Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #31
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The gag wasn't the issue, it was the fact that Bloo was going a great length to humiliate Mac........again. The fact that Mac has a physical fear of birthdays because of Bloo's actions is not exactly a healthy thing.

Bloo has literally warped Mac's perception of something and it not only caused Mac to act crazy (which I admit, was funny) but it made him feel sad and then humiliated again at the end.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #32
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
The gag wasn't the issue, it was the fact that Bloo was going a great length to humiliate Mac........again. The fact that Mac has a physical fear of birthdays because of Bloo's actions is not exactly a healthy thing.

Bloo has literally warped Mac's perception of something and it not only caused Mac to act crazy (which I admit, was funny) but it made him feel sad and then humiliated again at the end.
Bloo's extreme lengths were part of the joke/gag, though, and I thought that was kinda funny (it's certainly not a new gag in cartoons). I'll contend that it was Mac's guilt trip that deadened the joke (for me anyway).

I did like the episode though.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:44 PM   #33
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The extreme lengths wasn't the part that bothered me, it was just having Mac ended up looking like an idiot like with Frankie and Goofball. Similar thing but a different situation in a different episode, but I said it wasn't as bad.

This episode has funny moments, "Imposter's" barely had any, the only thing is that both episodes leave the centered character on a bad note and I really hated to see Mac go through with this kind of crap and have Bloo laugh at him for it.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #34
brotherladies
Newly Abandoned
i like fishy crackers  

i love mac daddy, obviously, i haven't laughed so hard with my six year old son........ever!!! I'm a cowboy.
brotherladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #35
TraverseTown
Settling In

Available Now for only 79 easy payments of $4.99!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherladies View Post
i love mac daddy, obviously, i haven't laughed so hard with my six year old son........ever!!! I'm a cowboy.
I got bored watching Mac Daddy. I changed the channel during it's first airing out of boredom. Don't know why, never watched it 100% yet.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #36
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

It's a collection of funny but not entirely entertainig parts.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #37
Voxxyn
Banned

I still haven't been able to see IOHSFY, so I guess I'm lucky. I've read about how Mac didn't exactly have the best time, but until reading this thread, I never thought it was anywhere near the level of "Imposter's".

It's pretty sad, because all the Season 4 episodes before that one have gone to great lengths to re-establish the friendship of Mac and Bloo after becoming somewhat estranged in Season 3. They were priceless in "Squeeze the Day" and "Neighbor Pains".

Last edited by Voxxyn; 09-24-2006 at 07:23 AM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #38
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It wasn't as bad as "Imposter's", but Mac clearly had a very bad day. I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he'd put Bloo up for adoption right then and there.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:30 PM   #39
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Neither would I... but friendships have a way of managing to exist through stuff like that. I know for a fact that my oldest friend (who i've known since I was 2 and she was 4) has been on the recieveing end of me being a jerk, too often. I feel really bad about it, too... becuase she's so nice. I do my best not to be so much of a jerk now, though. My point is, Mac isn't the type of kid who'd give him off just for that, though I imagine he'd be pissed at bloo for a while.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #40
Schornforce
Newly Abandoned
Prepared for trouble  

Send a message via AIM to Schornforce

Favorite Overall Episode: It's tough for me to choose one, but I think I like Cuckoo for Coco Cards the best.

Least Favorite Overall Episode: Foster's Goes to Europe makes me steam at Madame Foster. She wasn't clever and funny. She was just mean and cruel.

Most Touching Episode: World Wide Wabbit still makes me feel a great deal of sympathy for Mr. Herriman. I think it's very sweet that he still sings the "Funny Bunny" song to Madame Foster.

Best Written Episode: Since I already mentioned Cuckoo for Coco Cards, I also think One False Movie was terriffic. It's time for Explorin' with Loren!

Worst Written Episode: Everyone Knows it's Bendy and Where there's a Wilt There's a Way. I think they were sort of cliche and not too funny or interesting.

Best Moment: I will always love the "Doctor! Doctor!" bit from Sweet Stench of Success. Also, in I Only Have Surprise for You, I LOVE the Herriman/Mac hug!!! Additionally (I appear to have difficulty deciding), I love anything with Orlando Bloo!

Worst Moment: Since I already mentioned Fosters Goes to Europe, I think I Only Have Surprise for You when Mac was tricked again was one of the worst since ALL his supposed friends took part in humiliating him despite his rather vehement and vocal wishes to not have a party.

Most Underrated Episode: I loved Blooooo. I thought it was a very fun episode with some great horror movie parodies.

Favorite Character Episode: I love Eddie Monster, since Eduardo's my fave. I also thought Bloo's impersonation of Eduardo was priceless (even if Bloo was once again the jerk).

Best Costume: Orlando Bloo of course takes this, but my other choice is that adorable outfit Eduardo wore on the news show in Sweet Stench of Success.

Most Underrated Episode: My So Called Wife always makes me laugh. "Stop that, you daft woman!!!" always cracks me up. I also loved the sarcasm lessons (or am I being sarcastic in saying that?!!)

Most Overrated Episode: Mac Daddy. I love Cheese. I thought the episode was great. I just happen to think that there are better episodes.

"Laughter is a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have." --Roger Rabbit
Schornforce is offline   Reply With Quote