Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite season?
Season 1 1 9.09%
Season 2 3 27.27%
Season 3 5 45.45%
Season 4 - current one 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #31
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Simpsons in the beginning had much shottier animation and Homer and Bart sounded very different when the show first started out. Plus, it wasn't NEARLY as funny.
Season 1 of The Simpsons at it's worst is still infinitely funnier than the unwatchable monstrosity it has now become, if you ask me. It improved considerably during the first three seasons, reached it's peak at 4-8, declined slightly but was still great in 9-10, and mixed some good and bad in 11 before taking a complete free-fall in quality ever since.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Foster's has a lengthy run with quality being consistent throughout. But I also have to be realistic, I'd rather have it finish up after two or three more seasons(Or maybe the 100th episode mark) on a high note, instead of continuing perpetually and eventually becoming a shadow of it's former self.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #32
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I like all Simpsons episodes. I hope Foster's has good episodes for as long as it runs.

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 10-08-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #33
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Simpsons was funny during it's era AFTER the first season or so, mostly because things got much cleaner looking and after like say the Christmas episode and Bleeding Gumps Murphy is when the old season started to fade away.

NOW it is crap, I don't argue that, but Simpsons is a rare case. I don't think anyone knew how long that show could go on whether it sucked or not. Foster's though I hope has a healthy run and lasts a long, long, long time.

I don't think the quality will suffer because as long as the characters remain who they are, that's what makes the show watchable and that's what's important. Teen Titans had a terrible final season but made up for it with the movie.

I think as long as they don't worry so much about throwing anything "crazy" and "new", the show will be fine just the way it is for many seasons to come. Plus, Foster's has become CN's unofficial logo with all the promo ads Foster's is in.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #34
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I think Foster's is CN's most popular show right now, as Spongebob is with Nick. I think CN might squeezing Foster's milk cow like PPGs. Some of the newer Simpsons episodes are funny, some are boring.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #35
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I assume Foster's is there most popular show right now, and I think alot of it has to do with this new season. I remember I was in the mall few weeks back and they had a promo ad for Foster's in one of those big directory box things.

It showed Bloo spouting that ever loveably looney line "It's hot in topeka". I never EVER have seen cartoon shows publicized like that before so, I took it as a sign that Foster's is definitely one of CN's top shows as far as ratings go.

I know Ben 10 is another big hit with them because they immediately signed up for a second and third season just as soon as they finished airing the first one.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #36
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Actually they've had the red background with characters on it on bill boards. Cheese was in my town.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #37
Voxxyn
Banned

I'll say this much: I've lost track of how many times I've seen people online mention Foster's as being "one of the few good non-Adult Swim shows left on Cartoon Network"... kinda like how many people consider SpongeBob as an exception to Nickelodeon's alleged fall from grace.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #38
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I do, about SB now that they canned FOP & JN.
There are a couple good shows besides Foster's that are not AS on CN.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #39
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

There are actually only a few REALLY good shows I tune in on for Foster's. I'm gonna be honest though, I'm pissed at CN because they canned alot of my favorite shows and while Foster's is amazing, I don't think there new stuff is all that great.

Foster's, Ben 10, and occasionally Billy and Mandy I catch. I am beyond mad they canned Teen Titans, Justice League: Unlimited, and High Puffy Ami Yumi. I don't think the new Fantastic 4 show, Gym Partner's a Monkey, and Squirrel boy are really worth the cost of those 3 shows.

But that's my opinion. I think Squirrel Boy looks just awful and I can't stand the animation style. Foster's is definitely the key shining show in CN in my book, Adult Swim is becoming it's own juggernaut it seems.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #40
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I don't have cartoon network, but I wish I did. It looks so much better then telatoon. But if Telatoon do'es only one thing right it's this: They know wich of their show's are popular. I'm sure that's why they put Foster's back on it's weekay time slot. Know the show is on seven days a week!
I think in five months when the first season dvd is released, they will hold a contest and also have a marathon run of Foster's. They are good with stuff like that.
And about Simpson. I don't think Fox keeps the show alive because of it's quality anymore. I think they just want to see how far they can push it and keep their name in the Guiness Book of Records. The Movie due in 2007 will let us know whether the show will keep declining in quality, or show an about-face and give us what the show is famouse for.
I found that if you remove the swearing and blood from the current seasons of the Simpsons, it's writing and humor just can't stand to many of the "kid" shows out there now. But I think the thing I hate most is how they made Homer a whiny jerk instead of the loveable oaf he used to be.