Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 PM   #361
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I also enjoyed their use of Killer Moth in the show, Neron didn't get used but I think this worked just as fine and as practical. The thing is whether people feel he's an insult to the comics or not, Burton's vision of Penguin is VERY popular. It was a magnificent performance and a magnificent portrayal by DeVito.

Penguin's deformality is the key to him being called the Penguin, he can be refined or filthy but in the end, it's those physical deforms that make him unique so it's no surprise they'd focus on it so much. Clock King wasn't a boss situation but it was very similar, it was still anger pointed towards an "spiting" man.

The series often left too many easy reasons to be evil by simply blaming "someone else". It works for some like the Mad hatter and Mr. Freeze but for someone as smart as the Riddler, it just seemed so petty to turn to a life of crime over losing your job. Especially considering what happened to Hatter and Freeze.

I mean they REALLY lost everything and for Riddler to follow a similar formula it just didn't sit right with me. But like i always say, there are things I liked in Batman: AS, and there are things The Batman did that I liked that AS didn't come up with. One thing I admire is their bringing back old D grade villains.

Guys like Ragdoll, Gearhead and Black Mask are a real treat to see. Btw, I suggest we might want to take this discussion to the "Batman" thread monk as this is veering off course and speaking of which, the last Tv I have watched tonight would be:

"Invader Zim"
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #362
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Sure thing. The last show I watched was Shin Chan.

Bag on the dub all you want, but I love this irreverent little show which just got first season last week after going through a test phase last summer. IF you're willing to turn off your brain for some crude but sometimes clever humor I suggest watching this show.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #363
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The Samurai, on the History Channel. The title tells you what it's about. It's an excellent documentary; I was surprised by how little I really knew about that part of Japanese culture.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #364
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

shin-chan. i dont know why i like it. just funny show.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:55 AM   #365
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

The Office - Hot Girl (Season One)
Old 04-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #366
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Survivor. Go Earl!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #367
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Painkiller Jane

This show rocks
Old 04-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #368
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Law and Order - Who let the dogs out?

What a powerful episode. Sad, dramatic, and dark, this was probably one of the most powerful episodes I've ever seen of this show.

Seriously, seriously good stuff.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #369
hottoepicker
Settling In
i like chocolate milk!!!  

grey's anatomy...god i love that show. it just keeps getting better and better!!!

hottoepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #370
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Sailor Moon Live, episodes 1 through... 49. Yeah, I watched them all over the last few days, every last episode. Did I mention that my computer crashed Wednesday morning? Well, now you know what I've been doing to occupy my time.

I admit it, I thoroughly enjoyed this series. It didn't feel like Sailor Moon much of the time, though; it felt more like a soap opera. The characters were different, too; Sailor Mars, for instance, seemed less hotheaded but more sullen. The villians looked almost nothing like the originals from the anime classic; there was more intrigue between them, too, more infighting. The show had a lot of silly moments, and a lot of very dramatic moments, and one moment that left me stunned and speechless (until the next episode, when I found out the writers were just torturing me, and in the worst possible way). The background material about what had happened on the moon a thousand years ago was different, too, and not fully explained to my liking, although that may simply be the result of sub-par translation, which was pretty bad in some of the episodes. It might've helped a lot if I understood Japanese.

I can't say this was a great series, but it wasn't bad, not bad at all as far as I'm concerned. It had a lot of heart, and it definitely grew on me as it played out over the past few days. "Endearing" is how I'd define it, for lack of a better word, and I will gladly watch it again someday. Of course, I've still got the 200 original episodes to go through, too; hopefully I'll do so without a computer breakdown to prompt me.

Oh, one other thing... Due to a mistranslation, all of the subtitles refer to Queen Beryl as "Queen Berry". Now that's scary!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote