Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #301
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
It's tough, I'll admit, to create an OC that isn't at least a bit "Mary Sueish", or in the case of male fanfic writers, "Gary Stueish".
I think all writers put at least a bit of themselves into their characters, and not all OCs are Mary Sues, but... I just don't really like OCs in general. Oh well.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #302
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I think all writers put at least a bit of themselves into their characters, and not all OCs are Mary Sues, but... I just don't really like OCs in general. Oh well.
You know, I try hard to make my OCs the least sueish they can be. XD And lemme tell ya, that's quite hard.

Last edited by antgirl1; 10-05-2006 at 09:11 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #303
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Ewww I've started to read many Wilt fanfics that are so Mary Sue-ish that I don't even finish them (I'm picky like that). I didn't even know that annoyance had a name, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who noticed it.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:44 PM   #304
Amritama
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via AIM to Amritama

You know, I never thought Wilt would become so popular. In fact, I was expecting to see some character bashing. Good thing that didn?t happen ? it would?ve made the fandom unpleasant!

When I first watched the show, Wilt was my favorite character. While I don't dislike him, he's not my favorite character in the series now. Maybe it's because I find people like him rare in the world but I really don't have a constructive answer. I have to admit, he's one of the kindest souls in the whole show, and he does make things a bit more interesting (I found him hilarious in "Neighbor Pains").

I haven't read many Foster's fanfics yet, but I can say that I tend to avoid creating and reading about OCs. Many of them either end up as Mary Sues or plain boring. Then again, most fanfics I've been reading recently haven?t really captivated me. Still, I can imagine people screwing up Wilt's character.
Amritama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #305
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Wilt didn't have any funny lines in "President" just so you know.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #306
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Yes he does. Somewhere.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #307
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I take it you're not of voting age yet, right? So you haven't had to experience all the rules than accompany excersising your right to cast a vote. Wilt's lines about the rules of voting, and getting to receive that little sticker that says, "I Voted", were pretty darn funny to anyone who's actually experienced this, first-hand. I guess that there are a lot of Wilt's lines that many people don't get, since Wilt has this very subtle form of sarcasm that will go right over many people's heads(OOPS! Sorry...didn't mean to put it that way! That was NOT a "tall person" joke), like in "The Big Picture" when he responds to Mr. Herriman's statement that having him stand in a chair would only make less of him visable in the annual photograph, when Wilt actually meant that he could SIT in a chair! Wilt has just learned that there is no point trying to reason with some people, but he can't resist taking that little sneaky verbal shot at them, just the same!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #308
Cheese
Banned

Red face wilt is...

I would say is nice,caring,non selfess,giving,ect. Theres to many words to describe Wilt lol.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #309
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I take it you're not of voting age yet, right? So you haven't had to experience all the rules than accompany excersising your right to cast a vote. Wilt's lines about the rules of voting, and getting to receive that little sticker that says, "I Voted", were pretty darn funny to anyone who's actually experienced this, first-hand. I guess that there are a lot of Wilt's lines that many people don't get, since Wilt has this very subtle form of sarcasm that will go right over many people's heads(OOPS! Sorry...didn't mean to put it that way! That was NOT a "tall person" joke), like in "The Big Picture" when he responds to Mr. Herriman's statement that having him stand in a chair would only make less of him visable in the annual photograph, when Wilt actually meant that he could SIT in a chair! Wilt has just learned that there is no point trying to reason with some people, but he can't resist taking that little sneaky verbal shot at them, just the same!

pitbulllady
I've not seen this ep in a while, how does he respond?

Heh. Wilt's sneaky sarcasm makes me smile...

...and so does the name "Ditchy McAbandonpants". (I know he's serious about the whole abandonment thing, but that name he called Mac was just downright funny)
Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 AM   #310
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I've not seen this ep in a while, how does he respond?

Heh. Wilt's sneaky sarcasm makes me smile...

...and so does the name "Ditchy McAbandonpants". (I know he's serious about the whole abandonment thing, but that name he called Mac was just downright funny)
He was talking to Jackie (forgot last name all of a sudden...). "It's the law," XDD

Yes, so sneaky that most people wqon't notice it unless you listen hard.

LOL! I remember that! Ditchy McAbandonpants! XD