Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #21
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

By minor-ish I mean main but not as important as Mac or Bloo. Minor would be George Mucas or Goofball.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #22
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
To me, she(and Mr. Herriman and Madame Foster) are as equally important as the so-called "Foster's Five". But unfortunately, I still feel that she'll get shafted by Mattel.
I totally agree with you Vox and btw it's "mallow" not "mellow". I think Frankie and Herriman and the others are just as equally important as Bloo or Mac or anyone else. I'm not saying they could run the show without Bloo or Mac.

But you get my drift. I also didn't mean to dampen your spirits about the whole toy thing, I'm just saying this because I think "realistically" that is what is going to happen. Of course that doesn't mean it will for sure happen.

They may surprise us and make a kick ass Frankie figure, I'm just saying that's a possibility that could happen. I think the technical term people would most likely associate Frankie with would be "supporting character".
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #23
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Mattel= Never kick ass figure
Too bad Palisades closed down, they could of got the license.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #24
Voxxyn
Banned

With regards to your earlier post; I'd be fine if they released the "Foster's Five" in the first wave, and Frankie and the other characters on a second wave. In fact, I think it could potentially a good thing, since the extra time would allow the toymakers to improve the Frankie figure--whether it be a normal toy, a plushie, or a Barbie--and ensure that it's a quality product.

My anger and apprehension was fueled(Not at you, of course) at how you said that Mattel would save the best stuff for the "Foster's Five", and how they wouldn't profit from making a well-done figure based on a so-called "supporting character". That only worsened what I previously said. That, and Invader Bloo's post about how he wished somebody else were making the Foster's toys, pretty much killed whatever hopes I had for the upcoming toys.

And personally, I don't care if the word in question is "supporting", "minor", "side", "secondary" or whatever, because the meaning remains the same. I just plain don't appreciate that perception of Frankie.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #25
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I don't like it, either. "Secondary Character" indeed. The show wouldn't be the same without her. I'd still watch, as I like the other characters, too, but it would never have the same appeal, the same charm, as it does now. She lights up the screen like no one I've ever met before, real or otherwise. Mattel has to be able to see that; they can't be that blind. She may not get as much hoopla from them as the so-called "main" characters, but I'm fairly confident that they'll give us some pretty good stuff. And I'm still hoping for a Frankie Barbie.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-01-2006 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #26
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Well, there are characters that arent't super-duper main characters that you just couldn't run the show without. frankie, madam foster, and mr. herriman are in that category. wilt, eduardo, and coco are marignally mroe important as far as the show being itslef is, but the whole show is pretty much the adventures of Mac and Bloo; they have to be in almost all of the episodes, even if in just small amounts. Frankie and madame fosters and so aon can miss a few episodes, but consistantly doing so isn't the best.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #27
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

What I meant was I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. I agree with you, I too hate the whole side, supporting, character crap titles that are assigned to characters in shows because in some ways, it really disrespects their importantcy in the show.

I just assumed that in terms of likeylness, the Foster's 5 would get the limelight shined on them a bit more brighter then the toys being made for Madame Foster, Frankie and Herriman. Does that make it fair? No, course not. But is it possible? Yes.

Frankie's not the only character that has been perceived this way that has pissed me off. Other shows I enjoy like Dragon Ball Z, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs and others have loveable characters and ones that fan deeply support, but are written off as side line guys. Like Frankie.

I personally hope they do see how important she is, and that she gets some more episodes about her. There have been only 3 episodes that followed her completely, "The Big Cheese" was a big role for her but Cheese stole the show a tad bit more then Frankie did.

I hope they do Frankie's toy justice and understand how important she is to the show, seeing as how important she is to alot of us.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #28
Voxxyn
Banned

Good posts by all. But I want to make it clear that my argument isn't for the writers to make Frankie the be-all-and-end-all main character, NOT AT ALL. I understand that such isn't the role for her in the show.

The point I've been trying to make from the beginning, is that I'm worried that the concept of the "Foster's Five" and the recent mega-hyping of Cheese/Goo are completely overshadowing Frankie, THUS possibly leading to her being neglected by next year's merchandising blitz. Sure, us diehard fans can see past that, and give her the appreciation she deserves. But what if the Mattel toymakers happen to be people who don't even watch the show?

If anybody from the Foster's staff or some "audience tracking" researcher of Mattel happens to be reading this, I hope that they can see just how much she means to some of us, no matter how many times she gets labeled as being a "secondary character".

Last edited by Voxxyn; 10-01-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #29
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

The reason I said the other company because their toys are based for collector's & don't have "action features" which can & sometimes do ruin figures. I'm picky, you guys may all love what Mattel comes out with& I may hate it. Hopefully I'll love it. No offense, but to us Frankie is a main character. But in a ton of epsidoes she dosen't sppear. I love Frankie she's great! Not so sure about kids though.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #30
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

You do have a point, Voxxyn, and in truth I am a little worried about it. I don't think Mattel will let us down, at least not too much, but yeah, I really don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. On the positive side, since the toys aren't coming out until after the annual holiday madness, they may be a little easier to get ahold of.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-01-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote