security guard! She was so weird and awesome, but, if you got on her bad side, she'd totally put a hex on you.

I don't know why, but Coco holds a special place in my heart just because I draw that comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptps View Post
I wish she could be used in some other way that didn't involve a language gag, though. Like how she'd "cocococo" something, and the next character would go like "wow, why didn't I think of that?" or "exactly!" without explaining it. It was funny the first few times but now it's just sort of like a way to fill up some of the twenty two minutes in the show. :S Just my opinion.
Yeah, I agree. (Though, that part in "Crime After Crime" where Mr. Herriman reads her ransom note and cannot figure out who it's from is one of my favorite gags in the whole series. ) But I guess when writing for Coco it can be pretty tricky working around the whole "language barrier."

Last edited by Soupaflyyy; 09-16-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Soupaflyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #48
NeverToo
Banned

"Hello Magic"  

Talking "Woow Coco"

Coco of the cooco.

What an amazing sight. I just love the way Coco is. She is so interesting and I always like her eggs and actually I love them.

The eggs contain prices which I like in the shows. I wish she was really alive so she could lay some eggs and hatched them for me so I can have some cool prices.

Rock on to The Great Coco.
NeverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #49
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverToo View Post
Coco of the cooco.

What an amazing sight. I just love the way Coco is. She is so interesting and I always like her eggs and actually I love them.

The eggs contain prices which I like in the shows. I wish she was really alive so she could lay some eggs and hatched them for me so I can have some cool prices.

Rock on to The Great Coco.

"Prices"? Don't you mean prizes, with a "Z"(like Jamez)?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #50
Scrawffler
Newly Abandoned
If this text is so personal, how come everyone can read it?  

Location: England... in Europe... where they don't even speak English!

Coco has been my favourite ever since the show started. I do agree that perhaps the language gag gets old at times, although somehow all her moments in House Of Bloo's still make me laugh today, even if we are used to her language now. However, one thing I always respect is that the show doesn't go overboard with characters translating what she says. I think it's quite nice that they let us work it out for ourselves (kinda like Kenny in South Park).

*laughs* I also agree that the ransom note in Crime After Crime was awesome. And in Room With A Feud, I laughed when Coco suggested something in a sinister tone and Mac replied, "I think we'd go to jail if we did that."

I'm hoping Coco does get a good episode about her past someday. Her origin according to Craig McCracken does sound pretty intriguing.

~Also known as Numbuh Googol in KND Fandom~
Original Cartoons|Fanart|Animation & Music
Scrawffler is offline   Reply With Quote