Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #31
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJ1800 View Post
Personally I think Mac may have imagined Bloo like a person who's wearing a sheet over his body to dress up like a ghost. There are no arm holes, so to pick up or hold something they just push the sheet out around their hands. And they have feet and can walk, you just can't see it under the sheet.

Basically Bloo's body works under the same physics, only instead of being covered by a sheet, that's his real body.
Bloo isn't wearing anything or covered with a sheet. We saw how he looked when draped with a sheet in "Blooooooo!", when Coco's ghost disguise fell over him, and he was underneath calling out her name, making Wilt think that he WAS Coco, trying to scare them. Bloo's integuement, whatever it happens to be like, doesn't move or billow like cloth. I kinda tend to think that he is sorta rubbery, and can stretch or alter his shape to some extent, extending arms or legs where there previous were none, apparently. The "whale skin" theory works for me, since whatever Bloo might feel like, he's clearly made up of living, biological tissue.

I guess I tend to think of the characters in terms of charicaTURES, in which the artists rendering their images will greatly exaggerate some features, most notably their heads, while leaving out or reducing others that aren't really necessary, like fingernails, noses or lips. If the characters were to become real, living flesh-and-blood beings in OUR world, though, they probably would not have such enormous heads(it's been proven that characters with big heads, proportionally, are more appealing, since they subconciously remind us of human infants) or tiny torsos, and they's have two lips and fingernails, visable irises in their eyes, clearly-definable muscles, etc.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #32
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

You're all going to hate me for repeating myself but I do LOVE these discussions so....Bloo can climb up stairs cause one THEORY of mine is that he's muscular like a snake and can climb up stairs in the same fashion a snake can climb a tree. Not in the same exact way, but using muscles in the same sense. As for where his arms go and how he makes things appear then disappear...the security blanket THEORY comes into play. If Bloo is indeed a creation based on a security blanket (a theory I still believe until I am proved otherwise by something Mc Cracken says HIMSELF) then he can "fold" and "unfold" his appendages, like his arms, at will.
There is also another THEORY that a friend of mine suggested (who sadly I don't talk to anymore...) that Bloo's legs are kind of hidden underneath his form. They're very small and not something you can see. I'm not sure how that works (lol) but hey, it's just a theory.
But I like the security blanket idea. How cute is that?? 'Sides Mac WAS only three when he created Bloo.
Okay I'm done.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #33
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

"Store wars and "Sweet stench of success" show good examples of how Bloo gets up and down stairs.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #34
Xroc88
At Home

He is being manipulate by the demon gorwood and only mac,frankie and jackie khones can save him.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #35
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

(With apologies to Joel Hodgson)

If you're wondering how Bloo gets up and down the stairs and other science facts, then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax!..."

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:42 AM   #36
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Two words, guys: Hydrostatic skeleton. Like a jellyfish. Or an octopus, to be more precise. I dunno, kind of a cross.

For those who don't know, a hydrostatic skeleton is attained by putting enough pressure on your bodily tissue (which is mostly water, like even more so than a human) so it holds up like there's a skeleton.

There's my two cents
Old 05-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #37
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
(With apologies to Joel Hodgson)

If you're wondering how Bloo gets up and down the stairs and other science facts, then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax!..."
Hee hee hee. Yes, that's exactly what I think.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #38
Amritama
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via AIM to Amritama

The world may never know? :O

Jokes aside, I think Bloo is just like any other invertebrate that can move. Like Ub3rD4n mentioned above, a hydrostatic skeleton doesn't seem like it'd be too off (if I remember my Biomech class right, different pressures on a fluid-filled cavity and action of surrounding muscles create a variety of motions). But yeah, I think Bloo's anatomy strongly resembles any invertebrate, since we know our favorite blue blob has no spine.

Along those lines, Bloo's body might be a muscular hydrostat (think human tongue, some worms, and elephant trunk). As in, his body is composed of muscles without a skeletal system or fluid-filled cavity. What would be really interesting with the theory is how the system would work in Bloo's case.

That, or the creator felt that was a very minor point, which it is, and thus never thought up of a valid reason. But muscular hydrostat FTW. =P

Last edited by Amritama; 05-25-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Amritama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #39
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Perhaps Bloo is filled with yummy candy.