Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #31
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Whenever I listen to music on my Windows Media Player, I always go through the music library and check to see how many times I've played all the songs. Also, every time I get a new song, the album info has to be correct, as in correct release date and the album title word perfect. No idea how I picked this habit up...
Old 12-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #32
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I like all my iTunes tracks to have the correct info too. If I pick something up online I have to research out all the details and find the artwork - if there IS no artwork I make something.

Recently a guy gave me a 2-disc set of holiday music he compiled, interspersed with spoken clips from cartoons and movies. He did not identify ANY of the tracks, although he included a list of artists in the liner notes. Besides that, and I don't know how or why, the tracks weren't even divided up at the gaps between the songs, they were just sort of hacked up into random pieces. I love the cds though. So I used Audacity to merge the tracks together and then chop them up logically, then I had to try to figure out the names of all the songs by Googling the lyrics and referencing the list of artists. Figuring out the spoken tracks was harder though, as no credit was given for those. I now know more about Woody Allen movies than I ever thought I would. Anyways with a couple exceptions I got it all sorted out.

So um BBF, you're not alone.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #33
Major Abbey
Settling In

Not a bunny butler!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Does having Asperger Syndrome come with any odd compulsions and/or obsessions? Or am I completely going off course here?
It does in my case.

For one thing, I always have to plan a routine for a day. This means I have to know if we're going out (if so, where we're going), what we're having for lunch... a whole bunch of things.

I've also been obsessed with certain characters to the point where I tend to draw them a lot (yes, Herrimanwashere, you're not alone there).

"I'm Mr Herriman and I approve this message."
Major Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote