Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #41
basilsunshine
Settling In
I get by with a little help from my friends.  

Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm native american. & no, it's not a farm.

Well I've been buying these since I was little; I thought they'd ALWAYS been in style. I've had so many colors too. But the ones I wear now are the normal Black hightops like Wilt, and some lowtops with like, fuzzy plaid that have a few holes in them. But I DID buy the black ones because of Wilt, last summer before school. I normally buy them from a thrift store though, because that's where you get the real funky ones.

But I know alot of people that wear converse every day, and never watch the show.
basilsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #42
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I'm assuming that their popularity is due to the fact that every major celebrity is wearing them. Beats me how the trend actually started, but that's how trends are. The retro thing is very fashionable (although a lot of it was a bad idea the first time around).
Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 AM   #43
Match Stick
Settling In

Send a message via MSN to Match Stick

i got a pair of converse because of wilt too...well...and a little peer pressure...i mean everyone's wearing them nowadays.....trend is soo hard to follow..(sigh!).......mine's high chunk (black, the ones like wilt's) and i dont know how to match clothes with it...

my mom is already furious that the shoes are sooo expensive, and when she sees me wearing them over jeans...she exclaims that if i was going to wear jeans over them why not buy low top (i don't know why but it's much cheaper, which is just stupid).....any fashion stylists here to help?
Match Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #44
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Stick View Post
i got a pair of converse because of wilt too...well...and a little peer pressure...i mean everyone's wearing them nowadays.....trend is soo hard to follow..(sigh!).......mine's high chunk (black, the ones like wilt's) and i dont know how to match clothes with it...

my mom is already furious that the shoes are sooo expensive, and when she sees me wearing them over jeans...she exclaims that if i was going to wear jeans over them why not buy low top (i don't know why but it's much cheaper, which is just stupid).....any fashion stylists here to help?
I always figured the low top ones are cheaper because they require less materials to make :[ But I am probably wrong lol :]

And yes, I did sucker in and buy some high top black Converse shoes, and I still haven't worn them, mainly because I have 20+ pairs of shoes and out of all those shoes my favorite pair have to be my beat up old Gallaz shoes and my pair of Nike Shox I got.

But I still love my black Converse =D That makes three pairs of high top Converse shoes I own now haha...
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #45
Match Stick
Settling In

Send a message via MSN to Match Stick

haha...i wish i hv more shoes like u....i think the high chunks look more classic...
Match Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #46
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Play some b-ball in em.